autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Ok, washed wish Turtle Wax Pure Slick&Slide in my foam cannon. Hyper wash in the bucket. Wheels cleaned with Diablo by CG. TURTLE WAX HYBRID FLEX Wax applied with GG6. Right side of bed has Flex Wax. Driver side from fender to bed has Flex Wax. Right side doors do not, the doors are bare. So, can anyone see a clear difference?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I can’t.

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

Post Thanks / Like

Taking the Mustang on a bit of a Sunday drive meant that I also got the bonus activity of detailing it afterwards.

The wheels as always let the side down, most of this crud is from the rust that forms on the rotors. I normally just wash the wheels with soap but today I felt I needed some more, there was not a lot of reaction from the wheels, which is a sign the ceramic coating is doing its job, the rotors though turned red instantly.

Contact wash with GSF.

Topped the wheels and dressed the rubber.

I have no idea how long I spent on the Mustang today, an indication of a good time had.

3. Likes dgage, Big Dave, Bdubbs, Klasse Act, Uncbrs and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Taking the Mustang on a bit of a Sunday drive meant that I also got the bonus activity of detailing it afterwards.

The wheels as always let the side down, most of this crud is from the rust that forms on the rotors. I normally just wash the wheels with soap but today I felt I needed some more, there was not a lot of reaction from the wheels, which is a sign the ceramic coating is doing its job, the rotors though turned red instantly.

Looks great! Interestingly enough, that's the same size rubber I'm looking to mount on my Accord. Stock they come in 235/40/19's and normally one can go up one size, but the Accord allows for a 2 size bump with perfect clearance all around and it makes for a VERY marked improvement in terms of ride. Thus, either later this year or next depending on the tread on my current set, I'll be going 255/40/19's. I'll account for a few MPH differences here and there but I can live with that.

Love my car but I'm 52, getting older and want a softer, quieter ride and the former is important to me. Handles great, but it's not a Mustang and I can live with a solid touring tire that is going to give me a better experience 95% of the time.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Working on some paint touch-up including a small area on the hood that required some wet-sanding.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-19977a57-fe1b-4759-bbb0-84d962591f87-jpg

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

7. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few recent jobs. Some newly coated and some just maintenance washes.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

9. Likes Uncbrs, DETAILROOKIE, dgage, SNP209, Big Dave and 7 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Ok, washed wish Turtle Wax Pure Slick&Slide in my foam cannon. Hyper wash in the bucket. Wheels cleaned with Diablo by CG. TURTLE WAX HYBRID FLEX Wax applied with GG6. Right side of bed has Flex Wax. Driver side from fender to bed has Flex Wax. Right side doors do not, the doors are bare. So, can anyone see a clear difference?

Sorry not in the pics…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    A few recent jobs. Some newly coated and some just maintenance washes.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Nice whips…. Sure the clients were happy as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Klasse on the new Hyundai! It looks amazing

Here comes an old Hyundai i30 TD SW Blue Edition LOL. My sister have had my car for a long time now and finally she's getting on her feets in life with hard work and patience. So I got here this black i30 from my best friend. I love him but I have offered him to be useing and helping him with my polishers. But he's from the painter side and then it's fine with a rotary LOL. It's not bad but there are a lot of holograms. His newer Fiat Freemont SUV that I will help him out with in the spring.

It's time for the summer wheels and take off the studded winter tires soon. I'm lasy so the work comes now instead LOL. But I got a tips to speed up the really bad wheels and especially the barrels of them. With your wheel cleaner or acid or high alkaline cleaner. Use a Magic Eraser sponge and it worked great and saved a lot of time and products to get these bad ones acceptable LOL. I have never gotten wheels like this bad or worse cleaned this fast and actually cleaner than I thought they would be. Now it's just to find something that desolve the paint that has come on them LOL.

We have had some sand from the Sahara Desert to travel up all the way to the northern EU from Africa. That in it self is crazy to think about. Have been warned by Forensic Detailing that even Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam would have problem with this. And he was right as you see in the shade of my new Samsung S22 Ultra mobile phone in the pic. The rinse bucket water have been a long time since the water was this dirty after a wash. Everything is in the prewash that's effective. It's almost every time very little dirt in the rinse bucket and clear water afterwards for me usually. The Angelwax Enigma Schampoo took care of it with ease though.

Applyied a domestic brand spray and rinse off ceramic product. Pingens Speed Coat it's called and I have used a lot of different products of these kind and love them for the ease of use. This one is a beast in being concentrated LOL. If you spray a little to much of the product on the panel or cover to much area. It's getting hazed in the finish that you see when you apply to much. But after drying it's pretty simple to buff off with a plush microfiber towel. The Gyeon Wet Coat that I have used the is way more forgiving in that matter.

I tagged my sister in a giveaway contest. It's from an online store that I have been buying Scholl and Polish Angel products for a long time now. They have been started to sell a new brand Ultracoat. I have tested the iron remover and the glass cleaner with repellent propeties in it with great success. The giveaway was their Ultracoat Carbon ceramic coating 12+ months durability. And I stated that I would apply it on my sisters i30 after a polish. We got lucky and won the giveaway. Or I got more work at least LOL. It will be fun to apply this coating and got som other goodies to try out as well. Around $150 worth of products I got.

Now I will drive to where we get our packages delivered to. Bilt Hamber Touch-less and Gyeon Tire and Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel wheel cleaner is some of the products in there. We have a bad weather here where it's been colder again and some snow even. But hope this is the last really cold weather for this year. And the sun is warming up during the day at least. For the march month we have been having a record set with the most sun hours of over 100 years. So we have had a bright month which where awesome to be doing some detailing in.

Will see if I can get the Sahara Desert dust off my Hyundai i40 this weekend if the weather allows it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Skickat frĺn min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony is back in full effectWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?️Studded snow tires...that's serious and surely needed there, illegal here.

That car came out great Tony and I watched Jon's video about that Sahara dust...WOW! Lot's of pre-washes in orderWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the responses. I see no observable difference either. Oh well.

Page 792 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 292692742782783784785786787788789790791792793794795796797798799800801802842892 ... LastLast