autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So after my 5 day vacation to the Tail of the Dragon trip (full write up/pics coming soonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) I cleaned up the EN once while on the trip and needless to say the EN was T R A S H E D but that's ok, it's kinda of a badge of honor if that makes any senseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So the first thing I did was run it through the touch-free wash this morning, to skim the surface. I used a mix of CG's Diablo/Bilt-Hamber Surfex on the tires & wheels and Adam's Bug Wash/Bilt-Hamber Surfex on the entire front end and wheelwells, also the windshield. I must say it came out pretty clean but a good hand wash was always going to happen.

After I got home and fog lifted I began the process to get the EN back to its usual clean self:

1. Bilt-Hamber Korrosol for the rims and Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner, all 4 brushes called into duty and boy did they get a work outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2. Bilt-Hamber Karrosol on the entire car except the roof, let dwell.

3. While the Korrosol was doing its thing I foamed down the EN with Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam, let dwell and rinsed off. The beading at this point was INCREDIBLE, the Gyeon Pure EVO is really doing its thing hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

4. Performed the 2BM using TWHS Ceramic Wash and some TWHS Slick and Slide. Finished off the Ceramic wash bottle and it was just what I needed for this washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Free flowing water to make drying easier and to flush things out and dried off with The GaunletWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Tires dressed 2x's with 303 Tire BalmWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Took all the mats out, vac'd out and wiped down the interior with TWHS Interior Detailer, a little dusty in there. I then cleaned all Alcantara with Colour Lock Alcantara cleaner and leather bits cleaned with Griot's Garage 3 in 1 leather spray. CG's Signature scent was finally sprayed inside and yes, the Weather Techs went in already, next week the temps drop QUICKLY. Because of that I'm hoping to get new winter shoes on the OEM rims...yes, a new look for the EN will happen next spring, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Btw I also washed my g/f's Cruze with the same pre-wash & 2 BM process and tire dressing, applied a "I survived the Tail of the Dragon" sticker as well as a pink Dragon shield stickerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Big Dave, MadMerc, DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I was the same, hate F1 but once liked most forms of motorsport. I also once took the weekend off for Bathurst. The top 10 shootout the single best moment of Australian motorsport of the year, which was sadly cancelled due to rain this year. I would sit in front of the TV for all day watching the race, the only day of the year I would do something like that.

Once Penske left and took the star driver with him, it all became one sided again and I lost interest. I watched the end of the race this year, the most I have watched of the sport all year.
    To be honest it got me a little dizzy in the end watching all the racing, was really nice wether here on Sunday i should of watched the last 1 hour only but will remember for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I definitely watch the start and finish, but I haven't got the attention span to watch the whole thing. Since we moved a couple of years ago, I have a garage to play in, with a TV, so I can be working on one of the cars while the race is on, today was the interior of the FJ, but also rotating the tyres again, at my last service they did some sort of a random shuffle putting them back on. It may seem OCD, but I know where each tyre should be, and what its tread wear is.

I can't watch F1 either.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    I find it hard too it's the sitting around that gets me! I understand the tyre issue i would do the same. I have a VW mirror to install this week i said if i come out of the garage with a smile it's gone good, IF i come out of the garage with steam coming out my ear's RUN

5. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, I washed my daily, and my moms cars, then polished and touched up a few spots on mine and then put some PNS on it.
    Then it promptly rained for a couple minutes though it wasn't in the forecast... :/ (man, that beading was cool mind you!!!)

Today I changed the oil, rotated the tires and cleaned them off the car, and then did a quick wash to get it shiny again, though there is rain forecast for tomorrow night :/
    ·Ď˘ĺrµ§·

7. Likes bill walsh, Big Dave, CleanIT, dgage, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinsless Washed the Rav4 with the UBS and BRS. The BRS is definitely softer but the UBS wasn’t rough by any means.

Will still run into dirt in encapsulated beads.

Gonna try drying with light towels next time to see if I pick any dirt.

Cleaned the interior with P&S and gave all leather a fresh coat of Gyeon LeatherCoat. Really like that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes DFB, dgage, CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I turned this

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_3990-jpg

into this

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_3998-jpg

2019 Harley Davidson Trike

Post Thanks / Like

what a change great job Lance

12. Thanks Lance Mark thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    what a change great job Lance
    after it's all done, I'll pop under one more time, wipe it down with a prep and at least seal it

this may be the only time that underneath gets this kind of attention, I want to send it off with a fighting chance at least

Post Thanks / Like

I actually saw one of these the other day in white

Damn nice looking cars…

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

I actually saw one of these the other day in white

Damn nice looking cars…
    We're getting a limited edition hatch variant here next year. Black or White only, I think.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, chilly, Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
Page 919 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 4198198699099109119129139149159169179189199209219229239249259269279289299691019 ... LastLast