autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 40 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950901405401040 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

34 degrees was a little too cold for the hose and 2 bucket wash, so the Buick got a good rinse with the Worx Hydroshot and then a rinseless wash with Wolfgang Uber. My wife called me cuckoo for washing the car in the cold. That may be true but she will go to work tomorrow with the best looking car in the parking lot. Who is cuckoo now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    My wife called me cuckoo for washing the car in the cold.
    She must talk to my wife and I would have to agree with them both as you and I are a bit nuts along with 99% here
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

3. Likes SWETM, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to wipe down the interior with Mckee's fast interior detailer, I really like this product, like it so much that with my recent larger order I added a fresh bottle so I wouldn't run out in the future. While I was down in the garage I also used the Mckee's fast interior detailer on the outside, in particular my lower grill, side intercooler grills and rear valance panel. I mean these are plastic pieces so I can't see what it would hurt, had it in my hand and just wanted to keep going (I'm sure you guys understand, LOL)

I also applied a fresh coat of tire dressing, this time it was Gyeon Q2 Tire, a very light coat was all that was needed here as I have a separate applicator for each of my dressings, so it's already pre-treated!

Now the car sits till Friday when I go back to work, still noticed dust after going to and from work on a clean car, I just don't understand this salt dust, can it really be hangin' around a month laterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've finished working on a charcoal metallic 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee that a dealer monkey butchered with a rotary. I used 'old school' Menzerna products (PO83Q, PO85U & PO85RD) along with LCCC pads (orange, white, grey). I tried to take pics but doing close-ups in the highly lit up environment didn't lend itself to my amateur photography skills.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Warm enough to do a wash and I had a itch to try some of my new to me products. Been doing the interior with McKess interior detailer till I can do a full interior come spring. Did do a engine detail today. Sonax engine cleaner followed with Sonus motor kote. The new to me...

Pinnacle glass cleaner with rain repel. Nice product. Did all exterior glass with it. No streaks or smears. Will see how strong the repel side of it is.

McKess headlamp protectant spray. Hit the lamps with it. Used a MF. No issues or drama. Left them looking great.

Ultima screen protectant. Got this for the touch screen. Nice MF included. This product really shined. Left the screen very clean and smudge free.

Griots aerosol satin shine. Interesting tire shine product. It does indeed have a nice sprayer. And the product did not run or streak. Appeared to dry after some time. Sling? Don`t know yet. Finish is nice looking. Great alt. for off road tires. This product was given to me to try out by fly07sti. Thanks again.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

9. Likes oneheadlite, SWETM, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    IGL Ecocoat Premier will outlast BF by a wide margin. BF lasted me 2 weeks and IGL is still going after 4 months!
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I splurged on IGL Premier and plan on applying it come spring, looking forward to seeing how this "new to us" product line works out!

That’s pretty depressing about the BF Sio2. Was hoping it would do at least 2 months. Guess I will try and use it on the work truck to get it used up. Then I can go to beadmaker and IGL. I was impressed with IGL. I did 2 sprays in the microfiber on small/average sized panels and 3 for larger ones. Think her roof was 6 total. Hopefully it adhered well as it was cooler in the garage so it never really hazed. I just let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then buffed in/off. We shall see.

Beadmaker though. Wow that got super slick. Can’t tell on the gloss in the garage, need more light. Hoping I don’t have to do anything for a month on the hood but it’ll get topped with One of the 3 so no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gloss and Beadmaker...guaranteedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE Who is cuckoo now?]

Yeah, that would be you UD............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Ended up finishing the interior of dad’s car

Corrected the interior trim with 3D One using the Rupes Ibrid nano and a Buff & Shine euro fiber pad.

Coated with some leftover 22ple VX Pro2. Will top it with Finitura to see about this claim of improving scratch resistance on glass coatings by over 500%.

Also cleaned and recoated the leather with Cquartz leather coating

15. Likes Maxreed241, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Assembled the Xmas gifts. Got a IK foam 9 all put together and swapped to the orange office tube at KA recommendation.

Also built my Speed master tool rack. Pretty simple and should serve me well.

Then picked up the garage and organized the detailing stuff. Man I need to build some shelving and get a cabinet for my stuff. Can’t wait for warmer weather to be able to have the door open and detailing more frequent

Attachment 65566Attachment 65567

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does it have locking casters?

Page 40 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950901405401040 ... LastLast