autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    yeah, 1.5 gal is 192 oz. 2% is a 32 oz container would be 2/3 oz but if that's the foam gun you connect to the hose, it would end up diluted down from the water from the hose. there's some videos (forensic detailing, etc) on calculating panel impact ratio for using a pressure washer. that would be similar.
    I tried watching that video and I just gapped out, i don't like math and yeah I know it's important. I'm sure I can't use the same formula from my IK Foam 9 for my Foam Gun so I'm thinking about trying 2 oz in the 32 oz and going from there and adjust accordingly. I've sent emails and comments on YouTube vids but no help except from you and Crack...Thank you both for your help so farWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post

It was above freezing today (barely), so I went to the local coin op to pressure rinse, then did a rinseless ONR wash (the irony). Followed up with a wipe down of Griot’s Speed Shine since I know that plays decently well in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regular or Ceramic Speed Shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    looks good....I almost tested out my new rig today but whimped out...to damp even though it was above freezing
    New rig?

Post Thanks / Like

Update… it just rained/sleeted … there was a 40% chance of snow with no inclement weather the rest of the week so I took the chance… did not pay off.

At least I still have 3.5 gallons of ONR mixed up and the high for tomorrow is above freezing (last time for the rest of the week). If the roads are dry by tomorrow afternoon I’ll do another rinseless wash.

Side note: there was AWESOME beading on the paint when I just went out to move the car into the garage. I gotta think that’s the Meg’s HCW I put on a couple months ago more so than the GG Speed Shine I just applied today, right?

Speedshine will bead but not crazily. The ceramic SS beads better but non of griots products are bead monsters. Yeah most likely the HCW or combo of both.

Post Thanks / Like

Speed Shine is definitely my favorite quick detailer that I’ve tried so far. I just didn’t think it had any protection in it, so that’s why I thought it would be the Meg’s HCW causing the water beading. But I suppose it would make sense if it was the SS, especially since it was just applied two hours before and the car wasn’t moved.

I’ve heard that the CSS doesn’t wipe/flash off as well.

The CSS just takes a little more buffing because it has GC3-1 in it. Still pretty easy to use but not regular speed shine easy.

Think i’m going back to regular QD’s w/o protection. I add enough LSP’s where I don’t need the extra.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh shoot, ya know what it was the Ceramic Window Cleaner that I heard that about

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I haven't used that glass cleaner and not sure when I will because I have a 500ML bottle of CarPro Clarity that has about 20% left, a fresh 1000ML bottle of Clarity and the TWHS Glass cleaner to use up first. Clarity isn't cheap and I'm trying to use that for the inside glass because of my tint. That said Griot's Garage has never let me down, I'm sure that glass cleaner isn't going to be the firstWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The glass cleaner is a decent and definitely cheap form of protection. I feel it’s a better than CSS on glass and it’s cheaper.

I look at it as an after wash glass cleaner and then it’s fine. Haven’t tried to clean dirty glass with it so well see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I tried watching that video and I just gapped out, i don't like math and yeah I know it's important. I'm sure I can't use the same formula from my IK Foam 9 for my Foam Gun so I'm thinking about trying 2 oz in the 32 oz and going from there and adjust accordingly. I've sent emails and comments on YouTube vids but no help except from you and Crack...Thank you both for your help so farWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So mixing 2oz to 32 is like 6% in the container. When you spray through it mixes with water.

Trying to figure out PIR is time consuming but with most electric PW and foam cannon the mix in the bottle works out to near 50/50 of water an AF in container of foam cannon. With a foam gun and a hose with higher GPM i would start out minimum 25% touchless or autofoam and 75% water.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Well, this just won't do!

The rest of the fleet has sat unused in the past week meaning the Ranger was the only one that needed attention, especially after a stormy stretch.

It was out with the Brake Buster for some wheel, tyre and wheel arch cleaning.

Wheels and arches topped up with Hydr02......

Cleaned and ready to dry, I love the black bezel of the base model Ranger lights, they look angry......

After a member on another forum had a little cheeky dig at a "smudge" on my detailing seat, I couldn't leave it like that!

I mean, he had a point, how could I let it get like that! Now I can sleep tonight!
    Ever thought of putting on some Mustang headlights, For the power ranger
    Very bright with the stang DRL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I decided to try out the Turtle Wax Wheel & Tire Cleaner I bought a couple of weeks ago. First pic before, second during, third is how the run off looked, last is after it dried. I am impressed with the amount of brown it removed, but it doesn't look any better after, the wheel definitely isn't as glossy. I've never chemically cleaned these tyres before, so they probably need a few more treatments. I had a store credit at an auto shop, so I bought some Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing to try out, but I'm hesitant to try it till I get rid of some more of the brown.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Hey Dave, the brown or blooming comes to the surface of the tyre as the UV hits it
    You can hit it untill the foam runs white. But generally a tyre thing that happens
    Try BO Agent orange

12. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Hey Dave, the brown or blooming comes to the surface of the tyre as the UV hits it
    You can hit it untill the foam runs white. But generally a tyre thing that happens
    Try BO Agent orange
    I was looking at the tyres today, they look a lot less brown now than they did on the weekend, and I haven't put anything on them. I'll have to get some of that Agent Orange to try out, I have quite a few of their products, and most are pretty good.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

14. Likes Tasmania liked this post
Page 725 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 225625675715716717718719720721722723724725726727728729730731732733734735775825 ... LastLast