autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I wasn't crazy about the Mitsubishi at first but I got used to it. It was comfortable and the storage in the back was adequate. The gas mileage was good (29 mpg average) but it lacked power. It was slow coming off of the line and it had trouble passing cars on the highway.
    Yeah it is too bad they discontinued the V6 option in that vehicle. The other thing that doesn't help is the fact that it has the CVT transmissionWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Just arrived @ Chicago Auto Pros for my window tint appointment, showed up early actually. It rained this morning and drove through some hard rain so I couldn't bring it here C L E A N What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Pics coming later, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

3. Likes dgage, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

The bad interactions people have with their neighbors I find baffling. You know the sort of thing............"he always mows the lawn too early".............."their tree drops leaves on my driveway".............."his fence is too short"............. For me, when I'm at home I have no interest in knowing what the neighbors are doing, where they are going or even talking to them let along having petty arguments about trivial matters. I'm not rude to them and I generally give a friendly wave, but beyond that I like to be left alone.
    Yup. Totally agree. I’m the same way.

I love being left alone when I’m doing something like detailing a vehicle. Sometimes even the feeling of nosey neighbors who have nothing better to do than stare creates a situation I’d rather not be in. [most of the neighbors are cool, but there’s always that 1 or 2 who you wish was busy elsewhere lol]

With 1 of my neighbors, they have the weird habit of starting their vehicle, then taking like 10min. or more to get everyone in and finally take off. Same thing when getting home, it’s like a 10min. or more deal and it’s not like there’s a sleeping baby in the backseat, they’ll just sit in the running SUV waiting on the last person to finally come out of the house. Lol.

I usually just set my things down and walk to the backyard and take a break and hope the coast is clear in about 10min. but sometimes they’re still waiting to leave. It’s crazy.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    My company car finally arrived after 7 months of waiting. I gave it the full treatment after the dealer did their half assed dealer prep. The products used were Griots 3 in 1, Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, Wolfgang Metal Sealant, 303 Protectant, Duragloss 253, Blackfire Fabric Protectant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They wouldn't spring for the ST?
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Not so much a *today* as a "this month" (Late Birthday or early Christmas pressies)

Had a minor splurge:
    McCulloch 1385
    SunJoe SPX 3001
    Griots G8 & G9 (bought the kit as it works out cheaper & comes with other stuff for less than buying the G8 & G9 separately)

& a bottle of ONR

Gonna buy the foam cannon from Horrible Fright & modify it, but they've been out of stock for a couple of weeks (despite the HF website stating it was in stock at both local stores)

Almost bought a cherry '83 GPz1100-A1 to use it all on....
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

8. Likes Uncbrs, MisterSnoop, SNP209, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gave my truck a bath before I take it to my sister for a month. May the force be with it while it's gone because I know she won't baby it like it do. Topped it with Tec582 to see what the fuss is about lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10. Likes SNP209, opie, Big Dave, dgage, Klasse Act and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So today I got the windows tinted in the EN at Chicago Auto Pros, they did a great job on this 35% ceramic tintWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?️Getting there I drove through rain and a massive downpour, so sadly I wasn't able to present the EN to a professional detail shop the way I wanted toWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? They did offer to wash it when it was done but the ground was still wet, so why waste the time/product/effort to only be ruined almost immediately.

It's supposed to be nice and low 80's tomorrow so I wanted the EN looking good with its new look, a look that only took me about 7 weeks to achieve, unlike the ES which took me 2.5 yrsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Anyways onto wash specs!

I started with 3 oz of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam and 1 gallon of distilled in my trusty IK Foam Pro 12. Now you'll have to trust me when I say the EN was trashed, very dirty but as you can see in pic #2 & #3 the dirt literally melted off! In pic #1 you can see this is runny product but it's made that way, it works!! Pic #4 is after rinsing it off, water beading was still good too.

Next up was the 2BM and for this I used Gyeon Restart, 2 oz to about 3 gallons, lots of suds and a hint of IronX smell, even after rinsing it off you could still smell it. After rinsing it, pic #5, the beading was a little better, it did "Restart" things for sureWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Instead of using Brake Buster to clean the tires and wheels I used the left over Gyeon Restart to do this and I've gotta say it did a GREAT job but then again my rims are coated with Meg's HCW and an old bottle of IGL spray sealant, seems to be working though so maybe not too bad, either one of them!

Next was to dry off the EN and for this I used Auto-Fanatic 007 Gloss Enhancer and my Sucker and Gauntlet towel to knock it out, great combo, like Batman and Robin...Johnny Depp and Amber Turd, wait scratch that last oneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? The Gloss was amazing but then again the surface was VERY clean with the 2 products I used, couldn't be happierWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I just dried the tires and they looked very natrual so the tire dressing I last used, 303 Tire Balm, combined with everything under it, is doing great, especially with what I drove through today. I vac'd out the interior and now I'm done, can't wait to fire up the EN tomorrow morning...tinted and cleanWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

So it rained overnight and the road didn't dry in time, so I got to work early and did a Feynlab WW w/5 TRC orange eagles. Wiped down the wheel faces and spokes w/ Feynlab WW and TWHS glass cleaner for all exterior glassWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Atleast the EN will be nice after work today, supposed to be low 80's What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes dgage, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I have the day off (kinda, doing admin stuff) because it is raining. Been working 70 hours weeks for a month so I will enjoy slowing down a little

Yesterday I did this Beautiful Porshe Taican 2020. Interior detail, 2 year nano-ceramic coating with 1 step of polishing (used Rupes 21 with orange pad and Meguiars 205), windows coating and tire coating.

12 hours of work, but it came out looking really nice. Client did not tell me paint was in terrible shape when I asked him over the phone, but since Porches have soft paint, I was able to remove 90% of the scratches, swirls and oxidation with the single step we had agreed on. The only difference is that I switched to Meguiars 205 on orange pad instead of doing CarPro Essence on Gloss pad like I had planned to do.

A lot of my clients have electric vehicles now, do you guys charge extra for having to clean 2 trunks? I have not started doing that but I am thinking about it. The front trunk takes less time to do than the back trunk, but it is an entire extra compartment...

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-posrshe-jpg

Daniel

15. Likes dgage, SWETM, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Next up was the 2BM and for this I used Gyeon Restart, 2 oz to about 3 gallons, lots of suds and a hint of IronX smell, even after rinsing it off you could still smell it. After rinsing it, pic #5, the beading was a little better, it did "Restart" things for sureWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    First off, car's looking awesome (as would be expected. ).

Second, I swear we're gonna need a new detailing acronym for you to use each time you do a status post, because every time you post something about beading or water behavior I'm scrolling up to try and see what the last thing you used was.

My vote is LPOKR: Last Product On Klasse's Ride.

Could go something like "After the FNW, the water beading was top notch (LPOKR: *Insert last LSP/Topper here*)."

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, derek0609, dgage, Jayfro liked this post
Page 844 of 1227 FirstFirst ... 344744794834835836837838839840841842843844845846847848849850851852853854894944 ... LastLast