autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    /5696efdb4f0132d6cc8d31925eff6dd8.jpg[/IMG]
    Did you plan the glove/paint color? Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Did you plan the glove/paint color? Lol
    Of course. I always custom order gloves to match my paint

3. Likes chilly, dgage, opie, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    They brought me something I can really sink my teeth into. Lol.

Now that’s a Caddy.

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Exterior today.

Wheels/tires - tuf shine cleaner, Griot's HD wheel cleaner (was going to use Meg Non-acid but the sprayer on the old bottle of Griot's regular wheel cleaner wasnt spraying) and Griot's Surface Prep, then 303 Touchless Sealant on the wheels which I found for 75% off. Also checked the tread depth as I was going around. Got a new dial gauge for that.

Then RW on the car.
    Nice. Like that tire gauge.

7. Likes MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I did some interior work today. Took the floor mats out to clean them, vacuumed the floor and seats, cleaned the floor with ONR, they are plastic. Then did some work on the roof liner, used Bowden's Fabra Cadabra, it's not perfect, but I didn't want to spend all day on it. It's mainly staining around the sun visors, the side ones more than the front, and some marks left from a couple of rubbish runs. At least it smells nice now
    Great job on that headliner Big Dave! Huge improvement.

As an aside, when I was a kid, I was “Little David” because I was the youngest. My mom’s sister married a David. My mom had a brother David and then of course me. I became Big Dave of the family when I grew up. Though I’m only 6’ and 220 (now). Need to lose some pandemic weight though, yeah, pandemic weight.

9. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the ES was overdue for a wash, legit dirt so gets go!

Started out cleaning the tires with Gyeon Tire cleaner and rims got foamed with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, all 4 brushes called in to duty. Wheelwells sprayed down with Alien What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Kleen and scrubbed with the old Speed Master and everything rinsed away, lots of BROWN came out of thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next I pre-washed using the IK Foam Pro 12 using a gallon of leftover Bilt-Hamber Touchless already in there, enough to do the entire ES, including the wheelwells and tires/wheels again, why not. I let it dwell and rinsed away...what a pre-wash this isWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the 2BM I also had leftover TWHS Slip N Slide and a little spray from the hose produced more suds, this stuff is amazing, so much lubricityWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once I was done there I dried the ES off using the large DPC drying towel, a regular Griot's Garage PFM and my mini Master Blaster for the crevices, tires wheels and jams. It was now ready for something new, well...new to meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to try Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer and maybe I missed something but this stuff is S L I C KWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I also noticed addition "pop" as I really looked closely upon wipe off, WOW. Can we talk about their spray bottles, they rival Griot's Garage and that's saying somethingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?IMO this product rivals Beadmaker but is more expensive but I bet it lasts longer thoughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the tires I applied 2x's TWHS spray graphene tire dressing using that make-up applicator (once again thanks for the review GuzWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) It's so easy and the finish is so even AND your hands stay CLEANWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finally I took out the WeatherTechs, vac'd out the carpets, re-installed the carpets mats and liberally sprayed CG's Black Frost inside, even the trunk tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now I have a fresh ES and due to the all day rain yesterday I'd like to think the salt dust has been washed awayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes Uncbrs, MisterSnoop, dgage, msharpe785, DFB and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So the ES was overdue for a wash, legit dirt so gets go!

Started out cleaning the tires with Gyeon Tire cleaner and rims got foamed with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, all 4 brushes called in to duty. Wheelwells sprayed down with Alien What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Kleen and scrubbed with the old Speed Master and everything rinsed away, lots of BROWN came out of thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next I pre-washed using the IK Foam Pro 12 using a gallon of leftover Bilt-Hamber Touchless already in there, enough to do the entire ES, including the wheelwells and tires/wheels again, why not. I let it dwell and rinsed away...what a pre-wash this isWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the 2BM I also had leftover TWHS Slip N Slide and a little spray from the hose produced more suds, this stuff is amazing, so much lubricityWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once I was done there I dried the ES off using the large DPC drying towel, a regular Griot's Garage PFM and my mini Master Blaster for the crevices, tires wheels and jams. It was now ready for something new, well...new to meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to try Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer and maybe I missed something but this stuff is S L I C KWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I also noticed addition "pop" as I really looked closely upon wipe off, WOW. Can we talk about their spray bottles, they rival Griot's Garage and that's saying somethingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?IMO this product rivals Beadmaker but is more expensive but I bet it lasts longer thoughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the tires I applied 2x's TWHS spray graphene tire dressing using that make-up applicator (once again thanks for the review GuzWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) It's so easy and the finish is so even AND your hands stay CLEANWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finally I took out the WeatherTechs, vac'd out the carpets, re-installed the carpets mats and liberally sprayed CG's Black Frost inside, even the trunk tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now I have a fresh ES and due to the all day rain yesterday I'd like to think the salt dust has been washed awayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

What are your thoughts on Gyeon Tire Cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Holy $#!t that is a lot of real estate to cover AND its black to top it off!
    It’s actually a dark navy blue, but yea basically the same as black and it’s just a step above devastated as it sits. If there’s a diamond beneath this rough it’ll make for 1 hell of a restoration. I’m kind of excited.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Better wear a Hazmat suit when inside of that thingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I thought the same exact thing this morning as I opened up the back door to have a seat inside a limo for the 1st time in my life. Lol.

This is going to be a crazy interior detail… There’s a bunch of champagne glasses so I’ll be in the kitchen washing dishes for crying out loud.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Now that’s a Caddy.
    It’s actually a Lincoln.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.
    Ahh man I wish it was a Caddy.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, opie, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    What are your thoughts on Gyeon Tire Cleaner?
    I think it does a very good job! I didn't use a foaming tip sprayer, even though my tires were dirty, but when I scrubbed them with my short brissel brush I got alot of brown foam. I know you said you didn't like CarPro Retyre when using the non-foaming sprayer and I have yet to try it like that but I'll give it a try at some point like that.

Btw you got referenced on the podcast we did yesterdayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I think it does a very good job! I didn't use a foaming tip sprayer, even though my tires were dirty, but when I scrubbed them with my short brissel brush I got alot of brown foam. I know you said you didn't like CarPro Retyre when using the non-foaming sprayer and I have yet to try it like that but I'll give it a try at some point like that.

Btw you got referenced on the podcast we did yesterdayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I was less than impressed with Gyeon Tire Cleaner, just lacked bite in my opinion.

The CarPro Retyre certainly has potential, I just need a chance to try it out as CarPro intended (foaming tip).

When do you expect the episode to air?

Page 784 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 284684734774775776777778779780781782783784785786787788789790791792793794834884 ... LastLast