autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    After this week’s thunderstorms, the company car needed some work, especially the wheels. LATA took care of the tires and Sonax wheel cleaner took care of the wheels. I do like the shiny look of Griots Black Shine tire dressing.
    The CQuartz DLux on the pillars is still holding up well.

I do like the shinier (almost too shiny) look of your tires than the barely dressed look of TWHSGATSSC. I’ll add another coat today to see if it shines up some but I may look for another dressing that is a little shinier.

2. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I do like the shinier (almost too shiny) look of your tires than the barely dressed look of TWHSGATSSC. I’ll add another coat today to see if it shines up some but I may look for another dressing that is a little shinier.
    This HAS to win the "Longest Acronym on AGO" award.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes opie, dgage, UncleDavy, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished the wheels and tyres on the FJ today. "Coated" the wheels with Fluid Film, no really, I'd noticed some surface rust appearing in the gap between the rim and centre section after they dried. So I sprayed some Fluid Film using the straw attachment into the gap on each wheel and left it for a while. With the warmth we've had today, it spread out maybe an inch from each gap, so I wiped the excess until it spread over the whole rim, came up nice and shiny, we'll see how long it lasts. Sprayed the tyres with 303 Aerospace Protectant, let it sit for a couple of hours, then wiped off the excess.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

6. Likes Tasmania, DFB, Bruno Soares, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After playing with it for a while now, if you want more shine out of the TW Acrylic tire shine/coating, just add more coats.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished up her 12 Ford Escape.

Basic interior.
    Basic wash.
    Engine cleaned and dressed with HD.
    Tires dressed with HD.
    Finished with BF Hydro seal spray and rinse sealant.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

10. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Full two-day detail as I’m on vacation this week.

Washed with HW, then Griot’s synthetic clay disc.

Polished with my G9 with LC Orange flat pads. Collinite 476S on the paint, McKee’s plastic trim restore on the trim, and Griot’s 3-in-1 on the wheels. DG 253 on the tires.

Interior got a 303 wipe down, all door seals got a Gummi Pfledge treatment, and the WeatherTech’s got scrubbed with HW, then a Griot’s Back Satin treatment.

I love how the Black Satin makes them look.

Beer time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the BEST vacation, well, next to going to the Tail of the Dragon in less than 40 daysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Kendall and I got the EN washed at my favorite touch-free wash this morning intending on going to FuelFed C&C this morning...INTENDEDWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? As we got closer to the show the sky opened up, sending us back homeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once we got home I noticed the EN looked great considering we drove in the rain, only dirt was on the black side skirts and windshield, even that didn't look too bad. I then decided to do a Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash, it's been a while...let's do thisWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started by using Gyeon Tire cleaner and Brake Buster, all 4 brushes called into action. It was very rewarding to see the BROWN coming off of the tires and wheel barrels, I've been neglecting this at the touch-free because I'm only spraying "something" on the tires and wheels. Let's move onto the carwashWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I added 4 oz of Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash into 3.5 gallons of water and grabbed the Adam's version of that BRS. I pre-treated each panel and when drying it just looked more "crisp", I'm thinking the touch-free wash is either not getting it COMPLETELY clean and/or the polish being applied is building up since I'm washing it "almost" everyday.

It was very enjoyable doing this and I've gotta get back at this, a contact wash needs to happen once a week. Winter time will have me doing a Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-foam pre-treating BEFORE that touch-free wash atleast once a week, that will take care of any build up AND help melt down that winter MUCKWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I also added a pic from C&C last week, my car wants to be an RS 3 when it grows upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes dgage, opie, Big Dave, DFB, PA DETAILER and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I started by using Gyeon Tire cleaner and Brake Buster, all 4 brushes called into action. It was very rewarding to see the BROWN coming off of the tires and wheel barrels, I've been neglecting this at the touch-free because I'm only spraying "something" on the tires and wheels. Let's move onto the carwashWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Sorry your plans were interrupted but glad you and your daughter spent some time together. Curious, what 4 wheel brushes are you using? I only use an Oxo Wheel Brush for wheel faces and just started using the Ez Detail Go brush for wheel wells. I don’t normally get the interior of the wheel and use the Oxo brush for lug nuts too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Sorry your plans were interrupted but glad you and your daughter spent some time together. Curious, what 4 wheel brushes are you using? I only use an Oxo Wheel Brush for wheel faces and just started using the Ez Detail Go brush for wheel wells. I don’t normally get the interior of the wheel and use the Oxo brush for lug nuts too.
    I don't know the names of all of them but here's a breakdown:

1. Speed Master for the barrels
    2. Mother's Tire and Wheel brush for the faces/spokes
    3. random short brissel brush for the tire sidewalls
    4. random small barrel brush for the lug and valve stem area

Yeah Kendall and I spent 3 hrs at Palatine Street Fest this afternoon. We literally walked 2 blocks to get there which is awesome. We shared a big pizza slice and drinks, stood in line for face painting, stood in line for ice cream, watched her play with other kids, climb trees, listen to some bands and on the way out she got to hear about and pet an actual DragonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, Jayfro, Big Dave, vaca22, DFB and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Asked myself a valid question when a unpredicted storm rolled in at work...didnt even make it 24hrs post wash...why even bother sometimes lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

19. Likes CleanIT, dgage, Big Dave, DFB, Klasse Act and 1 others liked this post
Page 899 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 399799849889890891892893894895896897898899900901902903904905906907908909949999 ... LastLast