autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Not sure if I could afford the bill from you listening to my life story while out on the boat...."your goin' need a bigger boat" but for another reason, to get to the opposite end from me, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Hey, no big deal "Chum"...........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Finally got my wife's SUV back from some basic warranty work at the dealer. Gave the interior a full cleaning. Pure black interior on her car looks great and very luxurious when clean but man it is like a black paint job......it's a second job keeping it clean.

Normally I HATE doing it, but this time......Tornador Action in play and DANG!!! this this rocks! Cleaned the inside of my wife's SUV in 20 minutes from dirty with grass and typical dirt all over it's pure black carpet and leather that was dusty and just plain dull to brand new. The first step was to use the Black Cone to blast from top to bottom getting about 50% of the muck out of the open doors. Worked surprisingly well. Do this first as you'll save a lot of time with dirt that gets caught in between the seats, under them or along door moldings. It was late day sun so I LOL seeing a dust cloud make its way out of the car.

Next I put on the Velocity Vac Attachement and vacuumed the ventilated seats and along the seems. Again, pure black leather shows everything. Gone goes the dust and dirt! Moved next onto the carpet. Man, this thing ROCKS! It was dare I say near effortless. I love how it pulls the carpet fibers up and spins them. You can actually see it working. All the crumbs and dust that would gather in the seams..gone!

The last thing I did was a basic wipe down with a damp microfiber towel and viola! The car looks amazing now. Total time including the wipe down as 30 minutes. It easily saved me 20 minutes of vacuuming at it to get the dog hair and what not out. It's super easy to use.
    Sounds a lot of efficiency! How much gallons for the air compressor do you need to run this?

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    Sounds a lot of efficiency! How much gallons for the air compressor do you need to run this?

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk
    It is efficient and man it works great. Did I mention I like it so much I bought two Tornadors? My plan is to keep one with the Velocity Vac installed and another as a blower with the black funnel so I can just swap tools faster.

Gallon size isn't as important as cfm rate. Even with a 60 Gallon compressor I will only get 2 minutes of working time before it will cycle on but the key is my compressor puts out over 2.5x the required flow so when it cycles on to refill the tank I can continue to work full speed and it will also still fill the tank back up pretty quickly. 1:30 if the tool is off, about 2:45 with me running the tool.

That's important as the duty cycle of most compressors is 50% thus try not to run it more than 30 minutes of every hour. IMO the larger size is well worth it. The cost delta isn't much and while some on forums and FB get away using a 10-20gal smaller unit, they are not going to be long-lived if they have it running the entire time, nor are they likely getting full power out of it. I put a small psi gauge on my gun to ensure it's getting 90 psi.

There are some nice 20-30 gal 10+ cfm units out there for the mobile guys. Their best bet IMO though is to go gas powered as I am not sure what access to a good electric connection that has the amps needed would be. Lots of typical homes / garages won't likely have but 15 or 20 amp breakers in the garage and who knows what power issues they have. I put a dedicated 220v in with a cut off as required by code. Future wise for potentially the next home owner, I also have a 30 amp 110v outlet out there too so they could choose to put a smaller compressor on that and have dedicated breaker. I currently have a fridge and an upright freezer on it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My garage update.

Over the weekend I built these huge floating shelves.

90" long 4" tall and 11" deep

Loaded up these floating shelves I built with mostly detailing chemicals.

Wash buckets and target cart fit below.

By the door I have the cox hose reel and 100 ft obsessed garage hose, mosmatic gun, and sunjoe Spx9004 pressure washer on the plywood pressure washer station I built.

Master blaster has a modified rockler vacuum hose reel plus a 35 foot pool hose with the master blaster tip!

Plus wall mounted ikea shoe storage for towels

Everything has a coating of sawdust right now :-)

Cleaned out the garage to fit my new to me c7 corvette!! (plus wife's car)

More pics in my post!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Likes TTQ B4U, Klasse Act, DFB, Mdjas, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The slotted mount for the pressure washer gun and the foam cannon is really neat, I'm totally going to copy that!

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned my new to me 14 c7 corvette last night and got some better pics today

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Likes Mdjas, SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Corvette Daviddear30!! Best it’s a blast to drive and I’m sure you had fun laying down some rubber there
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

11. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally had a cool cloudy morning so I took the chance to do a reset wash on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love ResetWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been a month since i washed my envoy denali. Been living off just wipe downs with waterless wash. Need to get some rinseless for winter. I dont use much chemical guys stuff but i love there mr. pink soap. I used that and then meguairs all wheel cleaner on wheels and liners. Then after it air dryed i wiped whole thing down with some uqw. I have a bad habit of not drying my cars. So I usually wipe them back down quickly with a spray wax. Trying to use up products i have so i can try others. Here it is. Id say its not bad for a 13 yr old vehicle. Also last time it was washed i had used meguiars 3in1. So thats the base layer of protection. Anyway enough talking heres pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes bofh, SWETM, Misterpaul, rvalero liked this post
Page 268 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 168218258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278318368768 ... LastLast