autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Can Coat. Regular not Evo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So today my buddy is coming over to help me with some furniture and to finally check out and drive the EN for the first time, so I decided to clean it up (yes, I ran it through the touch-free yesterday morning).

It had alot of pollen on it (as you can see in the 1st pic) so a good pre-wash is what was going to be happening here. For this I reached for Griot's Garage foaming surface prep, 3 oz and filled to the line, in my Griot's Garage foam gun. It laid down a thick, full, bubbly foam. I let it dwell and rinsed away. In the 2nd pic you can see the beading afterwards, not bad huhWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next were the rims, they haven't had a complete clean as the last 2 washes were at the touch-free and quarter wash, so no bucket and brushes and they needed it...I needed itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I used Brake Buster and went to town, lots of BROWN from the barrels, very satisfying! In the pic after the foaming and scrubbing is the rinse, look at the beading of the rims thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I next decided to apply some more gloss and protection, so out came the Griot's Garage Poly Gloss in its designated IK foamer. I basically used the entire contents to foam down everything, including the rims, why notWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?Look at the beading in the roof shotWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then dried the EN off with my large Griot's Garage PFM drying towel and designated tire and wheel mf towel. I finished up applying Griot's Garage Black Shine to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s', giving them a bit "more"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I can't wait for pollen season to be over as well as the new stairs and porches to be finished at our apartment, don't like being parked where I am and the general mess in our small parking lot. Pretty soon the parking lot will be re-sealed and new parking lines, so that will look pretty nice!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Uncbrs, dgage, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So today my buddy is coming over to help me with some furniture and to finally check out and drive the EN for the first time, so I decided to clean it up (yes, I ran it through the touch-free yesterday morning).

It had alot of pollen on it (as you can see in the 1st pic) so a good pre-wash is what was going to be happening here. For this I reached for Griot's Garage foaming surface prep, 3 oz and filled to the line, in my Griot's Garage foam gun. It laid down a thick, full, bubbly foam. I let it dwell and rinsed away. In the 2nd pic you can see the beading afterwards, not bad huhWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next were the rims, they haven't had a complete clean as the last 2 washes were at the touch-free and quarter wash, so no bucket and brushes and they needed it...I needed itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I used Brake Buster and went to town, lots of BROWN from the barrels, very satisfying! In the pic after the foaming and scrubbing is the rinse, look at the beading of the rims thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I next decided to apply some more gloss and protection, so out came the Griot's Garage Poly Gloss in its designated IK foamer. I basically used the entire contents to foam down everything, including the rims, why notWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?Look at the beading in the roof shotWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then dried the EN off with my large Griot's Garage PFM drying towel and designated tire and wheel mf towel. I finished up applying Griot's Garage Black Shine to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s', giving them a bit "more"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I can't wait for pollen season to be over as well as the new stairs and porches to be finished at our apartment, don't like being parked where I am and the general mess in our small parking lot. Pretty soon the parking lot will be re-sealed and new parking lines, so that will look pretty nice!

How do you like Foaming Surface prep? I watched a video a while back and it doesn't seem to pre-clean all that well. But I suppose it's powerful enough to remove light pollen.

Car looks great!

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    How do you like Foaming Surface prep? I watched a video a while back and it doesn't seem to pre-clean all that well. But I suppose it's powerful enough to remove light pollen.

Car looks great!
    It did do a great job for what I was looking for, that pollen is really something! IIRC it has a 7.5 pH, so more than a regular soap but nothing like Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-foam, 12 and 13 pH numbers there.

I think for what it is its a good enough product, don't know what the price of Griot's Garage foaming surface prep is by the gallon but I know this, once it's used up, 1 more wash I think, there's no going back to it as I've got a gallon of each Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam and they are, without a doubt, THEE best pre-wash soap you can buy by a mileWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thank you for the compliment on the EN alsoWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold on here...that's a different product, that's foaming surface wash, I used foaming surface PREP. The prep is said to be used to strip any old waxes or sealants, foaming surface wash is your regular pre-wash product. It probably would've done a good enough job for my pollen removal but I'm out of that product and since trying Bilt-Hamber pre-washes I don't need that anymore, besides, I've got Koch Chemie GsF and TWHS Slick and Slide for pre-washes too.

13. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold on here...that's a different product, that's foaming surface wash, I used foaming surface PREP. The prep is said to be used to strip any old waxes or sealants, foaming surface wash is your regular pre-wash product. It probably would've done a good enough job for my pollen removal but I'm out of that product and since trying Bilt-Hamber pre-washes I don't need that anymore, besides, I've got Koch Chemie GsF and TWHS Slick and Slide for pre-washes too.

Oh you are right, sorry about that. Whoops.

15. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It did do a great job for what I was looking for, that pollen is really something! IIRC it has a 7.5 pH, so more than a regular soap but nothing like Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-foam, 12 and 13 pH numbers there.

I think for what it is its a good enough product, don't know what the price of Griot's Garage foaming surface prep is by the gallon but I know this, once it's used up, 1 more wash I think, there's no going back to it as I've got a gallon of each Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam and they are, without a doubt, THEE best pre-wash soap you can buy by a mileWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thank you for the compliment on the EN alsoWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Griot's Foaming Surface Prep is pH 13.25, higher than Touchless, close to Auto-Foam. I'd guess diluted it will still be pH 12 or higher. Foaming Surface Wash is pH 6.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Griot's Foaming Surface Prep is pH 13.25, higher than Touchless, close to Auto-Foam. I'd guess diluted it will still be pH 12 or higher. Foaming Surface Wash is pH 6.
    I stand corrected and I wonder at what ratio that 13.25 is achievedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Now I'm trying to figure out where I saw that 7.5 pH rating for Prep, maybe I just misremembered itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 855 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 355755805845846847848849850851852853854855856857858859860861862863864865905955 ... LastLast