autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    303 spray graphene is a very nice product, no special handshakes or cheat codes on how to use it, they even have a graphene detailer coming out soon (although it's at SEMA). I'm surprised they never sent me some for testing, guess I'm not the influencer I was before (didn't know I was one to begin with, LOL) That said, I'll surely be picking some up when it comes out, wish I could just stop right at their HQ as I drive by it on my route everydayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Mind me asking what company you work for? I drive for big brown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoClue View Post
    Mind me asking what company you work for? I drive for big brown.
    I work for a Freightliner dealership What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes NoClue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Qashqai went for a drive yesterday, got pooped on, plus little finger prints all over the back door, bird for the first, 5 year old nephew the second. I also noticed it picked up some water spots since the last wash, and they weren't coming off with any of the QDs I tried. So I got to try out some Carpro Reset for the first time. Cleaned the wheels with Bowden's Wheely Clean, then a 2B wash with Reset. Moved it quickly into the garage and dried with After Glow. Reset did the job, water spots are gone, I like it.

Decided I needed some wax therapy, so I gave it a coat of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet.
    I only did half the hood before taking the pics, I took one inside the garage as well as outside, for more even lighting. Can you tell which side is coated?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211103_142352-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211103_142501-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211103_142834-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211103_143105-jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

5. Likes chilly, Tasmania, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    The Qashqai went for a drive yesterday, got pooped on, plus little finger prints all over the back door, bird for the first, 5 year old nephew the second. I also noticed it picked up some water spots since the last wash, and they weren't coming off with any of the QDs I tried. So I got to try out some Carpro Reset for the first time. Cleaned the wheels with Bowden's Wheely Clean, then a 2B wash with Reset. Moved it quickly into the garage and dried with After Glow. Reset did the job, water spots are gone, I like it.

Decided I needed some wax therapy, so I gave it a coat of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet.
    I only did half the hood before taking the pics, I took one inside the garage as well as outside, for more even lighting. Can you tell which side is coated?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211103_142352-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211103_142501-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211103_142834-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211103_143105-jpg

Glad it wasn’t the opposite for the poop and fingerprints……What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Big Dave, chilly, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Glad it wasn’t the opposite for the poop and fingerprints……What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

With kids these days, anything is possible.

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing rinseless washes for the last...4, maybe 5 times? So it was time to actually wash wash the car. I felt as if the wheels really needed it, since I'm really not getting in there with the rinseless method.

Usually I feel very rushed when I clean the car, or I try to do it with a spring in my step. Yesterday was a different story though, I really did take my sweet time and it was really nice. I followed up a thorough wash with Ultimate Quik Wax. I like waxing to be its own separate step, on dry panels. I know you can use this stuff wet or dry, but I always prefer dry.

Hijacking Uncbrs and chilly's conversation, I enjoy using HCW and also apply it the way Sandro from Car Craft Auto Detail does - on dry bare paint. I feel as if his testing with this method of application was enough to convince me that it works, plus it goes along with my preference of waxing on dry panels.

I forgot the glass, that's on my to-do list today.

11. Likes Uncbrs, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I've been doing rinseless washes for the last...4, maybe 5 times? So it was time to actually wash wash the car. I felt as if the wheels really needed it, since I'm really not getting in there with the rinseless method.

Usually I feel very rushed when I clean the car, or I try to do it with a spring in my step. Yesterday was a different story though, I really did take my sweet time and it was really nice. I followed up a thorough wash with Ultimate Quik Wax. I like waxing to be its own separate step, on dry panels. I know you can use this stuff wet or dry, but I always prefer dry.

Hijacking Uncbrs and chilly's conversation, I enjoy using HCW and also apply it the way Sandro from Car Craft Auto Detail does - on dry bare paint. I feel as if his testing with this method of application was enough to convince me that it works, plus it goes along with my preference of waxing on dry panels.

I don't know if it's the specified method but I've done a dry application of HCW. It worked just fine as a spray wax essentially (like you did with QW)

For my needs I'm sure it's fine but I've been playing with many other products since I'm primarily garaged and working from home. Meguiar's just felt boring after finding AGO. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm finally getting over the double pneumonia I got nailed with almost two weeks ago and considering the current temps outside, it looks like it's time to bring all my detailing products into the house.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

15. Likes dgage, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post

I prefer applying wax and stuffs to a dry panel as well

I feel like I can check my coverage easier and see places I have missed

I don’t mind wet paint with drying aids but if we are talking about something like HCW or the equivalent I’ll take dry all day

I think that’s one reason I have never tried the spray on hose off method for HCW on the body paint

It just seems hit or miss to me unless you are willing to use half a bottle in one go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm a person who values some quiet solitude. With the house empty today save for me and the pup, I put my noise cancelling headphones on and blocked out the world. Three cars needed attention today.

After a late night bug squashing crusade, the Jag was first in line today. With a quality sealant on the paint, most of the bugs disappeared after the initial pressure rinse, the rest removed with CarPro Reset.

While I had a flirt with it on Sunday, this was the first real trial of P&S Paint Gloss, used as a Drying Aid on the Jag, Mustang and Ranger today.

I have been using Meguiar's Last Touch for a long time to fill me Quick Detailer needs, however I think I might prefer Paint Gloss better. I only bought a 473ml bottle to trail but I think I'll be ordering a gallon to replace Last Touch. Paint Gloss is marginally cheaper than Last Touch too.

Hey DFB, I use Megs synthetic spray wax because it's slick and can use in the sun
    How does this compare? Because by the gallon this P&S is cheaper and always looking
    to try something different.

Page 680 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 1805806306706716726736746756766776786796806816826836846856866876886896907307801180 ... LastLast