autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Last cars & coffee is tomorrow and the place it's at is closing up shop while they move to another location. Did the tires with tuff shine, wheels with Griot's ceramic wash & coat, and the car with Uber RW/AMMO hydrate. Then setup the nest audio I got for the garage. Good sound, streams via wifi and was $60. Need to find a permanent spot for it.

2. Likes Bosko, Big Dave, Klasse Act, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a before/after on those wheels.

Chrome was polished with BriteMax Final Shine. Paint polished with Meguiars M210.

4. Likes PaulMys, Big Dave, fly07sti, Jayfro, DFB and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work on the H2. I’ve always liked those for some reason.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Here’s a before/after on those wheels.

Chrome was polished with BriteMax Final Shine. Paint polished with Meguiars M210.

Ric...your turning into a magician with these restosWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Drove to the shops this morning, got bird bombed, so got the QD out when I got home. Oops, made a clean spot. I know I should give it a full wash, but rain is coming, a few days of it, so that can wait.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211107_101640-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211107_101719-jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Great work on the H2. I’ve always liked those for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ric...your turning into a magician with these restosWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thanks fellas. And initially I thought I was going to have a hard time making a real difference to this thing because it showed up fairly clean. Once I wiped off the polish it popped quite nice.What did you do today, in regards to detailing? The paint benefited from a good cleaning.

12. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Not sure if I'm coating them because I might have them powder coated dark bronze...stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Absolutely…… do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Absolutely…… do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Besides it being inexpensive ($400) it will entirely change the look of the ES! I've had the same look for the 2019, 20 and 21 seasons, by this time I'm getting new rims but in a way, aren't I though What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The last detail for the Outback today, this is a governmental car so it's reached the km limit. The job for today was to clean it up for it's return to the fleet management.

I haven't touched the car in a few months now, although Covid restrictions have limited it's use. That said, it was definitely time for some attention.

The rubber instantly turned brown on application of Brake Buster at full strength. I don't bother diluting Brake Buster, if I'm reaching for a wheel cleaner, I want the maximum grunt! That browning is before agitation too.

I also needed to dissolve some bugs, using GTECHNIQ W8 today.

Finishing off the exterior, I decided to grab out a product that has been sitting for some time, Gyeon Q2 Tire. I tend to prefer the easier and cleaner application of water based dressings these days, so why not use it on a car that I wont see ever again.

With a golden retriever, as always the interior took plenty of time to get clean. Today I used some Koch Chemie FU Fresh Up to neutralize any lingering doggy odor. I also had to re-fit the steel cargo barrier.

The photo's make it look fantastic, but the car has more than it's fair share of dings, scrapes and scratches. I guess not everyone cares about that sort of thing, especially so when it's not your own car. I always loved the color of this car, in fact I persuaded the owner to choose it. It's replacement is a latest generation Forester, which I hope to maintain as well.

18. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, Tasmania, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Hey DFB, I use Megs synthetic spray wax because it's slick and can use in the sun
    How does this compare? Because by the gallon this P&S is cheaper and always looking
    to try something different.
    I have never used Megs Synthetic Spray wax, or any spray wax as a drying aid, so I can't comment on the comparison between it and the two P&S products.

In a way, Syn Wax is a different proposition to Paint Gloss and Dream Maker. The P&S duo don't offer anything in the way of added protection like a spray wax can. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

Dream Maker and Paint Gloss are simply quick detailer sprays. Paint Gloss is more versatile as it can offer some very mild cleaning and can be used as a clay lubricant. Paint Gloss is purely for added gloss. Between the two, I find Paint Gloss easier to use.

In a way, Meguiar's competitor product to the P&S items would be D155 Last Touch. I have used this for years as a drying aid, quick touch ups and as a clay lubricant. I found Paint Gloss to have a small edge over Last Touch so will most likely replace D155 as my quick detailer product.

In terms of price, yes, Paint Gloss is far cheaper than Synthetic Spray Wax in all bottle sizes. Currently Dream Maker is only available in a 473ml bottle, gallon sizes are coming, and is $8.00 more than Paint Gloss in the same size.

I guess you need to decide if you want the added protection of a spray wax, or simply just need lubrication during the drying process. My advice would be to buy Paint Gloss and Dream Maker in the 473ml sizes to see if they meet you expectations prior to ordering a gallon.

20. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, Tasmania liked this post
Page 682 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 1825826326726736746756766776786796806816826836846856866876886896906916927327821182 ... LastLast