autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The Mustang had not been washed in weeks now, sitting in the garage without it's cover over that time. It's also been doing the Christmas shopping run over that time as well. I know I know, I live an exciting existence!

Today was pretty hot and after my morning spend elsewhere, I decided to wash with the car mostly inside the garage to get some much needed shade.

Front caliper clearance on the Mustang has always been a problem when attempting to clean the entire wheel barrel. This is the smaller of the two EZ brushes and it will get behind 90% of the caliper, good enough for me.

Drying Aid of choice today was P&S Paint Gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The Mustang had not been washed in weeks now, sitting in the garage without it's cover over that time. It's also been doing the Christmas shopping run over that time as well. I know I know, I live an exciting existence!

Today was pretty hot and after my morning spend elsewhere, I decided to wash with the car mostly inside the garage to get some much needed shade.

Front caliper clearance on the Mustang has always been a problem when attempting to clean the entire wheel barrel. This is the smaller of the two EZ brushes and it will get behind 90% of the caliper, good enough for me.

Drying Aid of choice today was P&S Paint Gloss.

What size wheels? I could get behind there with the medium wheel woolies pretty well. Heard from another mustang owner that incredibrush flat works wonders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What size wheels? I could get behind there with the medium wheel woolies pretty well. Heard from another mustang owner that incredibrush flat works wonders

The wheels are 19 inch, which I do actually use the Incredibrush Flat on to get the majority of the wheel barrel.

The issue is the raised point in the center of the caliper has very little clearance for a brush or Wheel Wollie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The wheels are 19 inch, which I do actually use the Incredibrush Flat on to get the majority of the wheel barrel.

The issue is the raised point in the center of the caliper has very little clearance for a brush or Wheel Wollie.

He has the brembos too but has 20’s. That half inch of clearance probably makes the difference

5. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This past weekend I discovered that the new house has water hard enough to walk on.... Same cannon and shampoo as I have used at my folks(with super soft water) and my brother-in-laws truck shop(different city water) and I had no foam to speak of. Just slippery water I even busted out the un-opened bottle of Adam's Mega Foam(reviews looked promising) and still hardly anything with 2oz of product. Pressure washer is new, Greenworks Pro 2300psi with about 1.5GPM at the current supply pressure. It has to be the water here in Seven Hills, OH. The house has no filter or softener system of any kind. I am hoping to find a cheap short-term solution to aid in the coming winter washes, and hopefully invest in something more long-term in the spring. My wife sent me a link for an "RV and Marine" water softener filter that installs in-line with the supply water. I was thinking of trying that since it is only $40. The CR filter systems with the blue canisters I see advertised for detailing often run about $350-$450 depending on size of canisters....at that point I feel I should just pull the trigger on a full home setup so everything gets soft water. I informed my wife it would even free up refrigerator space as currently a Zero Water Filter container occupies about 1/3 of whatever shelf it sits on. Gotta let her know of the other benefits too besides making washing a car more efficient. Haha.

Anyone else have hard water problems? How did you get around it? Thanks.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

7. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    This past weekend I discovered that the new house has water hard enough to walk on.... Same cannon and shampoo as I have used at my folks(with super soft water) and my brother-in-laws truck shop(different city water) and I had no foam to speak of. Just slippery water I even busted out the un-opened bottle of Adam's Mega Foam(reviews looked promising) and still hardly anything with 2oz of product. Pressure washer is new, Greenworks Pro 2300psi with about 1.5GPM at the current supply pressure. It has to be the water here in Seven Hills, OH. The house has no filter or softener system of any kind. I am hoping to find a cheap short-term solution to aid in the coming winter washes, and hopefully invest in something more long-term in the spring. My wife sent me a link for an "RV and Marine" water softener filter that installs in-line with the supply water. I was thinking of trying that since it is only $40. The CR filter systems with the blue canisters I see advertised for detailing often run about $350-$450 depending on size of canisters....at that point I feel I should just pull the trigger on a full home setup so everything gets soft water. I informed my wife it would even free up refrigerator space as currently a Zero Water Filter container occupies about 1/3 of whatever shelf it sits on. Gotta let her know of the other benefits too besides making washing a car more efficient. Haha.

Anyone else have hard water problems? How did you get around it? Thanks.
    No hard water problems and a stupid question but easy fix. You adjusted the flow knob on the cannon?

As for the CR systems I think most use just to rinse. Not wash and foam cannon.

I think your right to just go for a full fledge softener.

Look up articles on how hard water dries out skin and bad for your hair. Maybe that would sway her.

9. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was finally able to have time away from work when there was a decent day as it was 67 here today. It was above 70 one day last week but I was too busy working to get out to the vehicles. Today I washed my car and I hope to wash my dad’s truck tomorrow. I borrowed it to put some new tires on it as a Christmas present for my dad as well as to haul some things to the shop.

I did a hybrid waterless/rinseless with Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. This was my first time using a new Microfiber Madness Incredipad along with a Detail Guardz Dirt Lock and Scrub Wall. I really like the Scrub Wall as it is solid and I’m sure scrubs the pad well but I’m not comfortable with how dirty my rinse bucket became. I also liked the Incredipad but I will go back to using multiple towels/pads to do a wash. I just feel more comfortable using multiple towels/pads instead of a single pad and a rinse bucket. Used McKees Glacier drying towels and used Glassparency Boost as a topper/drying aid. Used DG 253 with a flagged tip brush for a tire dressing.

11. Likes Big Dave, DFB, vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I was finally able to have time away from work when there was a decent day as it was 67 here today. It was above 70 one day last week but I was too busy working to get out to the vehicles. Today I washed my car and I hope to wash my dad’s truck tomorrow. I borrowed it to put some new tires on it as a Christmas present for my dad as well as to haul some things to the shop.

I did a hybrid waterless/rinseless with Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. This was my first time using a new Microfiber Madness Incredipad along with a Detail Guardz Dirt Lock and Scrub Wall. I really like the Scrub Wall as it is solid and I’m sure scrubs the pad well but I’m not comfortable with how dirty my rinse bucket became. I also liked the Incredipad but I will go back to using multiple towels/pads to do a wash. I just feel more comfortable using multiple towels/pads instead of a single pad and a rinse bucket. Used McKees Glacier drying towels and used Glassparency Boost as a topper/drying aid. Used DG 253 with a flagged tip brush for a tire dressing.

Still love that finish you chose on the AcuraWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Still love that finish you chose on the AcuraWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Thanks man. While I was detailing my car, I was thinking about my comparison to your detailing.
    Klasse Act - 5,132 details
    DGage - 51 details

I was also looking at my car last week when it was dirty thinking Klasse Act would never let his car get that bad.

15. Likes opie, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thanks man. While I was detailing my car, I was thinking about my comparison to your detailing.
    Klasse Act - 5,132 details
    DGage - 51 details

I was also looking at my car last week when it was dirty thinking Klasse Act would never let his car get that bad.
    Here's my previous car dirty and the ES dirty, it happens often during the winter...trust me but I'm honored I'm some type of a measuring stickWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

17. Likes dgage, DFB, vaca22 liked this post
Page 706 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 2066066566966976986997007017027037047057067077087097107117127137147157167568061206 ... LastLast