autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    I opened the hood on the '11 Camaro today*... & instantly regretted it. Then I remembered driving about 3 or 4 miles down a High Desert dirt road a couple of weeks ago

An hour of rags (yes, sacrificed a few more of the shop rag quality MF's), assorted squirty stuff, Horrible Fright 1 & 2in bristle brushes, shop vac with various doodads on the business end etc & I have it looking decent again. Even attached one of the small brush doodads intended for sucking PopTart remnants out of your keyboard to get the snarge out of nooks & crannies. Put some shiny stuff on the tires.
    It's all tickety boo now.
    I literally just had a PopTart....but this is the public PC at work so....

Post Thanks / Like

We are coming off the tail end of hurricane season

It’s been tough just getting a calm enough morning for a wash, much less any paint work

I finally got a few calm mornings and was able to knock out both passenger side doors

Strip wash and clay mitt but needed real clay down low

First time I’ve been disappointed in my Nanoskin fine mitt

It was just not enough

Washed and dried and cracks blown out

Taped the plastic trim and the edge of the fender I had done last

I did the edge work with my PC and 3” Rupes white with 3D One and the rest with my Rupes 15 with 5” Rupes white

Wiped down and then IPAd and then a coat of Megs HCW using the Apex method

Lousy lighting but it came out smooth and nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    We are coming off the tail end of hurricane season

It’s been tough just getting a calm enough morning for a wash, much less any paint work

I finally got a few calm mornings and was able to knock out both passenger side doors

Strip wash and clay mitt but needed real clay down low

First time I’ve been disappointed in my Nanoskin fine mitt

It was just not enough

Washed and dried and cracks blown out

Taped the plastic trim and the edge of the fender I had done last

I did the edge work with my PC and 3” Rupes white with 3D One and the rest with my Rupes 15 with 5” Rupes white

Wiped down and then IPAd and then a coat of Megs HCW using the Apex method

Lousy lighting but it came out smooth and nice

You like that Meg's HCW? My deep dive back into detailing started with that earlier this year and I used it maybe 2-3x before moving on to other stuff. I can't even guess what the durability would have been by now... gave it no chance once I found AGO!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    You like that Meg's HCW? My deep dive back into detailing started with that earlier this year and I used it maybe 2-3x before moving on to other stuff. I can't even guess what the durability would have been by now... gave it no chance once I found AGO!

It's ok for now

I like it on wheels for ease of use and ease of cleaning

It goes on paint easy enough with the Apex method

I still haven't tried the spray it on wet paint and hose it off method except for wheels and for that I have it diluted 3:1 with distilled water in a better sprayer

I think that was Roger's trick I picked up (correct me if it was someone else)

As far as looks it is so so and durability wise the car is garaged and rarely driven so washing dust off with a light maintenance wash hasn't begun to test it's limits

If I can get my garage sealed up and air conditioned I will try my hand at a real coating but until then sprays are where it's at

I am going to try Griots 3-1 soon and if it is as good as I have heard I will probably reserve the Megs for wheels and stuff

6. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's ok for now

I like it on wheels for ease of use and ease of cleaning

It goes on paint easy enough with the Apex method

I still haven't tried the spray it on wet paint and hose it off method except for wheels and for that I have it diluted 3:1 with distilled water in a better sprayer

I think that was Roger's trick I picked up (correct me if it was someone else)

As far as looks it is so so and durability wise the car is garaged and rarely driven so washing dust off with a light maintenance wash hasn't begun to test it's limits

If I can get my garage sealed up and air conditioned I will try my hand at a real coating but until then sprays are where it's at

I am going to try Griots 3-1 soon and if it is as good as I have heard I will probably reserve the Megs for wheels and stuff
    I have to admit that I do use it 3:1 on wheels from time to time but I heard a fellow member here from S. America did it that way, can't remember his name, but that's what I picked up on and ran with it.

The product was doomed from the start. First it had confusing directions, i.e. what you do first is posted last in the directions. Then the leaky bottles, many of them and as you know that can make a mess. Next is the "Apex method", not that Brian's method is wrong by any means but the consumers are given a product and have a figure out a way to use itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Meguiars is such a big company and always seem to throw sh!t against the wall to see what sticks...remember Paint ProtectWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes chilly, Uncbrs, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I have to admit that I do use it 3:1 on wheels from time to time but I heard a fellow member here from S. America did it that way, can't remember his name, but that's what I picked up on and ran with it.

The product was doomed from the start. First it had confusing directions, i.e. what you do first is posted last in the directions. Then the leaky bottles, many of them and as you know that can make a mess. Next is the "Apex method", not that Brian's method is wrong by any means but the consumers are given a product and have a figure out a way to use itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Meguiars is such a big company and always seem to throw sh!t against the wall to see what sticks...remember Paint ProtectWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yeah

Even their various how to videos tended to contradict each other or were absolutely backwards

Like tack on the instructions for the initial spray on wipe off at the end after saying all you have to do is spray it on and hose it off

I guess I should also consider 303 Graphene spray as well

You guys seem to like it

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah

Even their various how to videos tended to contradict each other or were absolutely backwards

Like tack on the initial spray on wipe off at the end after saying all you have to do is spray it on and hose it off

You guys seem to like it

303 spray graphene is a very nice product, no special handshakes or cheat codes on how to use it, they even have a graphene detailer coming out soon (although it's at SEMA). I'm surprised they never sent me some for testing, guess I'm not the influencer I was before (didn't know I was one to begin with, LOL) That said, I'll surely be picking some up when it comes out, wish I could just stop right at their HQ as I drive by it on my route everydayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah

Like tack on the instructions for the initial spray on wipe off at the end after saying all you have to do is spray it on and hose it off

You guys seem to like it

Interesting thought on the wheels. Maybe worth a try but my scenario is the same - garaged and driven minimally.

I used 303 Touchless on the wife's topped with a Graphene CS3 from Adam's and I was impressed with the end result. Same deal though for now - durability won't really be tested to any extreme level on her car either.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    303 spray graphene is a very nice product, no special handshakes or cheat codes on how to use it, they even have a graphene detailer coming out soon (although it's at SEMA). I'm surprised they never sent me some for testing, guess I'm not the influencer I was before (didn't know I was one to begin with, LOL) That said, I'll surely be picking some up when it comes out, wish I could just stop right at their HQ as I drive by it on my route everydayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

That’s one reason I’m considering 303

Wipe on wipe off

I lost my magic decoder ring so I need simple stuffs

I also get what you are saying about Meguiar’s

If you throw out enough products you are bound to get some of them right

I just hate being the Guinea pig when they get it wrong

Megs has some excellent products

So does CG if you have the time, money, and inclination to wade through the garbage to find the cream

I just don’t need that aggravation at this point in my life

15. Likes NightDrive43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s one reason I’m considering 303

Wipe on wipe off

I lost my magic decoder ring so I need simple stuffs

I also get what you are saying about Meguiar’s

If you throw out enough products you are bound to get some of them right

I just hate being the Guinea pig when they get it wrong

Megs has some excellent products

So does CG if you have the time, money, and inclination to wade through the garbage to find the cream

I just don’t need that aggravation at this point in my life

I like CG's interior scents and that's about itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 679 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 1795796296696706716726736746756766776786796806816826836846856866876886897297791179 ... LastLast