autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Big day for the FJ -

Wheels and tyres cleaned with Wheely Clean, really didn't make much difference to the tyres

2B wash with Carpro Reset

Clayed with Carpro Fine Green using Dodo Juice Born Slippy, only did a small section of the roof, nothing seemed to be stuck up there, and there wasn't much anywhere else either, the pic shows everything that came off the hood and front guards. Everything it's been protected with seems to have worked, also being higher up maybe.

Polished with my cordless Ryobi using Scholl S30+ on a Shinemate Black diamond Red finishing pad. Didn't do the roof, it seems in good condition. Took about an hour to do the rest of the car, still had 2.5 bars on a 5Ah battery when I was done, I wasn't using any significant pressure though.

Wiped down with Carpro Eraser after that.

And rest, tomorrow I'll apply a coating, and treat all the black trim. Tonight it gets to stay in the garage.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    What's the go with the Viking hat in the second last pic?

2. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    What's the go with the Viking hat in the second last pic?
    Just seeing who's paying attention. Someone gave it to me years ago, he thought I looked like a Viking. Turns out he was right, my brother got us to do DNA tests for his family tree project, and I have Viking ancestry.

4. Likes DFB, Bosko, oneheadlite, opie, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Just seeing who's paying attention. Someone gave it to me years ago, he thought I looked like a Viking. Turns out he was right, my brother got us to do DNA tests for his family tree project, and I have Viking ancestry.

6. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had my custom tires installed on the Coach Door Continental and got ‘em all cleaned up.

Good choice or not?
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

8. Likes Big Dave, oneheadlite, dgage, Jayfro, SWETM and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Had my custom tires installed on the Coach Door Continental and got ‘em all cleaned up.

Good choice or not?
    Where do you go for custom tiresWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

Good choice or not?
    Car looks amazing, also much respect to the work that went into the garage walls, love the way it is decorated!!!

11. Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post
    Likes Uncbrs, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a Good Friday... yeah, I know I'll go to hell for that. Decided to take advantage of the nice weather since next week I'll be work traveling for the nicest weather stretch.

Used Koch GSF
    Angelwax Green
    Brake Buster
    Adam's Graphene Tire
    DP Hydro Wet - an AGO freebie
    Polish Angel Rapidwaxx

I'm finding that my basic waxes are degrading after using these pre-wash products (did so with BH too). Not a big deal as it let's me play with all the product sitting around from my winter purchases. Once I saw that I decided to go with that spray sealant for the heck of it. Worst case I'll knock it out with a future pre-wash or straight strip/spring clean-up.

Unfortunately the spray sealant job was done in the sun (impossible to avoid the sun here) so it was streak city. I ended up going back around with N914 to correct. The PA Rapidwaxx was super easy and I only errored a little one time spraying some on the garage floor. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I need to check it all out in daylight now but I like what I see for now.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

13. Likes chilly, Klasse Act, dgage, SWETM, Big Dave and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order today from AG. My bottle of TAC system power plus is 5 years old, last time I used it was June of 2019 on my ES. It's still very fluid and I don't see any crystals but I decided to go with some fresh and new on the EN. I also added 303 Touchless Sealant because I'm out and really like using it on my rims and wanted to try out this new Dr. Besley's product (gotta support another Chicago-based company) since I've never ever tried/used any of their products, so we'll see how it goesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes dgage, opie, SWETM, PaulMys, SNP209 and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    How’s you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It worked well. As expected, it's heavier due to the battery. ~2.5 lbs empty which is maybe twice the weight of an IK Foam Pro 2. I don't have that handy to check. It wasn't bad during use tho.

It doesn't have any adjustability for foam density so I guess you're stuck with what you get. I also don't see any availability of replacement felt discs.

It did the whole car without needing to be recharged. It still shows 3/3 bars for the battery. When I got down to ~1/3 full or less, it started to spit a little bit unless it was held vertically or tilted back a little. As long as you do the horizontal surfaces first, it should be ok. Probably not unique to this foamer.

Will probably use it as a sprayer for RW presoak next. I think it could be good for that.

Instructions are terrible. Remove foam nozzle and install foam nozzle? That's helpful.

17. Likes chilly, dgage, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Earlier this week cleaned up a pete.

Flex 14-2 rotary rupes twisted wool/ lc purple foamed wool pads and 3D aca500. Cuts fast so only 3-4 sections passes

Then 4 quick section passes with Flex supa beast lc force hybrid white pads and 3D aat505 correction glaze to clean up the rotary marks and left a nice shine and some protection behind.

Just giving a round of applause to 3D and wanted to spread the word to anyone who might be looking to up their paint correction work, and show what 3D products can do... The cutting/ finishing ability and easy of wipeoff is top notch. Prices are good too.

I have alot of products now from 3D. From compounds/polishes/glazes, to soaps and even paint sealants. I have been completely satisfied with every single product thus far.

Ive pretty much phased out all my menzerna abrasives to 3D.

I have since then replenished my aca500 compound supply with 3d aca510, and im sure will be even more satisfied once it gets put to use.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

19. Likes chilly, dgage, Big Dave, PaulMys, SNP209 and 1 others liked this post
Page 813 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 313713763803804805806807808809810811812813814815816817818819820821822823863913 ... LastLast