autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Worked on a basic Chevy

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    The work...What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? The color...What did you do today, in regards to detailing?...The carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Washed 2 week's worth of road wash from the VW Amarok,

Wheels, brake buster
    Arch, agent orange
    BO, mega snow foam
    BO, nano wash through foam cannon
    Lazy wax
    = a happy Mother's day

3. Likes SWETM, Big Dave, DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My buddy Josh was out playing in the mud, cleaned up w/ Griot's Garage foaming surface prep and some Jay Leno's carwash soapWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania, DFB, SWETM, MikeII liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I installed a wraparound mirror on this behemoth

This is a mid-detail photo. Finished polishing, but trim and wheels were next.

I mainly used Dr Beasley’s NSP line, all four offerings. 150-95-45 and Z1.
    If you haven’t bought this product before, it’s not easy to work with. It does the job, but I’ll leave it at that.
    Final LSP was Polish Angel High Gloss.

Polishers used were FLEX XCE8 & PXE.
    Uro Fiber 50/50 pads
    CarPro gloss pad

A method that I improvised was to use the 50/50 pad on the XCE with 150 or 90 polish. Do half a panel, leave the polish on the surface…then apply a small amount of the 45 finishing polish on the CarPro gloss pad via the PXE polisher.
    I worked that down to a light haze, if not clear. Then lightly wiped with a damp microfiber rag, and buffed off with a clean dry one.

They say a little goes a long way, and you want to work it down till it’s clear. But I have also heard that with primer polishes, you don’t want to make too many passes (but that may be specific to CarPro Essence).

Post Thanks / Like

First off lots of cruizin' around this weekend, 225 miles in 2 days, great weather. About a 1/3 of it was freeway, rest city but not REAL city if you catch my drift. The EN is rated @ 20 city/30 hwy. Over the past 2 days the calculator mileage said 33.7 mpg, computer was about 1 mpg more optimisticWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? When I got gas yesterday I was on the freeway for quite a distance, about 25 miles before I got off and the computer showed 41.6 mpg, there's no way it's going to get that but I feel doing the speed limit w/ cruise on I should be able to get 35 mpg on the freewayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh yeah, while in What did you do today, in regards to detailing? today, I picked on a white STI on the freeway, 1st victim for the ENWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Anyways, back on point. This morning I cleaned all the interior vinyl bits with Feynlab RW mixed as a WW. I then applied a nice coat of 303 protectant and worked it in. Even though it leaves a natrual sheen and I worked it in, love that stuff. It will be maintained w/ a combo of TWHS Inside Job and Interior Detailer, love them bothWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After a nice ride out to St. Charles, hoping to see Jenny McCarthy walking around downtownWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?, I headed to top off the fuel tank and use the carwash I bought 28 days ago. Before going in I foamed down the wheel faces w/ Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner and went in. I dried the EN real good and headed home.

Summer is upon us this week, mid to upper 80's, nice spring we had...did we even have oneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Next wash is probably Wed, TW Slick N Slide is already loaded in the IK Foam Pro 12, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes Big Dave, dgage, DFB, Jayfro, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First rinseless wash of 2022 in the books. It was a relaxing experience, except for the part when I almost got laid out by a tree limb that fell.

Right in between me and my neighbor's Grand Cherokee. Amazing that nothing got wrecked, myself included.

10. Likes Big Dave, DFB, dgage, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I removed the new engine cover from the Ranger today with the idea of adding some lustre to the finish.

It was firstly cleaned down with some Eraser.

The intention was to apply some CarPro DLUX to it but I changed my mind at the 11th hour and chose Reload instead. You probably shouldn't use as much as I did here, was more for the photo's sake.

The finish left by Reload on matte plastics is a rich, dark sheen.

The cover itself has dulled some of the rattle from the engine making its way into the cabin.

The only car in need of a wash was the Ranger and with rain predicted for most of the week, I didn't feel the point in doing a proper wash so it was a rinse-less on this occasion.

After that I decided it was time to swap over bottles for N-914 and Last Touch. I had the Megs Last Touch set up in the larger 1 Lt bottle when I was using it quite a bit as a drying aid. I have moved on from Last Touch in that role and find you tend to use a lot more product when doing a pre-soak prior to a rinse-less wash. The swap was a natural choice.

12. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, JDGolden, dgage, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's been 2 1/2 days since the last wash, a great touch-free but it's med/high pollen season right now and even on my light colored car I could see the yellow! I had 4 oz of TWHS Slick N Slide and a gallon of distilled water in the IK Foam Pro 12 ready to go. Per usual I used the entire gallon mix and the Foam had a yellow tint to it, I'm glad I went over it twice and allowed it dwell while I got my hose ready.

I rinsed down the EN and the beading was CRAZYWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?️I then used Brake Buster on the rims and used 3 of 4 brushes this time around, left the tires alone as I knew they'd be swiped dry when I was done. While they were wet I sprayed them w/ an old bottle of Ecocoat Premier that I'm sure is past its prime but use it from time to time on my rims. I let it sit, 2 wheels at a time and rinsed away, still good beading there!

I dried the EN down, jams and tires & wheels and I'm leaving the tires be because they look "naturally good" still, I'll dress them again the night before C&C.

It's 88 degrees right now and it's time to hit the shower and then have a chicken Ceasar salad and R E L A X, I did work a 9.5 hr day and got after the EN as soon as I got homeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I removed the new engine cover from the Ranger today with the idea of adding some lustre to the finish.

It was firstly cleaned down with some Eraser.

The intention was to apply some CarPro DLUX to it but I changed my mind at the 11th hour and chose Reload instead. You probably shouldn't use as much as I did here, was more for the photo's sake.

The finish left by Reload on matte plastics is a rich, dark sheen.

The cover itself has dulled some of the rattle from the engine making its way into the cabin.

The only car in need of a wash was the Ranger and with rain predicted for most of the week, I didn't feel the point in doing a proper wash so it was a rinse-less on this occasion.

After that I decided it was time to swap over bottles for N-914 and Last Touch. I had the Megs Last Touch set up in the larger 1 Lt bottle when I was using it quite a bit as a drying aid. I have moved on from Last Touch in that role and find you tend to use a lot more product when doing a pre-soak prior to a rinse-less wash. The swap was a natural choice.

Try an IK or Marolex pump sprayer for pretreat. Works better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    I installed a wraparound mirror on this behemoth

I mainly used Dr Beasley’s NSP line, all four offerings. 150-95-45 and Z1.
    If you haven’t bought this product before, it’s not easy to work with. It does the job, but I’ll leave it at that.
    Final LSP was Polish Angel High Gloss.

Polishers used were FLEX XCE8 & PXE.
    Uro Fiber 50/50 pads
    CarPro gloss pad

A method that I improvised was to use the 50/50 pad on the XCE with 150 or 90 polish. Do half a panel, leave the polish on the surface…then apply a small amount of the 45 finishing polish on the CarPro gloss pad via the PXE polisher.
    I worked that down to a light haze, if not clear. Then lightly wiped with a damp microfiber rag, and buffed off with a clean dry one.

They say a little goes a long way, and you want to work it down till it’s clear. But I have also heard that with primer polishes, you don’t want to make too many passes (but that may be specific to CarPro Essence).
    [/IMG]
    If you have not done so, check out the video that Dr. B has on their youtube channel going over the surface primers. If you use too much then you will have a hard time with it. I literally use one drop on the pad. It is not like Essence or Q2 Primer.

Page 841 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 341741791831832833834835836837838839840841842843844845846847848849850851891941 ... LastLast