autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Those rims look to be an absolute nightmare, good luck to youWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While at my local Menard’s getting another LED garage light (5,000 lumens) I stumbled across Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax with a $5 rebate. Added to the 11% store rebate I felt I couldn’t pass it up at 8 dollars and change. I plan on using it on the wheels and door shuts leaving CarPro Hydro for the rest of the paint.

The LED lights are on the sides and dual fluorescent strips are at the front and rear of the garage. The lovely wife says it’s almost too bright, I say bah, it’s never too bright! The fluorescent strips are now hung in the basement adding to the 100w equivalent LED bulbs. Next time I have an extra $40 on hand the garage will get two more LED lights.
    Before:

After:
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

3. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    While at my local Menard’s getting another LED garage light (5,000 lumens) I stumbled across Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax with a $5 rebate. Added to the 11% store rebate I felt I couldn’t pass it up at 8 dollars and change. I plan on using it on the wheels and door shuts leaving CarPro Hydro for the rest of the paint.

The LED lights are on the sides and dual fluorescent strips are at the front and rear of the garage. The lovely wife says it’s almost too bright, I say bah, it’s never too bright! The fluorescent strips are now hung in the basement adding to the 100w equivalent LED bulbs. Next time I have an extra $40 on hand the garage will get two more LED lights.
    Before:

After:
    FYI the website for the rebate that's listed on the back doesn't work( at least when I bought it) I found the working website address on the mol forum.....just got my $5 a few days ago

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Thanks Misterpaul thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    See I like you. You get it lol. Rupes!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Haha!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post

I was in Menards last week and couldn't find any deals on a 5000k shop light. All or most of them are 4000k.

I opted for Amazon >8, 4ft single daisy chain 6500k for $55.00 for my shadow corners.

Walmart on the other hand has a 5000 lumen, 5000k shop light for 21 that I almost pulled the trigger on yesterday.
    When I am done I should be around 100,000 lumens give or take 10,000

Post Thanks / Like

Had to clean it up before it goes into the bodyshop this Wednesday. Took me an hour and half or double the time for the Abarth, LOL. I did notice some light scratches on the p/s front door, apparently Bambi had some antlers or its hoofs hit the door. I'm going to try and get them out tomorrow.

Used dpc Revive and it cleaned the car really well, as expected. Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner REALLY did a great job, very impressive What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes DETAILROOKIE, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Had to clean it up before it goes into the bodyshop this Wednesday. Took me an hour and half or double the time for the Abarth, LOL. I did notice some light scratches on the p/s front door, apparently Bambi had some antlers or its hoofs hit the door. I'm going to try and get them out tomorrow.

Used dpc Revive and it cleaned the car really well, as expected. Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner REALLY did a great job, very impressive What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm sure you know this but strip wash everything and no dressings what so ever...I don't know what dpc products have in it but you want to give the body shop a clean slate

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also is that your new car from a couple weeks ago...what happened?

Post Thanks / Like

So what's up with the duct tape

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    So what's up with the duct tape

She clipped a deer last Sat, the cladding around the wheelwell was flapping, plus I taped up the cracks in the bumper cover.

Page 100 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 50909192939495969798991001011021031041051061071081091101502006001100 ... LastLast