autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1210 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 2107101110116012001201120212031204120512061207120812091210
Results 12,091 to 12,094 of 12094
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Well that sucks. I bought this combo with visions (ahhhh catch the pun) of perfect glass and rain repelling driving. With ease of use. Gow did Carpro not design in ease of use on a new product? (Towards the competition out there)
    It could be that I was a little heavy handed when using it, it does say to use less when spraying on coated glass. Muscle memory probably took over when I was spraying what my brain saw as a standard glass cleaner, it would also explain why it worked easily on the uncoated glass. So, go light I guess.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So I did the test with Carpro Clarify Phobic. I polished the windshield completely clean with Duragloss Nu-Glass on my Ryobi RO with one of the Ryobi supplied pads. Then wiped it over with Carpro Eraser. I could tell there was no protection left by the way the Eraser sprayed onto the surface, very flat.

Next I sprayed the Clarify Phobic, only 3 sprays for the whole windshield, it's only 16.5 inches high so it doesn't need much. And... It wiped off totally clear, and with minimal effort.

To continue the test I did the side windows next, without polishing anything off, and I did only small sprays on them, and it was definitely more streaky, I had to walk around a couple of times to finish them off.

While I was doing all this I also cleaned and treated my wiper blades, and de-hazed the inside of my windshield with Bowden's Naked Glass, which I also used very lightly, as per their instructions.

All done, time to move the FJ out and the Qashqai back in, and of course, it's started raining, so I dried the Qashqai off with the bigboi, almost as much fun as spraying foam everywhere.

3. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Tasmania, Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It could be that I was a little heavy handed when using it, it does say to use less when spraying on coated glass. Muscle memory probably took over when I was spraying what my brain saw as a standard glass cleaner, it would also explain why it worked easily on the uncoated glass. So, go light I guess.

I need to heed steps #3 & #4, next time for sure! Also I didn't know about wet application, thanks DaveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Just applied CarPro Clarify Phobic to my glass and I must say it's "finicky", maybe I need to use my Griot's Garage glass mf towels, the one I used (can't remember who's) might have made application more difficultWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Isn't this the cleaner/maintainer for Gforce? I have both (unopened) and had high hopes it would be a winning combo.
    How is it finicky? Streaks and haze?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It does this streak/haze thing, gotta rub a little harder to level it outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm glad its not just me who found it tricky to use.

For me, I was getting quite a bit streaky haze that needed way more buffing than normal. In frustration, I actually went back and cleaned the glass again with Invisible Glass.

Now, this product was supposed to be able to help maintain an existing glass coating or provide hydrophobics to un-coated glass. I suspect you would need a Carpro coating for it to work with, because it clearly doesn't play well with Gyeon Quick View.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
Page 1210 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 2107101110116012001201120212031204120512061207120812091210