autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Paint Gloss was made for YOUR Stang DeyonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after a full day of drying I can report on my Colourlock Alcantera cleaner & waterproofing. The seat inserts not only look even better but feel better as well, makes me wonder about the Xzilon "stuff" that was already applied before I bought the EN.

I will keep the inserts vac'd and enjoy the Colourlock systems benfitsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

4. Likes Big Dave, oneheadlite, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I had a neighbor bail me up the other day and asked if I went anywhere during my time off. My answer was of course no, to which she was completely bemused. My explanation that I just wanted to stay at home and play with my toys didn't seem to be enough to convince her though. I remained polite but was seething inside. Once again I'm met with the expectation that we/I should do what everyone else does or wants. I DO NOT like traveling, it makes me anxious. I now have the wisdom to say to myself that if something makes me uncomfortable, then why do it just to please others. I just spent 16 days doing what makes ME happy, not what is expected to make others happy.

And with that, the anxiety has started to return about being back at work.
    Hey man, don't let her get under your skin. If the measure of your vacation is supposed to be based on the view of others, take solace in the fact that I'm 1000% jealous of your vacation time/activities, and results!

(And I know you're comfortable that your vacation was the right thing for you, I'm just jumping on the opportunity to say I'm jealous! )

6. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a neighbor bail me up the other day and asked if I went anywhere during my time off. My answer was of course no, to which she was completely bemused. My explanation that I just wanted to stay at home and play with my toys didn't seem to be enough to convince her though. I remained polite but was seething inside. Once again I'm met with the expectation that we/I should do what everyone else does or wants. I DO NOT like traveling, it makes me anxious. I now have the wisdom to say to myself that if something makes me uncomfortable, then why do it just to please others. I just spent 16 days doing what makes ME happy, not what is expected to make others happy.
    (
    I tried to put myself in her shoes for a second… Based on her negative and totally unnecessary waste of your time, I can only come to the conclusion that her so called “normal” and great way to spend that time off wasn’t as great as she’d wish it was or would like for you to somehow forcefully believe.

For example, this past NBA basketball season I got into it like never before, I attended more games than I ever would’ve thought prior to this year and I had an absolute blast + made some great new friends and experiences. And whenever I would speak about my experiences to friends or acquaintances, it would always result in a great conversation full of smiles to say the least…

The last thing I could imagine myself doing to anyone I know or even a casual basketball fan would be to somehow talk to them about how much they’re missing out by never making it out to watch a game live because watching on TV just isn’t the same and you’ll never understand until you experience it live the way we do at the games.

Never ever would the conversation somehow wind up like that at all. And if it did I’d have to imagine there’s gotta be some BS coming from somewhere because good times don’t come with underlying drama like that. That stupid neighbor should keep her negativity to herself. What in the world would she have have in common if that’s what she spent her time thinking to say to a neighbor when all we hope for out of neighbors is a respectful non intrusive relationship between each other.

The only thing that was unfortunate was that you didn’t have something you needed to do the moment she happened to show up. That’s usually the best way to shut someone up. You’re good.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee, seeing this kinda makes me glad I only talk to my neighbors every 3-4 months. They have no idea what goes on in my garage and I wouldn't be surprised if some negativity came from them if they did.

Im okay with traveling but it would be a tough choice for me between that and playing with my cars for sure.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

10. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Gee, seeing this kinda makes me glad I only talk to my neighbors every 3-4 months. They have no idea what goes on in my garage and I wouldn't be surprised if some negativity came from them if they did.

Im okay with traveling but it would be a tough choice for me between that and playing with my cars for sure.
    Whenever I travel I always bring detailing products with me to clean up!

12. Likes dgage, opie, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Whenever I travel I always bring detailing products with me to clean up!

I sometimes wish I had at least 2-3 towels and a bottle of waterless wash in the trunk when I’m in a situation with some time to kill.

But I’m a minimalist when it comes to stuff I carry in my car. I like it clean and mostly empty.

14. Likes Klasse Act, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My last day of freedom.

I wanted to have the Mustang and Ranger clean before I headed back to work tomorrow................I also just wanted to be doing something I love to distract me from the "where did two weeks go" thoughts circling my head.

Mustang first, loving that freshly waxed water behavior.

I used Paint Gloss as the drying aid today, that's all that was needed.

I normally use OG Tire Dressing on this car and have done ever since the new tires went on last year. However, I wanted to try something different. During the wash process, I stripped them back with Shine Supply Wise Guy in preparation for a coating of CarPro Perl.

I almost think these tires look at their best without anything on them.

Not sure if I like them with Perl yet, although I will say that I knocked them back a touch after I took these pics. Perl is best lathered on for the first application, requiring less slathering from then onwards. Perl is somewhat different to a lot of tire dressings in that it seems to permeate the rubber more than just sitting on the surface. After a few days, it looks even better as it cures/dries onto the rubber, loosing some of that shininess. For the record, I use Perl straight from the bottle, un-diluted.

After a trip to the green-waste tip last weekend, I wanted to clean the mud off the Ranger's tires. The paint was actually a candidate for a rinse-less wash but the tires and wheel arches were what needed more work and I prefer the pressure washer for that sort of thing. Like the Mustang, I perfumed the air with luscious GSF. Along with CarPro Eraser, the scent of GSF to me is the scent of detailing itself.

Using a Christmas gift card at large auto store the other day, a bottle of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Detailer caught my eye.

Wow! It took literally the first wipe to realize this is a VERY good product! I'm at that point now where I can tell straight away if I'm going to like and continue to use a product. And continue to buy it.

With the Mustang covered back up and the Ranger ready for work, I have a garage full of detailed cars. I had giving the Jaguar a wash on the to-do list but I just didn't get around to it, maybe next week? And owing to crappy weather, I didn't get a decent chance to take each car for an exercise either.

And with that, the anxiety has started to return about being back at work.
    That’s what it’s all about. She NEEDS those vacation to reset refresh…. We all need that.

For me though It’s not that I don’t like to travel but that no matter what I did, once I get back it’s in the past. I don’t think back on it, I don’t reminisce on pictures.

I then am mad/sad that I actually have to go back to work and my life isn’t one long vacation.

I prefer to spend that money on my cars which is my happy place. No vacations for 3 years was my choice when deciding on the wheels/suspension upgrade for my chevelle. Being able to drive it and having the way I want is my vacation.

Gonna take a week off to detail her once done….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Klasse Act, dgage, Big Dave, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Helped my son clean his seats and our first time really getting to use the Nacecare George extractor. Now I don’t know how much of this is from him or because we bought the car used almost 2 years ago. But he’s really happy it’s clean so I hope he takes care of it.

Used P&S Enzyme Cleaner, P&S Carpet Bomber, Chemical Guys Lightning Stain Cleaner (surprisingly good), and P&S Finisher.

18. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While my son was working on cleaning and extracting the interior, I cleaned up his engine bay. Sorry to make all of you guys with big engines jealous of how efficient this Prius engine and motor are. But hey, at least it looks good.

Used D101 as a primary cleaner. Had to use various cleaners on the orange rubber wire protector to get it fairly clean. Various APCs and degreasers, M39 rubber cleaner, etc before it finally came clean. Dressed everything with Duragloss 253 since I had the tire dressing brush handy.

Page 838 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 338738788828829830831832833834835836837838839840841842843844845846847848888938 ... LastLast