autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Seems like a BB type product? Would you say same or better? Have you used on aftermarket wheels?

I also don’t like that manufacturer says for

“Factory painted wheels only”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't see the "for factory wheels only" note. I'm pretty sure that product was out when I had the ES and it had aftermarket rims, no issuesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Had these delivered today, super keen to try them out.

A winning combo, the Hyper Foam is available in a gallon size for when you reorder What did you do today, in regards to detailing? The tire dressing is my favorite tire dressing right now!

4. Likes DFB, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-s560-front-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-s560-house-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-s560-ful-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-s560-ful-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-s560-rear-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-s560-wheel-jpg
    -Bilt Hambert Touch-less
    -Adams Iron remover Paint and wheels lastly used Vapor Chief 100
    -Max Shine 5" clay bar pad w/N914
    -3D Speed
    -Dura Aquawax
    -LSP Tech582
    Still trying to convince him to let me coat it. He is waiting on Ins. to make a decision to sell it or keep it. If he does keep it I will be able to coat this beautiful beast!

Post Thanks / Like

I know you would think I would of tackled this first. But the customer had sticker shock when I told him I would do it for $50 a door which is a steal considering the work it takes to truly get it perfect. After he saw the way the car turned out he adjusted to the price and changed his mind. I even tested the new steamer out on his back seats and I had to dress them after so came out really nice. I'm still looking for a gallon size reasonably price leather conditioner dressing with less cleaning ability since I now use the steamer. I'm looking into the Meg's D1800 and wondering if anyone uses it?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-window-trim-2-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-window-trim-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-trim-before-after-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I know you would think I would of tackled this first. But the customer had sticker shock when I told him I would do it for $50 a door which is a steal considering the work it takes to truly get it perfect. After he saw the way the car turned out he adjusted to the price and changed his mind. I even tested the new steamer out on his back seats and I had to dress them after so came out really nice. I'm still looking for a gallon size reasonably price leather conditioner dressing with less cleaning ability since I now use the steamer. I'm looking into the Meg's D1800 and wondering if anyone uses it?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-window-trim-2-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-window-trim-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-trim-before-after-jpg
    Nice work on the trim!

As for Meguiar's D180, I just threw the better part of a gallon in the trash, absolutely hated the stuff. Smelled terrible, had no cleaning ability and left leather looking and feeling slick/greasy. Far too shiny as well.

I know some here like it, but I just could not even remotely enjoy using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Santa brought me some new wheels for the truck, so I took a couple of hours to polish and coat these badboys before they are mounted. I coated with Carpro Dlux. Let's see how it does!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9. Likes Bosko, Texchappy, Jayfro, Uncbrs, Big Dave and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to give the FJ a 2B wash with Reset today, but it was too hot outside, not as hot as where DFB is, but 33C/91f and not a cloud in the sky.

So I adapted, gave the wheels and tyres a quick clean with Hyper Foam, then rinsed all the loose stuff off the paint in the driveway, before moving it inside still dripping wet. I then gave it an ONR wash, spraying each already wet panel liberally, before washing with a fully loaded wash mitt. Dried it with a couple of MFs, no drying aid.

I've noticed over the last couple of months the hood was looking and feeling a bit rough, so I went over it with a clay towel, then polished it with Scholl S20 Black on a Shine Mate yellow diamond pad. It's better, but I think the 11 year old paint is starting to give up. I'm starting to see some dull spots in it.

For protection for the hood I thought I'd go old school, I've had some Dodo Juice Light Fantastic sitting around for a while, still felt good, and applied real easy, wiped off easy as well. Then applied NV Jet over the whole car.

Lastly sprayed some Hyper Dressing on the tyres, diluted 4:1, and didn't wipe any off. It seems to be absorbing into the rubber well, I really like a matt finish on big tyres

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Having polished with Essence last week, applied two CQuartz UK 3 coats today to the Mav. Gliss this evening or tomorrow.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-53a2182c-73ab-46d0-9d15-8d6abfefb2ef-jpg

12. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, PaulMys, SNP209, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Having polished with Essence last week, applied two CQuartz UK 3 coats today to the Mav. Gliss this evening or tomorrow.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-53a2182c-73ab-46d0-9d15-8d6abfefb2ef-jpg
    That color What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes Big Dave, Texchappy, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Did my 2nd vehicle with cancoat. Prepped with nano skin clay sponge and then polished with Sonax PF. Then a good wipe down with cp eraser. The cancoat is a breeze to apply and wipe off. You guys make it easy with all the “shared knowledge” on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_3293-jpg

16. Likes PaulMys, opie, SNP209, Big Dave, DFB and 2 others liked this post
Page 956 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 45685690694694794894995095195295395495595695795895996096196296396496596610061056 ... LastLast