autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    For the 2nd day in a row I washed the EN. Yesterday I had a 500ML Kwazzer filled with Bilt-Hamber Surfex @3:1 and sprayed it on the car. The line was very long, waited the better part of an hour, less than that today though. I know this, it needs a Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-foam pre-wash because I can still see the top layer of traffic film...I LOATHE WINTERWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    How did the Sufex HD do as a pre-soak?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    You are nuts lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Agreed

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    How did the Sufex HD do as a pre-soak?
    I made up a gallon of it at a 3:1 ratio and used it through a 500ML Kwazzer, so not the preferred method. I didn't get anywhere near the same coverage as I do using my IK Foam Pro 12, I just did it this way because it's what I had with me that day.

I'll try it in my IK Foam Pro 12 in the future and report back, probably 4 oz to 1 gallon of distilled water, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's been 2 weeks since I've washed the EN using a pre-wash, last night in 29 degree weather was THE day! I used 1 ounce of DIY Detail Incredible Suds and got THAT level of suds, product is really impressive What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Even @9:30 p.m. there were 2 vehicles that pulled in while I was foaming the EN but by the time I emptied the tank I got right in. The pH level of Incredible Suds is reported to be 8.5 and it brought back FULL, strong beading to the ENWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The DIY Detail Incredible Suds is impressive and will be used in the rotation for pre-washes, like as a "tweener", Bilt-Hamber Touchless & Auto-foam for the heavy lifting (pun intended) I've also just acquired the just releases Griot's Garage Brillant Finish snow foam and DIY Detail All Clean. Someone at DIY Detail told me to use 4 ounces in my IK Foam Pro 12 and 1 gallon of distilled for my pre-wash, they're confident it can compete with Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam and Touchless....STAY "TUNED" for that challengeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, opie, Big Dave, MadMerc, dgage and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's been 2 weeks since I've washed the EN using a pre-wash, last night in 29 degree weather was THE day! I used 1 ounce of DIY Detail Incredible Suds and got THAT level of suds, product is really impressive What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Even @9:30 p.m. there were 2 vehicles that pulled in while I was foaming the EN but by the time I emptied the tank I got right in. The pH level of Incredible Suds is reported to be 8.5 and it brought back FULL, strong beading to the ENWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The DIY Detail Incredible Suds is impressive and will be used in the rotation for pre-washes, like as a "tweener", Bilt-Hamber Touchless & Auto-foam for the heavy lifting (pun intended) I've also just acquired the just releases Griot's Garage Brillant Finish snow foam and DIY Detail All Clean. Someone at DIY Detail told me to use 4 ounces in my IK Foam Pro 12 and 1 gallon of distilled for my pre-wash, they're confident it can compete with Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam and Touchless....STAY "TUNED" for that challengeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Nice The slightly higher pH of Incredible Suds seems beneficial. I haven't used an DIY products yet but I am definitely going to order soon. My next order will be DIY and BH Touchless/AF.

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot's Snow Foam doesn't list a dilution for pump-up foamers. It's 8:1 for a foam cannon, which is the same as the Brilliant Finish Car Wash. So i'll be trying the BF Car Wash dilution for the pump-up foamer, which is ~30:1 (2 oz soap for 60 oz).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    The Griot's Snow Foam doesn't list a dilution for pump-up foamers. It's 8:1 for a foam cannon, which is the same as the Brilliant Finish Car Wash. So i'll be trying the BF Car Wash dilution for the pump-up foamer, which is ~30:1 (2 oz soap for 60 oz).
    So what do you think for my IK Foam Pro 12 w/ a gallon of distilled water...3,4 or 5 oz of soapWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

So what do you think for my IK Foam Pro 12 w/ a gallon of distilled water...3,4 or 5 oz of soapWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'd try 4 oz for a gallon

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got an order into the “Geek” for 25% off.

Post Thanks / Like

So I took my g/f's VERY dirty Cruze for a carwash tonight. I had the IK Foam Pro 12 filled with 4 oz of DIY Detail All Clean and the usual gallon of distilled, also a leftover bottle of TWHS Hyper Foam, enough to do the front tires/wheels.

Now this product is basically a cleaner/degreaser like Alien What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Kleen or Bilt-Hamber Surfex but someone at DIY Detail tried telling me this is their equivalent because I suggested they make a pre-wash soap like Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam or TouchlessWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Well my g/f's Cruze is only protected with 303 Touchless Sealant and that was towards the end of fall, so it's in its latter stages of effectiveness right now, so it's not the usual test subject which is my car...obviouslyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Upon spraying I could clearly see this wasn't foaming, didn't expect it to but even Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam Foam better than this, again not that important as Bilt-Hamber pre-washes are tools, not toys like most pre-wash soaps. Now while it "looks" good in the pic I can confirm that by the time I got home I could clearly see dirt on the lower portions, oh well, it's better than it was before AND it's supposed to rain overnight What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I also applied some DIY Detail tire dressing, seems like your average product, not alot about it online or on their site, doesn't seem to be too talked up on the bottle either, guess we'll see how it holds up. I'll say this though, it's watery, spead easy enough and left her DWS06'S with a satin look.

15. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 959 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 45985990994995095195295395495595695795895996096196296396496596696796896910091059 ... LastLast