autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Gave the Genesis a little wash and preparing to turn it in. I'm not sure how picky Hyundai is with their lease turn ins, so I shampooed everything and took care of the stains around the interior. Also practiced my stripes, Sizzlechest's stripes are my inspiration lol. Topped the exterior off with CMX, still streaked and it is even more noticeable on the dark color, not impressed with it at all. Let's see how it looks in the morning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes PaulMys, VISITOR, SWETM, Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice.

But, working for a dealer, I can tell you that they don't give a rats a$$ about lease returns.

Yours will be more desirable as an auction vehicle though.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Gave the Genesis a little wash and preparing to turn it in. I'm not sure how picky Hyundai is with their lease turn ins, so I shampooed everything and took care of the stains around the interior. Also practiced my stripes, Sizzlechest's stripes are my inspiration lol. Topped the exterior off with CMX, still streaked and it is even more noticeable on the dark color, not impressed with it at all. Let's see how it looks in the morning.

What's replacing it...G70?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    What's replacing it...G70?

It was replaced by a G90 lol. I'm finishing the lease for my dad and fix some stuff on it before I turn it in.

7. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post

love that color!

9. Likes Klasse Act, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nice.

But, working for a dealer, I can tell you that they don't give a rats a$$ about lease returns.

Hmm this is interesting to hear about leases in the US. But it's what I have noticed through reading about it how it works. Here in Sweden the leases seems a bit different. First when you sign of the lease you estimate the driving distance you are going to have. And if that's much off when turned in the price added is high. Also if the normal wear what that now is is more than expected. It's also something that will get you a higher cost as when you turn it in. Don't know if they are hard on these things. But on private leases it's rare that you see them to neglect the vehicals they lease. A good friend of mine has looked at leasing a car. But with his high mileage of driving cars it's more costly than to buy it instead. If you have a business car and leasing it it's way different than the private ones. So maybe not autogeek standard care of a leased car but if you get back with no maintance and stains and unusual wear interior or exterior and driven way longer than the leasing says. I have only heard this extra cost will be no fun to found out when turned in. Could be that the leasing cost is very different from the beginning between our countries. But from how we look at it it seems to be a huge difference in the mind set of leasing vehicals.

Is it big difference in the cost if you where to buy the car and trade it in than a lease is during the same amount of time?

Post Thanks / Like

Took me three days to do 90% of the detailing of my wife’s Big Bertha. First day was just basically tried to clean the tires and wheels as best I could since it was super windy. Also cleaned the interior of Big Bertha and partially the engine bay. Second day consisted of washing, claying and polishing the paint. The third day, with the help of my two boys, I cleaned and polished the wheels, and finished polishing and then used sealant.

I used Duragloss 501 and PBA 4:1 mixture and after I was done, I used DG 111 and PBA 4:1 mixture also. I used the GG6 to both the DG 501 and 111 mixtures. Still need to apply the Collinite 845 but that will be most likely next weekend and then AW afterwards.

I used Mother’s Chrome polish and a little elbow grease to remove the stuck on brake dust and then used some of the DG 501 mixture on the wheels to give it some protection.

Learned a lot from this forum and thanks to all those people that helps out newbies like myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Klasse Act, Misterpaul, Diner, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of work there but look at that shimmerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes drei4runner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nice.

Thank you for that! I never know what to expect when turning in a car.

I know GM doesnt care about the condition, but I got a bill from Nissan when I turned in my Sentra in 2009 for rock chips on the front bumper. They said it was excessive wear and tear, wasn't even bad. Havnt leased a Nissan since.

Post Thanks / Like

Nissan sucks, not a fan of their product line and certain not their CVT, the one in our new Eclipse Cross is pretty impressive if I'm honest. I will say that the new Altima is a good lookin' car, renders the Maxima useless other than it comes with a V6, same size car and I predict the Maxima ends up "sleeping with the fishes".

Page 147 of 1220 FirstFirst ... 47971371381391401411421431441451461471481491501511521531541551561571972476471147 ... LastLast