autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    This is not mine and nor did i do anything to this truck. But i think it is a pretty truck lol, so couldnt not share it. Just one of a hand full of trucks that were used for some photoshoot thing that the owner of the cabover did last night. Took the pic of just the truck before they started.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Both of the trucks look incredible!

2. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    First time I ever used a dedicated tire cleaner. Gave Gyeon a shot. Worked very well in one pass. Like most Gyeon products they perform well, have nice bottles and are a bit pricey. Tires cleaned up very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the subject of tire/wheel cleaners, you owe it to yourself to try a bottle of TW HS Foaming wheel & tire prep. Gets the tires surgically clean ready for your choice of tire dressing.

Hybrid Solutions Hyper Foam Wheel Cleaner And Tire Prep
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Uncbrs, DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    On the subject of tire/wheel cleaners, you owe it to yourself to try a bottle of TW HS Foaming wheel & tire prep. Gets the tires surgically clean ready for your choice of tire dressing.

I will give this a try next. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I will give this a try next. Thank you.

Order a bottle of the 303 Tire & Rubber. Superior to other products I Have used (Griots RC, Foaming tire cleaner and TufShine).

Would love to hear how it compares to TW product.

Cleans well and only color changing rubber product I have used.

Also safe for all types of wheels so no worry about staining.

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I typically work on Sunday's; it allows me to get clear access to my commercial properties without having work around parked cars/customers/workers that weekday a presents.

This Sunday, my sister who lives two hours away paid me a visit for the first time in a few months. We had a late breakfast at a local Cafe for a catch-up over coffee and food. I sort of decided I would skip a few jobs afterwards so I could detail her car. I clean, she chats, I listen.

The car hadn't been washed for a long time, she doesn't have the time or the place to do it herself, and "finding someone to clean my car like you do is hard".

I didn't have the space in the garage at the time, so I started with a vacuum of the interior in the driveway to get that out of the way first.

Wheels, wheel arches and tires were cleaned with Brake Buster at 100%. The Polymetal Grey paint was matte in appearance due to the amount of road film was on the car, so I decided to use one of my higher pH soaps, today NV Snow+. I foamed the car from dry with the soap and left it to soak while I washed out my wheel bucket and tools. I then rinsed the car thoroughly, re-foamed with Snow+ and did the contact wash, using some TarX in a few spots. After another rinse, I applied Gyeon Wet Coat to the paint and wheels.

Moved into the garage, I would normally dry the car with my Big Boi but being a bit pressed for time, I just grabbed the EGO for connivence. I REALLY need that stubby nozzle. I then grabbed some OG Drying Aid over the paint and glass. Door jambs were wiped down with ONR, likewise the interior. Cleaned the glass inside and out with Invisible Glass before finishing up with some Koch PSS on the tires.

I'm glad I decided to cut short work and put family first for a change.

9. Likes MisterSnoop, Big Dave, Bosko, Tasmania, dgage and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post

It's an amazing product, they NAILED it with this and I now only buy the larger size!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes Jayfro, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2016 Chevy Tahoe...summit white.
    I did a full strip wash/iron remover/clay...also had some fresh tar on the rockers from recent road work.

Polished with Griots CC/orange pad....G9/G8...Hilda mini 2" polisher
    Fusso soft 99(original)...straight from Japan...going to check durability in the Northern Indiana Winter...
    CarPro PERL on trim and tires

I picked up his wives car to do today...also a neighbor wants a car done.....when is rains it pours...I guess....
    Not many pics....only did some artistic detail photos for fun..

13. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Bruno Soares, opie, MisterSnoop and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ran the EN through the touch-free wash earlier, after getting the tires rotated, came home and I've applied a coat of Gyeon Q2 Wax. I've keep the roof untouched, just the coating to serve as a true test bed to see how long the Gyeon Pure EVO can indeed lastWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm letting the Gyeon Q2 Wax "cure" for more than the 30 minute period too!

Also added a fresh coat of Feynlab Black Velvet Tire Coating to the stripped Michelins. The Coating will get quite a workout between road miles and hard driving here. I'll add a 2nd coat once I remove the Gyeon Q2 Wax What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys, Uncbrs, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After removing the Gyeon Q2 Wax (sat on the EN for about 1hr 30 mins, in the sun) I applied that 2nd coat of Feynlab Black Velvet Tire Coating, finished off the bottle infact. I then finished off my can of Sonax Rim Shield, applied VERY liberally to finish off the can.

Now it sits in the beautiful Oct 1st sun @65 degrees, waiting to go to C&C tomorrow (where it's not in the show this time around) but more importantly its been further protected for the 1500-2000 mile trip to "God's Country" aka SE Tennessee, foothills of the Smokey Mountains What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Likes chilly, opie, Big Dave, PaulMys, Jayfro and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ran the EN through the touch-free wash earlier, after getting the tires rotated, came home and I've applied a coat of Gyeon Q2 Wax.

Cuz of you i just had to look up 2q wax had no idea you could use that over a coating. Try not to top it lol and let us know how it works out

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

19. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 911 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 4118118619019029039049059069079089099109119129139149159169179189199209219611011 ... LastLast