autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Glad you liked Descale, it's earnt a place in my cabinet for similar reasons.

For those who are interested, the undiluted form of Descale measures at a pH of 3.72

How is it so effective with such a low pHWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    How is it so effective with such a low pHWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Being that its more acidic is my guess. Descale flat out works!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3. Likes DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maintenace wash on the ZR2. This time in the hot sun. Is what it is. Hit it right after I cut the grass. That TW acrylic tire shine/coating is amazing! Soap & water only on the tires. Looks like the day I applied it last weekend.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

5. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Helped my buddy out and did a paint correction to his 2012 Jeep, made a quick video featuring some Griots garage products

" A polished shine" - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Finally had a moment to wash the wife's car. Decided to use Dream Maker thanks to the most wonderfulest and dreamiest, Visitor!! It was easy to use and added some gloss on this hard to pop white Kia. Thank you Visitor!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8. Likes opie, SNP209, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Helped my buddy out and did a paint correction to his 2012 Jeep, made a quick video featuring some Griots garage products

Cool video bosko. You had me laughing when that first shot of the machine polisher came on and that beat of the music..hahaha

10. Thanks Bosko thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Cool video bosko. You had me laughing when that first shot of the machine polisher came on and that beat of the music..hahaha

Thanks
    When I shoot at 240 frames a second for slow motion, it picks up the pulse rate of those LED lights...cool effect really.....lol

12. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. Maybe my experience will encourage you to give it a shot!

For virtually all of last year, I either gave my car a full wash or did a waterless wash. I was careful with my waterless wash technique, but sometimes I just wanted to be done with it, and I felt like I may have been hacking up the paint. As you may or may not know, the chance for marring is greater (I believe) using a waterless method.

I know what my hood looked like after polishing it.

I know I used an Auto Zone MF sponge for contact washes (not the best). I know I did a LOT of contact washes.

I know I went through at least 2 bottles of Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash last year. All of this was before trying rinseless washing.

I've done 4 traditional soap and water washes this year. I've done at least 20 rinseless washes. So far as I can tell, I've seen no discernable difference in the condition of my paint since that first polish, and that to me is VERY surprising.

When I first started rinseless washing, I was extremely meticulous; I would presoak one panel, carefully wash it, then dry it. Then I would move onto the next panel.

By the time I was done, it took me just as long to do a rinseless as it did with soap and water. So what's the point?

As I started to notice that whatever I was doing seemed to be safe, I started getting a little bolder. I got the incredible idea (LOL!) to presoak the whole car, then wash it, then dry it. I haven't noticed any ill effects in doing this. So I'm a believer now.

A few thoughts...

1 - I use only distilled water for both the presoak and wash.
    2 - I believe rinseless works best on a polished and protected surface.
    3 - I never clean more than one panel without dunking it in the solution.
    4 - I use a light touch when drying with my towel.

If I were you, try it on just one panel and see what you think. Preasoak, or don't. Wring the sponge out to "just dripping" or keep it soaked. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you give it a try.

Side note - I don't know enough math to figure out how much water I saved this year by going rinseless. It has to be HUNDREDS of gallons. I start with 3 gallons in my bucket and use the same water until it falls below the level of the sponge. I usually get 3-4 washes before I change the water.
    What rinseless you liking and what wash media you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post

You should send it to Griots….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Increased cleaning ability is achieved by both alkaline leaning and acidic leaning products. In addition to the pH neutral Reset and alkaline Lift, Carpro released the acidic Descale as a different take on deep cleaning and ceramic coating rejuvenation. Descale is also said to help reduced or remove water spotting as well.

As a way of explaining the cleaning ability of differing pH levels, think about along the lines of wheel cleaners. A pH neutral soap would be like an iron removing wheel cleaner, say Sonax Full Effect. A soap like Lift would be akin to P&S Brake Buster. And Descale would be like an acidic wheel cleaner, Megs Wheel Brightener for example. All three wheel cleaners "clean" wheels but approach it from different angles. Same concept when looking at products like Descale, Reset and Lift.

A recent video by Sandro described his process using a spectrum of alkaline, neutral and acidic products to attack contamination prior to a paint correction. The car was pre-treated with a pH neutral iron remover before being left to dwell, then the alkaline Carpro Lift was applied over the top of the iron remover and left to further soak, helping to remove oils and existing protection. After a rinse, he then did a contact hand wash using Capro Descale to tackle mineral deposits. The follow up clay process was then much easier and therefore safer.

Well worth watching as it makes a lot of sense when it comes to thoroughly decontaminating a vehicle prior to polishing and coatings.

Rare 15yr Old Mercedes C55 AMG Detail I Restoring & Preserving a Classic! - YouTube

17. Thanks Big Dave, Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Bruno Soares, Uncbrs, dgage liked this post
Page 896 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 396796846886887888889890891892893894895896897898899900901902903904905906946996 ... LastLast