autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    This is the issue for me as well

He has always been “it’s my way or the highway” and then a week later he’s changed TShirts and the company he is shilling for and the rhetoric changes completely

Is he knowledgeable about detailing?

Hell yes

Do I respect and listen to him anymore?

Hell no

He has zero credibility in my eyes

Sorry if any fan boys get butt hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t know…. He wears a bow tie. Most bow tie guys know what there doing.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I will say this and call myself out though...when I called him out for doing a RW on a black 911 on Apex Detailings channel with what I thought was a tire and wheel brush it ended up NOT being that, it was made for RW, so I was wrong but I'm not using it.

I guess my issue was whoring himself out to soooo many channels that would have him, bashing "20th century wash technology" and now having that in your product lineWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It seems his RW is the "star" and I'll see how it does tomorrow, the EN hasn't been washed in daysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I have never seen a Rinsless brush. One on there says wheel and body…. Safe for all painted surfaces. Doesn’t say anything about rinseless….. Also looks like generic green bristle cream handle brush most i”independents” sell.

Only one that I think might be OK would be Wheel woolies BHB..

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I have never seen a Rinsless brush. One on there says wheel and body…. Safe for all painted surfaces. Doesn’t say anything about rinseless….. Also looks like generic green bristle cream handle brush most i”independents” sell.

Only one that I think might be OK would be Wheel woolies BHB..

Years ago, when I had my 99 Pathfinder, so about 2005, I bought a Meguiar's Car Wash Brush. This wheel face brush has the same adjustable handle, but the bristles were white, at least when I bought it they were, and they were really soft. I still have it, and have tried it on the lower black trim of the FJ and the wheels, but it's too soft for that, and holds too many contaminants for the paint. So all in all, a complete waste.

Maybe on the bullbar, hmmmm.......

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, chilly, Klasse Act, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I don’t know…. He wears a bow tie. Most bow tie guys know what there doing.

So do my grand dogs, and they don’t think much of him either

Plus they can’t detail for crap

Their specialty is trashing interiors…

Oy vey

Post Thanks / Like

So this new DIY Detail RW was burning a hole on my shelf and I got the chance to try it well over an hour ago.

I decided to use the 2BM and the Adam's red sponge for the wash media. Since I pre-treat everytime, especially this time as I used it on my g/f's Cruze, it was dirty...and BLACK to boot! I had 3.5 gallons of water and added 2 oz of product and stirred it around. It has an apple cider scent, very pleasant!

I did a panel at a time, it's sunny and 50 degrees outside and had ZERO issues washing and/or drying each panel. By the time I got to the tires and wheels the rinse bucket water was dirty and after cleaning the tires and wheels it was BLACKWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I also decided to try the DIY Detail Ceramic Gloss and was pleasantly surprised by its easy of use, how a little went a long way and the nice Gloss left behind. This product too smelled amazingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So far I'm impressed by the 2 products I've used, after the What did you do today, in regards to detailing? vs. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 game I'll be washing the EN, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes PaulMys, chilly, dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So this new DIY Detail RW was burning a hole on my shelf and I got the chance to try it well over an hour ago.

I decided to use the 2BM and the Adam's red sponge for the wash media. Since I pre-treat everytime, especially this time as I used it on my g/f's Cruze, it was dirty...and BLACK to boot! I had 3.5 gallons of water and added 2 oz of product and stirred it around. It has an apple cider scent, very pleasant!

I did a panel at a time, it's sunny and 50 degrees outside and had ZERO issues washing and/or drying each panel. By the time I got to the tires and wheels the rinse bucket water was dirty and after cleaning the tires and wheels it was BLACKWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I also decided to try the DIY Detail Ceramic Gloss and was pleasantly surprised by its easy of use, how a little went a long way and the nice Gloss left behind. This product too smelled amazingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So far I'm impressed by the 2 products I've used, after the What did you do today, in regards to detailing? vs. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 game I'll be washing the EN, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So all that complaining for nothing What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. Way to get into the new age of washing What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

11. Likes PaulMys, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vacuumed interior and cleaned/protected floor mats. Tried the WeatherTech cleaner on the right side of the driver's side mat and Tuf Shine tire cleaner on the left side.

Don't expect I'd buy the WeatherTech cleaner again. It didn't perform much different than the TufShine.

Blew them dry with the EGO so they were pretty dry after 10 min.

Then WeatherTech protectant

13. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, PaulMys, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    So all that complaining for nothing What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. Way to get into the new age of washing What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    I've been doing RW & WW since 2012, the year I joined AG.

I'll be showing a new buddy RW tomorrow on his g/f's Sorrento, I'm sure he'll be blown away with the concept as he too lives in an apartment with outdoor parking only.

15. Likes The Guz, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Vacuumed interior and cleaned/protected floor mats. Tried the WeatherTech cleaner on the right side of the driver's side mat and Tuf Shine tire cleaner on the left side.

Don't expect I'd buy the WeatherTech cleaner again. It didn't perform much different than the TufShine.

Blew them dry with the EGO so they were pretty dry after 10 min.

Then WeatherTech protectant
    Stuff is amazing, all I've ever used since it came outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Tried the DIY Detail RW on the EN, used their Ceramic Gloss as a drying aid, sooo easyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Used the 1BM and about 5 plush towels and 1 rando mf towel for the tires and wheelsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The Cruze is shown as well, just applied 303 Tire Balm to her Continental DWS06'sWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I officially give the first 2 DIY Detail products I've used a positive reviewWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

18. Likes Uncbrs, opie, chilly, MadMerc, SNP209 and 4 others liked this post
Page 941 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 4418418919319329339349359369379389399409419429439449459469479489499509519911041 ... LastLast