autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

1st wash of 2022 yesterday!

Zipped around fast as I had stuff to do early but man...new shades of white! Chrome blinged! Found a couple of chips that I'll be working on.

Sprayed the the thing down with Adam's Iron Remover and barely saw purple. I would have taken pics but they come out like trash for me.

CQUK3.0 still solid almost 2 years in.

2. Likes dgage, CleanIT, Big Dave, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after driving in our storm yesterday I decided to wash the EN this morning, it didn't look too bad actuallyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to try a new mix in the IK Foam Pro 12 for the pre-wash. I added 4 oz of P&S Pearl soap and 3 oz TWHS Ceramic carwash, added almost a gallon of distilled water and got after it. I have to say it wasn't impressive Foam to say the least but then again the TWHS ceramic wash has Gloss enhancers in it, so no biggie. I did use the entire contents and let it dwell since it was cool and overcast this morning. I rinsed it down and got ready to clean the tires & wheels, yes I usually do them firstWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the tires & wheels I used Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner and all my brushes. I did 2 tires & wheels at a time, let dwell and got to it. Upon scrubbing the barrels I noticed BROWN coming out of there. My smaller barrel brush is great for the shallow triangles on the wheel faces! I rinsed them down and now it was time for the carwashWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I wasn't even messing around here, 1 oz of Gyeon Bathe and 4 gallons of very warm water, lots of suds and that famous 7-UP smell! I used my Griot's Garage wash pad to effortlessly wash the EN. Upon rinsing I noticed the beading was especially good on the sides...more and boosted please, coming upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

To dry the EN, layer another coat of protection and gloss and to finish off another bottle of something, I reached for Adam's Guard and Gloss. I haven't used this product in a while but remembered liking it. I was pretty low on the bottle so I was able to do ALL top side surfaces, as well as the entire rearend. To finish things off I used TWHS Wet Wax...THEE most underrated product on the market today...IMOWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Both of these product make GREAT drying aids and give you legitimate protection AND gloss!! I used 1 plush mf towel to apply and wipe in and 1 Gauntlet towel to go around the entire car, even did the door jams and fuel filler insideWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next were the rims, added protection and here I used Meg's HCW @4:1. Sprayed down liberally, let dwell and rinsed away. The beading was already good, this just added to it. I dried down w/ designated mf towel.

To finish I vac'd my floormat and sprayed my new FAVORITE interior scent...3D's Wango Mango What did you do today, in regards to detailing? This stuff is amazing and NOT expensive either, I'll be trying their other scents in the future but this is the leader in the clubhouse What did you do today, in regards to detailing? After this I felt the tires were dry enough and applied a light coat of Hydrosilex Slick, pretty good product I haven't used in a while.

I channeled my inner DFB with some of my pics here too, enjoyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Uncbrs, Bosko, CleanIT, dgage, Jayfro and 7 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash with Reset, followed by Gyeon CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to do some seat/door panel inserts/steering wheel & shiftknob cleaning and coating this afternoon.

I'm going to do the cleaning portion first, walk to the grocery store, come back and then do the coating portion. The Guz nudged me to Colourlock for my micro suade needs and I already had Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield and liked it, so I'm using it, although Guz is very high on Colourlock...stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Likes Big Dave, DFB, dgage, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok...so the cleaning of the micro suade and leather surfaces are complete. I took all 3 headrests out and cleaned them seperately. Obviously with the EN being new I didn't have to go too crazy with a deep clean here. That said, if you've got micro suade and haven't cleaned it in a while, this stuff will work, you can see the cleaning even on something new! My Connolly leather cleaner is always up to the task, has never let me down!

So now I'm off for a nice walk to the grocery store while everything dries nicely, hopefully because it's still overcast and 50 degrees. It's supposed to get sunny in a bit, we'll seeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes Big Dave, CleanIT, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished up the waterproofing of the micro suade with the Colourlock and treating the leather with Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield.

So the Colourlock kit was very easy to use. The bottles that come with the kit are kinda small but I have 1/2 of the cleaner left and 1/4 bottle of the waterproofing. I'll redo the drivers seat come fall, as well as my daughters seat, even though I've got a black Terry cloth laid down under her booster seat. The 50ml bottle of Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield has about 1/3 of the bottle left, used quite a bit of it on the ES and those seats always looked good but I kept them cleaned and conditioned over the 3 yrs of ownership w/ various products, so the Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield never really got testedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Maybe next weekend I'll treat the vinyl bits with 303 protectant and then just maintain it with TWHS Interior Detailer and Inside Job, 2 great productsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now I'm waiting on a sweet potato to cook, which with be flanked by a little steak and Ceasar salad and Coca-ColaWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

11. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, DFB, dgage, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A little weekend coating project. Just a tease for now.

13. Likes DFB, Big Dave, SWETM, MikeII liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So after driving in our storm yesterday I decided to wash the EN this morning, it didn't look too bad actuallyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to try a new mix in the IK Foam Pro 12 for the pre-wash. I added 4 oz of P&S Pearl soap and 3 oz TWHS Ceramic carwash, added almost a gallon of distilled water and got after it. I have to say it wasn't impressive Foam to say the least but then again the TWHS ceramic wash has Gloss enhancers in it, so no biggie. I did use the entire contents and let it dwell since it was cool and overcast this morning. I rinsed it down and got ready to clean the tires & wheels, yes I usually do them firstWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the tires & wheels I used Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner and all my brushes. I did 2 tires & wheels at a time, let dwell and got to it. Upon scrubbing the barrels I noticed BROWN coming out of there. My smaller barrel brush is great for the shallow triangles on the wheel faces! I rinsed them down and now it was time for the carwashWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I wasn't even messing around here, 1 oz of Gyeon Bathe and 4 gallons of very warm water, lots of suds and that famous 7-UP smell! I used my Griot's Garage wash pad to effortlessly wash the EN. Upon rinsing I noticed the beading was especially good on the sides...more and boosted please, coming upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

To dry the EN, layer another coat of protection and gloss and to finish off another bottle of something, I reached for Adam's Guard and Gloss. I haven't used this product in a while but remembered liking it. I was pretty low on the bottle so I was able to do ALL top side surfaces, as well as the entire rearend. To finish things off I used TWHS Wet Wax...THEE most underrated product on the market today...IMOWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Both of these product make GREAT drying aids and give you legitimate protection AND gloss!! I used 1 plush mf towel to apply and wipe in and 1 Gauntlet towel to go around the entire car, even did the door jams and fuel filler insideWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next were the rims, added protection and here I used Meg's HCW @4:1. Sprayed down liberally, let dwell and rinsed away. The beading was already good, this just added to it. I dried down w/ designated mf towel.

To finish I vac'd my floormat and sprayed my new FAVORITE interior scent...3D's Wango Mango What did you do today, in regards to detailing? This stuff is amazing and NOT expensive either, I'll be trying their other scents in the future but this is the leader in the clubhouse What did you do today, in regards to detailing? After this I felt the tires were dry enough and applied a light coat of Hydrosilex Slick, pretty good product I haven't used in a while.

I channeled my inner DFB with some of my pics here too, enjoyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

How often do you use P&S Pearl? I got some to try but was pretty disappointed with it, in particular the poor foaming ability which I found far too watery.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I decided to do some seat/door panel inserts/steering wheel & shiftknob cleaning and coating this afternoon.

I'm going to do the cleaning portion first, walk to the grocery store, come back and then do the coating portion. The Guz nudged me to Colourlock for my micro suade needs and I already had Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield and liked it, so I'm using it, although Guz is very high on Colourlock...stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I used Colour Lock for the first time last week on my fathers Ranger, very solid performance.

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    A little weekend coating project. Just a tease for now.

Well it's green so I like itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    How often do you use P&S Pearl? I got some to try but was pretty disappointed with it, in particular the poor foaming ability which I found far too watery.

I used Colour Lock for the first time last week on my fathers Ranger, very solid performance.
    Using it in my IK Foam Pro 12 previously it was ok, not like other products for sure. The Bilt-Hamber products are made to be a little more runny but I'm sure that's not the case with P&S Pearl. As you know it's pretty inexpensive for the gallon, about the price of Bilt-Hamber, so I use it when the car isn't too dirty or better yet, when it's dustier and don't wanna do a RW.

I'm looking forward to the perf of Colourlock on my seat inserts and door panel sections. I keep my interior clean so I'm sure it'll be just fineWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

18. Likes DFB, SWETM liked this post
Page 836 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 336736786826827828829830831832833834835836837838839840841842843844845846886936 ... LastLast