autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Routine wash/detail Saturday afternoon after the rain stopped. Not 5 min after i was done that wind and a brief rain shower moved in. Of course. Today just had to do a quick wipe down with TW HS detailer. Since the truck did not move. Sunny and 43 today. Should have waited till today. LOL CRAZY WEATHER.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Griot's Leather 3in1 on the front seats during halftime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    Soft textured rubber, they don’t get hard and wipe out easily, like I need to do in this pic apparently. The ends won’t curl like every WeatherTech I’ve owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I agree. I've been happy with TuxMat. Dog hair will especially clump nicely in the grooves. I don't even let dogs in my car but the hair gets there. For me the backseat cut was a bit tight but all seems to be OK once wedged in and snug.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

5. Likes derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Gathering EVERYTHING right now to get outside and do a wash! It's 39 right now but high today is 48 and it's What did you do today, in regards to detailing? out, LET'S GOWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    It was 48 today before I started. I had to take the hoodie off mid-wash as we hit 60 and What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. Crazy year in Colorado so far. Couple of days this coming week in the high 60s.

The wife's car got the treatment today. Went ahead and did the WG Si02 coating soap and C2V3. My first go with C2V3. I'll never be a durability tester but I can say it's super slick and shiny for now. It's actually getting tough to keep foam on the car since it has so much spray and seal still doing its job.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok...HERE WE G9What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Pulled out everything to do the wash today and it took a little longer but that's ok, it was a high of 48 and I'll take it for this time of the year, getting warmer over the next 3 days too!

I started out with the pre-wash in the IK Foam 9. I added 2 oz of CarPro Lyft (finished the bottle) and added 2 oz of Griot's Garage foaming surface prep as well, looking for "extra" clean here. I foamed the ES, including the tires/wheels/wells and let it dwell because of the coolish temps. I rinsed it down and got to the 2BM.

For the 2BM I used DG carwash soap, strong cherry scent and all. This soap did its usual very good job and the ES was finally clean after the rinse, next up was NEW PRODUCT timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For a drying aid I used the just released 303 graphene detailer. Now at this point the ES was already in the shade, so I was curious as to how this product was going to work. I'm pleased to report that it did a GREAT job. I used a designated towel for the windows and my DPC drying towel for the rest of the ES, even had a Griot's Garage PFM handy for final drying since it was cool and shady, didn't need it too much. The paint was very glossy and slick, I expected this product to be great and it didn't disappointWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was the tire and wheel cleaning. Now I usually do this first but I changed it up. I used 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner for Blizzaks and Brake Buster for rims. All 4 brushes used and it was so satisfying to see all that brown come out of the barrels! I dried the tires/wheels with my mini Master Blaster and got ready for the dressing. For this I grabbed a very old friend...TW Endura tire coatingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?There was talk of this product the other day so the seed was planted. I applied 1 coat and what you see in the pic is the result, I might go back and add a 2nd coat What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Being on a roll I then decided to freshen up the interior a bit. Did a quick vac using my battery powered Worx vac, then a spot cleaning of the drivers side WeatherTech floorliner using 303 Interior cleaner, sprayed some on my pedals too. Then I reached for the TW Interior Mist for the dash, door panels, steering wheel, seat backs, center console...EVERYTHINGWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?This product is so good, smells good, cleans good and the sprayer makes it fun to use too! Next up was the TW Leather Mist for the seats, steering wheel, shiftknob and door panel inserts.

Overall this wash was very therapeutic for me, wasn't sure when I was going to be able to be outside doing ALL that but I did and felt great. It's going to be so nice driving a clean and detailed car for the first part of the weekWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

If you made it this far I'd like to say thank for readingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Your car always looks great, and of course everyone here knows the amount of work that goes in to it.

I blasted the mud off my Jeep at the quarter wash. I used their foaming brush on the front and rear windshields and then tires only. I sprayed the brush off prior to use. No pics.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Your car always looks great, and of course everyone here knows the amount of work that goes in to it.

I blasted the mud off my Jeep at the quarter wash. I used their foaming brush on the front and rear windshields and then tires only. I sprayed the brush off prior to use. No pics.
    Don't tell him there are pine needles stuck to the tire......

12. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did go back and apply a 2nd coat of TW Endura tire coating and also sprayed Adam's In and Out spray in the wheelwells, grill and bumper accents...when it rains in poursWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ok...HERE WE G9What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Pulled out everything to do the wash today and it took a little longer but that's ok, it was a high of 48 and I'll take it for this time of the year, getting warmer over the next 3 days too!

I started out with the pre-wash in the IK Foam 9. I added 2 oz of CarPro Lyft (finished the bottle) and added 2 oz of Griot's Garage foaming surface prep as well, looking for "extra" clean here. I foamed the ES, including the tires/wheels/wells and let it dwell because of the coolish temps. I rinsed it down and got to the 2BM.

For the 2BM I used DG carwash soap, strong cherry scent and all. This soap did its usual very good job and the ES was finally clean after the rinse, next up was NEW PRODUCT timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For a drying aid I used the just released 303 graphene detailer. Now at this point the ES was already in the shade, so I was curious as to how this product was going to work. I'm pleased to report that it did a GREAT job. I used a designated towel for the windows and my DPC drying towel for the rest of the ES, even had a Griot's Garage PFM handy for final drying since it was cool and shady, didn't need it too much. The paint was very glossy and slick, I expected this product to be great and it didn't disappointWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was the tire and wheel cleaning. Now I usually do this first but I changed it up. I used 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner for Blizzaks and Brake Buster for rims. All 4 brushes used and it was so satisfying to see all that brown come out of the barrels! I dried the tires/wheels with my mini Master Blaster and got ready for the dressing. For this I grabbed a very old friend...TW Endura tire coatingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?There was talk of this product the other day so the seed was planted. I applied 1 coat and what you see in the pic is the result, I might go back and add a 2nd coat What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Being on a roll I then decided to freshen up the interior a bit. Did a quick vac using my battery powered Worx vac, then a spot cleaning of the drivers side WeatherTech floorliner using 303 Interior cleaner, sprayed some on my pedals too. Then I reached for the TW Interior Mist for the dash, door panels, steering wheel, seat backs, center console...EVERYTHINGWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?This product is so good, smells good, cleans good and the sprayer makes it fun to use too! Next up was the TW Leather Mist for the seats, steering wheel, shiftknob and door panel inserts.

Overall this wash was very therapeutic for me, wasn't sure when I was going to be able to be outside doing ALL that but I did and felt great. It's going to be so nice driving a clean and detailed car for the first part of the weekWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

If you made it this far I'd like to say thank for readingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Try the Eve’s husband Graphene spray coating on your WeatherTechs. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Dries perfect. Not slippery, not sticky. Looks damn good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Try the Eve’s husband Graphene spray coating on your WeatherTechs. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Dries perfect. Not slippery, not sticky. Looks damn good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll try that next time I do a full cleaning, even though I have the WeatherTech protectant but I bet the Adam's is even better, I also have 303 as well.

To quote Arnold..."thanks for the tip"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 704 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 2046046546946956966976986997007017027037047057067077087097107117127137147548041204 ... LastLast