autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    AGO ran a BlackFire sale last week so I bought some of their Waterless Wash. Yesterday I had a chance to try it out and I really didn't enjoy it at all. For a WW, the BF is really streaky. I was using it in the early morning, cool paint and 80% shade. It takes twice as many towels to use as any other I've tried to get it buffed off (it's worse than a bad quick detailer, IMHO) because of how hard it is to remove. The 32oz bottle is really clunky to use-- it's heavy and the spray head is undersized for it, so it's hard to hold and I dropped it several times. The WW is expensive compared to, well, every other WW which is why it took a good sale to get me to try it. It cleaned OK but certainly not in my top 5. I stopped using it halfway through the SUV and switched to 3D Waterless which works perfectly fine. I think I'll probably use it as a pre-rinse from now on.
    Have you tried McKees 37 N 914 as a WW? I was never a WW fan until I used N 914.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Another week of heat and downpours and it sitting in it and drying up...FNW time!

Getting things started was a Hydrosilex Silica soap pre-wash foam with the IK Foam 9. I'm getting low on this soap so I wanna finish off the bottle, thin the herd but its solid performer used this way. I basically did a double foam and let it sit on the car and up in the wheelwells while I got after the tires and wheels.

For the tire and wheel cleaning I made up a new batch of P&S Brake Buster @3:1 and just foamed the tires and wheels and let it sit, all 4 of them and ZERO agitation. I noticed the "brown stuff" starting to run down so I then rinsed down the wheelwells, tires, wheels and then the entire car, time for the 2BM.

The 2BM wash portion was handled by a rather expensive import from the UK, Bilt-Hamber auto-wash. This stuff is VERY concentrated but I used an ounce, about a half ounce too much, LOL, I'll remember next time around! The suds created were out of control but then again i used a "tad" too much. The wash went great, glides over the TWSS protected paint with ease, great wash this evening.

I dried out the jams and wiped down under the hood to keep everything looking new and I'm about to head upstairs and get some VRT for the engine bay bits and some of that high gloss tire dressing I spoke about last week, it's due out VERY soon, keep an eye out in the "what's new" section. No reason for pics but I've gotta finish up the odds and ends hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok...tires have been sprayed and this after about 15 minutes. I sprayed them first and then got after the engine bay with VRT and larger "used" mf sponge which is perfect for this. I didn't have 303 protectant down here so I used the tire product for areas in the engine bay I couldn't get to. I ended up spraying some on the engine cover but wiped it in, doesn't work like that but doesn't matter, plastic manifold has been sprayed and should look good later and if it's too much, no problem, just wipe it in with the same sponge I used earlier. I'm using the clean as you go and then "dress it" when you feel like it. I'll post pics in a couple days when I go to C&C on Sunday, wanted to go tomorrow but Mother Nature has her own plans for the morningWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ok...tires have been sprayed and this after about 15 minutes. I sprayed them first and then got after the engine bay with VRT and larger "used" mf sponge which is perfect for this. I didn't have 303 protectant down here so I used the tire product for areas in the engine bay I couldn't get to. I ended up spraying some on the engine cover but wiped it in, doesn't work like that but doesn't matter, plastic manifold has been sprayed and should look good later and if it's too much, no problem, just wipe it in with the same sponge I used earlier. I'm using the clean as you go and then "dress it" when you feel like it. I'll post pics in a couple days when I go to C&C on Sunday, wanted to go tomorrow but Mother Nature has her own plans for the morningWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You are a sick man, Roger.

Not only do I get tired even reading your posts, I feel like I should be keeping pace as a fellow 49 year-old.

But hey, (lean in close....) I ain't doing it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, sorry Paul, I'm a little too descriptive but it's just how I am and I know YOU know I'm not showing off but I just wanted to put that out there, I only know one way!

That said, I didn't scrub the wheels at all, wanna see how the 3:1 ratio does compared to 5:1, see if it can be like Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner at the 12 ounces in a gallon ratio which I guess is, rounded up, 11:1...someone help a brother out What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washed my Formula and my G8, Blackfire rinseless and a coat of BFWD on the Formula,and McKess Rinse Free Wash and Wax on the G8. Topped both with BF Midnight Sun Spray Wax. Nice!!

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Have you tried McKees 37 N 914 as a WW? I was never a WW fan until I used N 914.
    Not yet. I like using it as a RW though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Not yet. I like using it as a RW though!
    It's good as a RW. If you get a chance to use it as a WW you won't be disappointed. It is excellent!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Another week of heat and downpours and it sitting in it and drying up...FNW time!

Getting things started was a Hydrosilex Silica soap pre-wash foam with the IK Foam 9. I'm getting low on this soap so I wanna finish off the bottle, thin the herd but its solid performer used this way. I basically did a double foam and let it sit on the car and up in the wheelwells while I got after the tires and wheels.

For the tire and wheel cleaning I made up a new batch of P&S Brake Buster @3:1 and just foamed the tires and wheels and let it sit, all 4 of them and ZERO agitation. I noticed the "brown stuff" starting to run down so I then rinsed down the wheelwells, tires, wheels and then the entire car, time for the 2BM.

The 2BM wash portion was handled by a rather expensive import from the UK, Bilt-Hamber auto-wash. This stuff is VERY concentrated but I used an ounce, about a half ounce too much, LOL, I'll remember next time around! The suds created were out of control but then again i used a "tad" too much. The wash went great, glides over the TWSS protected paint with ease, great wash this evening.

I dried out the jams and wiped down under the hood to keep everything looking new and I'm about to head upstairs and get some VRT for the engine bay bits and some of that high gloss tire dressing I spoke about last week, it's due out VERY soon, keep an eye out in the "what's new" section. No reason for pics but I've gotta finish up the odds and ends hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hehe the 1oz of BH Auto-Wash is what you are dilute it with almost 15 gallons of water LOL. So you had it well diluted. Try to get the wash solution on the brake rotors before they starts to dry and the rust is present and rinse it off. The rust inhibitors in it will greatly reduce the rust on them. Maybe not all but you would get very little of the useally thin rust on them. Just a little tips. If IIRC the Brake Buster also has rust inhibitors in it? I used Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus and when it had dwelled long enough I used BH Surfex HD as a prewash foam and covered the wheels and wheel wells with the foam over the Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus too. Clean rinsed with PW and didn't touch the wheels at any step. Came out great and not a sign of rust on the rotors. After the wash I used a leafblower to dry the wheel and wheel wells with. With newly applyied wheel protection and tire coating it cleanded up great when swiped the finger to see if any dirt was left there and nope it where clean. Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus can be a little to expensive for you for maintance. I get it for around $7 for the 750ml bottle. And a bottle of it useally last 4-5 washes for me. Not the most economical wheel cleaner but since I don't need to be aggitating it it's well worth it. So I understand your stronger dilution of Brake Buster to get to work well as a touchless cleaning of the wheels.

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I had about 3 gallons of water so based on what you said about 5x's the amount, LOL. I tried it very low before and IIRC I didn't get alot of suds which I know isn't the "be all, end all" but I gotta have something in that bucket, LOL. I have to use a medicine measuring cup for the Bilt-Hamber stuff, its THAT strong and not cheap, I paid about $30.00 shipped for the bottle it's not very big but well worth it IMO!

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 225 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 125175215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235275325725 ... LastLast