autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 66 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566676869707172737475761161665661066 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It was in horrible condition before I laid hands on it. Just look at that claybar to get an idea.

It looks good now though. The owners friend said it didn’t even look like his truck. Lol.

Polished with Meguiars Ultimate Compound. [look at the steering wheel to get an idea of what the inside is like lol]

Hyper Dressing on the tires.

Solution Finish Grey Fusion on the trim.

I didn’t take any before shots because I honestly wasn’t expecting much to turn out from it. I should’ve taken some.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Well alright then. I stand corrected. Good job sir good job.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For anyone who cares, tonight I'll be cleaning my tires, wheels and wells, its been 2 weeks and the car is in need of a major carwash and its going to get it...over 2 days!

Tonight will be phase I, the tires, wells and wheels. For the wells its going to be Alien Kleen left to dwell and then a rinse. The tires will be getting scrubbed with the brand new Gyeon Tire Cleaner, looking forward to this product, BIG TIME! I know its just a tire cleaner but Gyeon has been killing it lately, hell, for the past year plus, so there you go. Last but certainly not least is a test people have been wanting me to do on a real dirty rim and rest assured....its dirty! The product being used is the Auto Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, diluted at its strongest recommended ratio of 12 ounces of wheel cleaner (poured out 12 ounces from a distilled gallon and added the wheel cleaner in, measured out 12 oz) I'm sure you could go higher but I'm taking the advice on the bottle. Now Pan the Organizer has already tested this and the results are readily available, this product sold out basically before it even reached his website, so here we go. This product is made to work without agitation unless its really, really bad but I've seen this product destroy brake dust without using a brush, TONIGHT will be another test....salt dust mixed with brake dust! My wheels are pretty protected with a variety of spray on, hose off sealants, as well as Sonax wheel shield but these wheels are crusty, like Crusty the Clown, LOL!

So I'll be taking before, during and after shots of the cleanings tonight, so if you care, look here around 9 p.m CST and see for yourself and BTW, this review is NOT sponsored, sorry, I couldn't resist
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    For anyone who cares, tonight I'll be cleaning my tires, wheels and wells, its been 2 weeks and the car is in need of a major carwash and its going to get it...over 2 days!

Tonight will be phase I, the tires, wells and wheels. For the wells its going to be Alien Kleen left to dwell and then a rinse. The tires will be getting scrubbed with the brand new Gyeon Tire Cleaner, looking forward to this product, BIG TIME! I know its just a tire cleaner but Gyeon has been killing it lately, hell, for the past year plus, so there you go. Last but certainly not least is a test people have been wanting me to do on a real dirty rim and rest assured....its dirty! The product being used is the Auto Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, diluted at its strongest recommended ratio of 12 ounces of wheel cleaner (poured out 12 ounces from a distilled gallon and added the wheel cleaner in, measured out 12 oz) I'm sure you could go higher but I'm taking the advice on the bottle. Now Pan the Organizer has already tested this and the results are readily available, this product sold out basically before it even reached his website, so here we go. This product is made to work without agitation unless its really, really bad but I've seen this product destroy brake dust without using a brush, TONIGHT will be another test....salt dust mixed with brake dust! My wheels are pretty protected with a variety of spray on, hose off sealants, as well as Sonax wheel shield but these wheels are crusty, like Crusty the Clown, LOL!

So I'll be taking before, during and after shots of the cleanings tonight, so if you care, look here around 9 p.m CST and see for yourself and BTW, this review is NOT sponsored, sorry, I couldn't resist
    I was just about to ask you for review on wheel cleaner. I was waiting for some real world reviews before I bought and now left out. I really don’t mind cleaning my wheels but their pretty open with minimal spokes. Will be awesome for intricate wheels if this works out as a touchless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Preview...front tire/wheel, overall and rear tire/wheel.

As far as the wheel cleaner goes somebody bought 1400 bottles, so I have no idea how many were made but I now wish I had bought 2 during the pre-sale. Now we can hope for that summer release of the next batchWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Preview...front tire/wheel, overall and rear tire/wheel.

As far as the wheel cleaner goes somebody bought 1400 bottles, so I have no idea how many were made but I now wish I had bought 2 during the pre-sale. Now we can hope for that summer release of the next batchWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

That’s gonna be a good demo. How hard was it to let your wheels get that dirty?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That’s gonna be a good demo. How hard was it to let your wheels get that dirty?

I didn't have a choice because of the polar vortex this week, I trust my base coating (TAC system power plus Sio2 paint coating) and "Brillant Maker' was applied 2x's 2 weeks ago, we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

It's about to go down!

Post Thanks / Like

Speechless!

From 1-5...what I started with, foamed with Auto Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, Gyeon tire cleaner sprayed on the tire and scrubbed while wheel was soaking (sprayed a light coat of additional AF foaming wheel cleaner), rinsed the wheel and then sprayed 303 Touchless Sealant and rinsed and finally dried (not shown).

Now phase I is done, massive carwash tomorrow, jams need it too, so I'm waiting till tomorrow and getting a good nights sleep. Before I go to bed I'm saying this right here, right now....BEST DETAILING PRODUCT I'VE EVER USED! I wish I could do a review of it here because it deserves it own thread, I fear it will get lost here, even if people quote and ask questions about it here. Just to reiterate, removed 12 ounces of distilled water and replaced with 12 oz of Auto Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, the strongest recommended amount per his directions. I touched the wheel after rinsing and there was NO dirt, no Speed Master brush used on the wheels, I did scrub the tires with a short brissel brush to work the Gyeon tire cleaner in, that stuff is NO joke either. Finished up with the 303 Touchless Sealant but having tested that product last January I knew it was awesome!

Tomorrow is the massive carwash, a list of what i decided to use will be included, time for bed.....Zzzzzz

10. Likes SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up the matts inside my sons new 2001 Jeep XJ. As I figured since the car was so very well cared for the drivers side floor mat is the only that released any dirt and it come to a 9/10 when cleaned. The rest are brand new in appearance. It's freaky to see an 18 year old vehicle original OEM mats look so nice.

Non detailing related I had a locksmith come out and cut two more sets of keys and he thought he had the right key fob but did not. He had Jeep codes AC, AF, and AG but mine is the AD Code. Said he would have it in next week and didn't charge me for the call today or the extra house keys he cut while here which was cool.

Tomorrow I plan on fully detailing the interior and hopefully if I have time, complete a full correction and coating of the front end (Hood, fenders and front bumper/clip) with Mothers CMX which is due in tomorrow. Curious as to how it will perform and hold up over the spring. My plans were to originally do it with Cquartz UK 3.0 and Gliss v2 but I'm really anxious to see how this new to market coating performs over time and this is a great vehicle to test it on. Worst case, I can quickly repolish and recoat it anytime as it will cared for by me

Here's a pick of my son as we ran to get him some Chipotle yesterday. The paint is in excellent condition. Just needs a good correction/polish to bring out the color which pics don't do justice for. No crows feet or pitting or any type of clear coat failure at all. All panels measured in a 4-5 mills too.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes Klasse Act, Oz_TCH, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the door skins off my FJ Cruiser, to add some sound deadener behind the speakers, and I noticed how dirty the windows were below the door skin level, so I cleaned that. Then I noticed how much dust was on the inside of the door skins, so I couldn't leave that as it was.

The sound deadener worked a treat too.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

14. Likes TTQ B4U, SWETM liked this post
Page 66 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566676869707172737475761161665661066 ... LastLast