autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    Rinseless wash and coated my new Honda Lawnmower with CP DLUX. My wife thinks I need to get my head examined.

I'm with her LOL. I'm all about clean vehicles, organized home, power washed driveway and deep green neatly edged lawn.
    But theres a few things that are a bit over the top for me What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Hardly. A nice piece of equipment is every bit the investment a vehicle is. That mower’ll be around for a long time!

I’ve got the same one (or equivalent) from 5 years ago, it’s a great machine!!!
    My mower is probably pushing 20 years right now! An MTD with a Honda motor. 15-40 rotella once a year, and sharpen the blade every few months. Starts first pull every time if you choke it!
    I've been using it since I was about 14-15, and it wasnt new when I got it. I just turned 30 last month.
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Soooo....my wife and daughter are out with my buddy Hectour and his wife and daughter for a Mother's Day outing and I've already washed and dried my car and I'm bored...yep, time to try something new and that "something new" is IGL Premier. I bought this stuff on sale during the Christmas sale and decided that TODAY was the day for it. Because my paint has no swirls I've decided to wait till late summer/early fall to do a light polishing and apply TAC system Power Plus. My thinking is this, since the paint is good shape now and I've got so many sprays to use let's use them, plus I maintain the car about twice a week so its clean and well protected and finally a polish and coating applied later in the year gives my car a fresh, strong coating going into my yearly trip to the Dragon and well into winter, so that's thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Anywho, onto the IGL Premier application. I used 2 plush, edgeless mf towels, one that was a "tad" more dense for wiping in and a softer one for the final buff. I just used a couple sprays per panel, product spreads very well. Upon the final buff I noticed it was a bit "grabby" and IMO that's fine because that tells me there's "something in there". I also applied it to the glass but basically with what was already in my application towel, use everything that's there already, leave NOTHING on the table! Since my finish is already glossy I can't comment on gloss other than it's still glossy, LOL. What I'm looking for here is beading and more importantly SELF CLEANING abilities. As you guys know this is an area where TRUE coatings really accel, so let's see what this does for me! At $65.00 a bottle, regular price, this product isn't cheap, so I've got high expectations but people who've used/use it talk it up pretty highly and if it works THAT great, well, I too will be one of those people. The product will cure the rest of today, tonight and all day tomorrow, so no outside or water or in other words NO EXUSESWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed and dried both the Audi and MB using Chemical Guys Honeydew and Meguiar’s Hyper-Wash
    Audi- clayed, Duragloss Bonding agent, DG 111, Optimum Spray Wax
    MB - Optimum Spray Wax

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Soooo....my wife and daughter are out with my buddy Hectour and his wife and daughter for a Mother's Day outing and I've already washed and dried my car and I'm bored...yep, time to try something new and that "something new" is IGL Premier. I bought this stuff on sale during the Christmas sale and decided that TODAY was the day for it. Because my paint has no swirls I've decided to wait till late summer/early fall to do a light polishing and apply TAC system Power Plus. My thinking is this, since the paint is good shape now and I've got so many sprays to use let's use them, plus I maintain the car about twice a week so its clean and well protected and finally a polish and coating applied later in the year gives my car a fresh, strong coating going into my yearly trip to the Dragon and well into winter, so that's thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Anywho, onto the IGL Premier application. I used 2 plush, edgeless mf towels, one that was a "tad" more dense for wiping in and a softer one for the final buff. I just used a couple sprays per panel, product spreads very well. Upon the final buff I noticed it was a bit "grabby" and IMO that's fine because that tells me there's "something in there". I also applied it to the glass but basically with what was already in my application towel, use everything that's there already, leave NOTHING on the table! Since my finish is already glossy I can't comment on gloss other than it's still glossy, LOL. What I'm looking for here is beading and more importantly SELF CLEANING abilities. As you guys know this is an area where TRUE coatings really accel, so let's see what this does for me! At $65.00 a bottle, regular price, this product isn't cheap, so I've got high expectations but people who've used/use it talk it up pretty highly and if it works THAT great, well, I too will be one of those people. The product will cure the rest of today, tonight and all day tomorrow, so no outside or water or in other words NO EXUSESWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Your experience in regards to application was the same as mine. Little goes a long way. Definitely was grabby on that initial wipe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    Washed and dried both the Audi and MB using Chemical Guys Honeydew and Meguiar’s Hyper-Wash
    Audi- clayed, Duragloss Bonding agent, DG 111, Optimum Spray Wax
    MB - Optimum Spray Wax
    How do you like the #111/601 comboWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like the #111/601 comboWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

First time I tried it.
    Can’t give you an opinion yet. Have yet to take it out. Reminded me of the olden days when Zaino was a 2 step process. Collonite 845 was easier to put on and take off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    First time I tried it.
    Can’t give you an opinion yet. Have yet to take it out. Reminded me of the olden days when Zaino was a 2 step process. Collonite 845 was easier to put on and take off.
    Collinite #845 is easier to remove than #111/601...What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What ratio did you mix the DG combo?

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite #845 is easier to remove than #111/601...What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What ratio did you mix the DG combo?

I could have mixed it 4 to 1 as stated on bottle but decided to put on 601 first and then the 111 afterwards. Was the first time I used this stuff. I wasn’t planning to do it as it was a spur of the moment decision after I had cleaned the MB after cleaning the Audi.

Post Thanks / Like

I used BFsi02 spray again and was pleased with the results.

The first time I used it as a drying aid which I wasn't very happy with.
    As a stand alone on freshly washed dry paint it was a breeze to apply and remove. It left a slick surface and blingy shine.

I had to get the front clip done on my sisters 2011 Outback after a 6 hour trek home from her job in Marquette. Nothing like the Florida bugs but enough splats to be a chore.
    I used Stoners tarminator followed by D114 last night. Today I clayed, white pad with Essence then PNS.
    That grabby PNS wasn't all that bad to work with on polished paint but the final smoothness left me to squirt some Blackfire on it. Then I was happy.
    The rest of the car was finished with BF si02.

Sonax insect remover and Stoners bug eraser wipes are on the way for next time.

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 180 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 801301701711721731741751761771781791801811821831841851861871881891902302806801180 ... LastLast