autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Cleaned up the wife's finally. I still maintain the C2V3 is what is keeping it so well protected. For a spray seal, I think it was a great investment last Fall.

The Koch Chemie GSF + Green Star was great. It was probably enough to be my full wash but I went ahead with Gyeon Bathe because it was mixed and ready to go.

I topped it off with PolishAngel White Alabaster from their Carnuaba Arts line. I actually went around it twice due to a leaky glass cleaner bottle. Adding the reflection shots here (after a short drive even). This PA stuff has some sticker shock but no doubt it's great stuff.

To that point, I had purchased their Carnuaba Arts Gray Graphite for my previous car. Now that I've traded it and have a dark blue car, any reason I can't still use that on the blue? Anyone ever "fibbed" a bit with the Carnuaba Arts line? I'm guessing it won't matter much in my case...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Big Dave, CleanIT, Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Cleaned up the wife's finally. I still maintain the C2V3 is what is keeping it so well protected. For a spray seal, I think it was a great investment last Fall.

The Koch Chemie GSF + Green Star was great. It was probably enough to be my full wash but I went ahead with Gyeon Bathe because it was mixed and ready to go.

I topped it off with PolishAngel White Alabaster from their Carnuaba Arts line. I actually went around it twice due to a leaky glass cleaner bottle. Adding the reflection shots here (after a short drive even). This PA stuff has some sticker shock but no doubt it's great stuff.

To that point, I had purchased their Carnuaba Arts Gray Graphite for my previous car. Now that I've traded it and have a dark blue car, any reason I can't still use that on the blue? Anyone ever "fibbed" a bit with the Carnuaba Arts line? I'm guessing it won't matter much in my case...

How's Green StarWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    How's Green StarWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

My use is limited to today with it and I only added it to GSF. However, with the power washer it was leaving a nice clean surface (touchless) and had good looking beads right after. I actually think since my cars are mostly garaged with limited miles per week, this could be a good combo for me. I can bring out BH Touch-less for the heavier cleans and when I don't care if anything gets stripped (until I bother with a PIR test for BH).

I can see myself using Green Star inside and on some floor mats in the future so I'll have to report back. So far though, I'm liking Koch Chemie stuff (low online stock for Green Star right now though).

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've liked using Koch Chemie GsF so far, I see why people like itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes Uncbrs, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GSF and DP Brazilian Carnauba waxed the '16 Tuscon Sport.
    Wax was pretty good, think I put it on a bit thick. We'll see how it does with pollen and waterspotting!

Playing with chemical storage on the garage peg-board. Trying to get all my commonly used items within quick reach:

9. Likes Uncbrs, dgage, vaca22, Big Dave, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Washless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *waterless lol

Wish I could figure out how to get notifications when a post of mine is quoted...

Post Thanks / Like

My B pillars are surprisingly swirl-free. I bought the car used and never personally polished them, and they're in outstanding shape.

The trim that runs along the top of my roof however is trashed; faded and swirly. I'll tackle that today (technically!) by hand.

Also, question...

For the hard-to-reach places like just below the window trim, I need to do this by hand because the only other way is with a 1" pad and I don't have that kind of machinery.

For the roof I was going to polish that plastic with a MF towel. Should I do the same for those tight spots under the windows and arond the door handles?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    My B pillars are surprisingly swirl-free. I bought the car used and never personally polished them, and they're in outstanding shape.

The trim that runs along the top of my roof however is trashed; faded and swirly. I'll tackle that today (technically!) by hand.

Also, question...

For the hard-to-reach places like just below the window trim, I need to do this by hand because the only other way is with a 1" pad and I don't have that kind of machinery.

For the roof I was going to polish that plastic with a MF towel. Should I do the same for those tight spots under the windows and arond the door handles?
    Jim White from White Details on YT does a lot of finger polishing check his video's

13. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    How do you like Foaming Surface prep? I watched a video a while back and it doesn't seem to pre-clean all that well. But I suppose it's powerful enough to remove light pollen.

Car looks great!
    Two different products. Surface prep is an alkaline strip wash. Surface wash is a ph neutral snow foam. Works great for a ph neutral but won’t strip like an Alklaline product.

I feel BHAW is a better product.

Edit: saw this was addresssed

15. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    That's from their safety data sheet so that would be undiluted. I think it'll still be 12 something after you dilute it to their recommended dilution.
    You have to remember that not only are you diluting it in the reservoir but then it is diluted down a lot when applied through a foam cannon or gun.

Panel impact ratio could be 7.5….

Everyone forgets to factor in the dilution of applying with one of those tools.

Page 858 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 358758808848849850851852853854855856857858859860861862863864865866867868908958 ... LastLast