autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Looks good Klasse.

Passed a car like yours in the same color and it is a striking, somewhat futuristic car. Looked good. A little bit later I passed a Kia EV6 and it was pretty striking too.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I'd appreciate some input/thoughts/ideas on this from you guys! Also, how do you like the i30 badgeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Looks OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks DFB, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So my i30 badge came in from S. Korea yesterday and today was install day. I did a quick WW of the entire panel, then hand polished the area w/ Meg's UC and then used Gyeon Prep, it was literally "squeaky clean".

I think the badge looks great! I'll have the little bit of black added between the dot and base of the i this Sat, along with the red on the dot. I'm glad I opted for this i30 badge because there's another one with a round dot and let's be honest, there's nothing ROUND on this car body wiseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I'm not sure if the dot will just have the red on the surface or wrap all around it, I'll leave that up to the owner of the vinyl shop. The red on the N badge is inserted but this i30 badge isn't like that so we'll see. I'm also going to have a light smoke LaminX applied over the back up lights to tone it down a bit tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I wasn't sure I was going to be doing too many little tweaks to this car but the wheels started turning and I can atleast say this, as of now, mine is a one of a kind with these mods.

I've got an Alcantara shiftknob/boot coming, along with Alcantara armrest too, both from N Performance in S. Korea. Now there's an e-brake covered in Alcantara but it's for the VN, there's isn't one for the EN.. yet but I'm scared to swap it out anyways as this means the entire center console has to come out, not a big fan of that, the thought turns my stomach some. The shiftknob/boot literally pull off and the armrest lid can be removed and swapped over. I'm so desperate that I'd be willing to get a slip over hand brake cover, have it wrapped in Alcantara and stitched in powder blue rather than have to go through what it would take IF the VN e-brake would work.

I'd appreciate some input/thoughts/ideas on this from you guys! Also, how do you like the i30 badgeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The badge suites it very well, nicely done.

I also understand not wanting to rip into your brand new car, sometimes it best to leave certain things alone.

I remember doing that in my earlier years though, on my first car I swapped out the trim around the gear selector to match the woodgrain trim on the dashboard. This meant removing the center console to lift the old trim free and fitting the new one. Luckily, those Falcon's had a one-piece center console, the whole thing could be removed in one big slab of molded plastic.

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been raining every other day, so a little hard to keep the EN clean for too long but today I decided to get after it. I just did a simple Bilt-Hamber Touchless foam, dwell and rinse. This is accomplished using 3 oz of Bilt-Hamber in 32 oz of water in my Griot's Garage foam gun. Now I'll be honest, that PIR is probably pretty high because of the 3 oz of Touchless to 32 oz of water, whereas I'm adding about 4-5 oz of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam or Touchless to 1 gallon of water in my IK Foam Pro 12. While it was dwelling I used Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner on the tires & wheels, all 4 brushes used per usual. I then rinsed everything down and finished using free flowing water.

I dried the jams, tires and wheels and finally the car itself. I should note that I do a simple swipe of the bottom sections and I've got ZERO dirt on my fingers. Now yes, I've got several things sprayed on my car but it's NOT coated yet, so it's either the Bilt-Hamber products doing their thing during the pre-wash eliminating the need for a contact wash....OR that Xzilon product has some really good self-cleaning qualities...what do you guys thinkWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been raining every other day, so a little hard to keep the EN clean for too long but today I decided to get after it. I just did a simple Bilt-Hamber Touchless foam, dwell and rinse. This is accomplished using 3 oz of Bilt-Hamber in 32 oz of water in my Griot's Garage foam gun. Now I'll be honest, that PIR is probably pretty high because of the 3 oz of Touchless to 32 oz of water, whereas I'm adding about 4-5 oz of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam or Touchless to 1 gallon of water in my IK Foam Pro 12. While it was dwelling I used Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner on the tires & wheels, all 4 brushes used per usual. I then rinsed everything down and finished using free flowing water.

I dried the jams, tires and wheels and finally the car itself. I should note that I do a simple swipe of the bottom sections and I've got ZERO dirt on my fingers. Now yes, I've got several things sprayed on my car but it's NOT coated yet, so it's either the Bilt-Hamber products doing their thing during the pre-wash eliminating the need for a contact wash....OR that Xzilon product has some really good self-cleaning qualities...what do you guys thinkWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

If by Griots Foam gun you mean this:

Your PIR is way lower. If you use the solution straight out of the bottle yes, it would be higher.

Your solution though is mixing with water from the hose.

Most PIR calculations I’ve seen done from foam cannons the mix is 40-60% BH to water, so almost 50/50

If you use PH strips you can test the solution mixed in canister and then solution coming out of gun.

Those strips will also help you “eye” your mixture to make sure your getting the PH you want. A PH difference of 1-2 numbers (example ph12 vs 14) can be a big difference

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If by Griots Foam gun you mean this:

Your PIR is way lower. If you use the solution straight out of the bottle yes, it would be higher.

Your solution though is mixing with water from the hose.

Most PIR calculations I’ve seen done from foam cannons the mix is 40-60% BH to water, so almost 50/50

If you use PH strips you can test the solution mixed in canister and then solution coming out of gun.

Those strips will also help you “eye” your mixture to make sure your getting the PH you want. A PH difference of 1-2 numbers (example ph12 vs 14) can be a big difference

Yep, that's my foam gunWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I need to get those strips but I know this, this product is cleaning the EN very wellWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the generic version of that Griot's foam gun I use as a back up. Boy, do you have to refill it often. At least using it the way I do. You get much more mileage out of the Gilmour foam gun which is my gold standard.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to attempt my first "rinseless" wash today on the GLI. Rained on it a couple times and just dust from sitting in my dusty garage(that's a project for another long weekend), so I figured with the resent polish and wax she got this would be the time to try this. Watched dozens of videos online(that Yvan guy mostly) about the process. I feel confident enough to finally give it a whirl. Hopefully it works out ok because the time savings sounds appealing.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

15. Likes DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed a new scratch on the rear passenger door when I was parked in the sun yesterday. I don't know wether it was my ONR wash last weekend, or somebody getting too close in a carpark. Either way it needed to go.

Wiped it down with Carpro Eraser

Put some Scholl S30+ on a Yellow Black Diamond pad, on my Ryobi cordless RO

Wiped down with Carpro Eraser again

Reapplied 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating, twice

Then I decided to apply the 303 Coating to all the exterior glass. I read somewhere it's a good glass coating, so why not.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

17. Likes Tasmania, DFB, dgage, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I noticed a new scratch on the rear passenger door when I was parked in the sun yesterday. I don't know wether it was my ONR wash last weekend, or somebody getting too close in a carpark. Either way it needed to go.

Wiped it down with Carpro Eraser

Put some Scholl S30+ on a Yellow Black Diamond pad, on my Ryobi cordless RO

Wiped down with Carpro Eraser again

Reapplied 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating, twice

Then I decided to apply the 303 Coating to all the exterior glass. I read somewhere it's a good glass coating, so why not.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Now to add a supercharger check the one on YT from Harrop

19. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Big Dave liked this post
Page 864 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 364764814854855856857858859860861862863864865866867868869870871872873874914964 ... LastLast