autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Might rain later so I did the interior - P&S Xpress, 303, and Griot's Leather 3in1. Quick spray and wipe down of the WeatherTechs with RW. Need to go back and clean the road salt off the gas pedal.
    That Griot's 3 in 1 leather is a really nice productWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?Love that interior colorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That Griot's 3 in 1 leather is a really nice productWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?Love that interior colorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Thanks. The 3in1 Leather should be even better now that they reformulated it to dry clear. The old formula (which I used today) can leave some white residue when it dries. Not too difficult to go back and clean up but better to not have to bother. Haven't tried the new formula yet but I did order a bottle with my last Griot's order.

Post Thanks / Like

Some paint correction after it was sanded and buffed...an 84 peterbilt today and tomorrow as well. Will post more pics when its complete and leaves tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

5. Likes Big Dave, dgage, chilly, SNP209, Eldorado2k and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh we need more pics! A custom peterbilt is on my list of lottery vehicles, not even kidding. I’ve never even ridden in a semi let alone driven one. That frame is something else!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

7. Likes dgage, Big Dave, opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Hello old friends and new. The swede is back LOL. I have been struggling with health issuese. But I'm on my way back to some kind of normal for me.

Bought a Hyundai i40 1.7L turbo diesel SW for little over a year ago. It where last washed and protected with Gyeon Wet Coat early december. With our harsh winter months here in the southern of Sweden. We have a lot of roadsalt and grime on the roads. But satisfied with the selvcleaning ability Gyeon Wet Coat has. It's the last weeks with dry weather and it started to fail on the lower parts and the rear end.

I have some new products to test and some old golden ones. In the foamcannon Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam, blue Kwazar pumpsprayer Bilt Hamber Surfex HD 1:20, black Kwazar pumpsprayer Pingens Degreaser Pro it's the cold degreaser we use here in Sweden like a tar remover based on petroleum, Turtle Wax Prewash-T cold degreaser, Valet Pro Citrus Tar Remover, a new iron remover Ultracoat Iron+ Gel, Bilt Hamber Korrosol iron remover, Gyeon Wet Coat for the lower sides and back, last the new Angelwax Atomic QED graphene quick detailer.

This is before the prewash with the BH Auto-Foam. Just to see how effective the Turtle Wax Prewash-T is. There where talked about it where not as effective as before. This product I have been using for over 20 years on and off. It's a lot more gel so it's clinging better and dwell time is longer. In lower temperature we let it dwell for over 10 minutes. The results I saw where you need to be shaking the bottle hard like a polish bottle. And when you have opened the bottle for the first time. You need to be useing it up in the coming 2 months. Or the gel gets so thick that nothing comes out of it. The Pingens Degreaser Pro is also gel but not that extreme and runs off slow and steady in a perfect way. This vs TW Prewash-T is that it can be used on a wet car. Which is a great benefit to have. The effectiveness gets a little lower but still does it's job well. TW Prewash-T gets milky and don't work with water at all.
    And this is a big problem in Sweden where we are aloud to have studded winter tires on december through march. So we get a lot of tar spots on the lower parts of the vehicals. And there is the place where we use the cold degreaser in mostly every wash we do during the winter months. It's also used on full blown ceramic coatings as well LOL

The same with iron particals we have a lot of. From brakes and the snowplows that wears down. Ultracoat Iron+ Gel I was looking forward to test this out. Bilt Hamber Korrosol is in the top of iron removers like Carpro IronX is. But Iron+ Gel is very thick and as you see the iron particals just light up and don't runs down. It's actually on par with the BH Korrosol and Carpro IronX. I tested after rinsed off with the pressure washed and applied Korrosol after. And nothing where changing colors so it desolved the iron particals that where there.

Now it where time for BH Auto-Foam and let it dwell for 5 minutes. Rinse off with the pressure washer thoroughly so the pressure cleans the paint. I rinse off from down and up so the dirt don't reattaches and runs off easier.
    7 microfiber washmitts/pads in the wash bucket with Carpro Reset and it's in there only 1 time and not again. A rinse bucket with a little of water and gritboard gritguard and rinse them out in after used. This is to inspect how effective the prewash where. And as usually it's not much dirt and particals left in the rinse bucket. This is the safest and most effective wash method for me.

Sprayed on Gyeon Wet Coat after the Reset where rinsed off. On the parts that where failed the most. Dried and blowed with the Ryobi Leafblower on 3000W 240V here in Sweden.

Now the new Angelwax Atomic QED graphene quick detailer. I have been using AW QED and AW Enigma QED before. And the AW Atomic QED did not disappoint. Primed a microfiber towel and refilled when it where needed. After a panel and parts of the bigger panel. You easly saw where you wiped on Atomic QED. And directly a second microfiber to buff off it. It where very easy to use. Easier than both QED and Enigma QED. Will be interesting to see how long it holds up. The other 2 have had good longevity for being QD. So we will see how this does it it's not being to long before the next wash LOL. The slickness it left behind it's the best I have ever had from a topper or or a light LSP. And I have tested quite many of them and high end like Polish Angel Master Sealant and High Gloss for an example. The gloss where on the darker deeper side than high sharp gloss. Which I prefer on darker paints.

The results.

Wish you all an awesome weekend!

TonyM

Skickat frĺn min SM-T736B via Tapatalk
    SWETM! Good to see you back. I too missed your post and enjoy hearing about products from your side of the world.

Glad to hear you are doing better and look forward to your future posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did some interior work today. Took the floor mats out to clean them, vacuumed the floor and seats, cleaned the floor with ONR, they are plastic. Then did some work on the roof liner, used Bowden's Fabra Cadabra, it's not perfect, but I didn't want to spend all day on it. It's mainly staining around the sun visors, the side ones more than the front, and some marks left from a couple of rubbish runs. At least it smells nice now

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

11. Likes Tasmania, SNP209, DFB, MisterSnoop, chilly and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They brought me something I can really sink my teeth into. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Holy $#!t that is a lot of real estate to cover AND its black to top it off!

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack, chilly, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Better wear a Hazmat suit when inside of that thingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

16. Likes chilly, Big Dave, DFB, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exterior today.

Wheels/tires - tuf shine cleaner, Griot's HD wheel cleaner (was going to use Meg Non-acid but the sprayer on the old bottle of Griot's regular wheel cleaner wasnt spraying) and Griot's Surface Prep, then 303 Touchless Sealant on the wheels which I found for 75% off. Also checked the tread depth as I was going around. Got a new dial gauge for that.

Then RW on the car.

18. Likes Bosko, opie, chilly, DFB, Coatingsarecrack and 1 others liked this post
Page 783 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 283683733773774775776777778779780781782783784785786787788789790791792793833883 ... LastLast