autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    It's actually time to replace some of them. The loops get caught on the "K" in BuicK and there are some pulls on a few of the towels.
    I'm hip. The "4X4" badge on my tailgate loves to attack any towel that comes near it.

And PFM's are some of its favorite food.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    While wet I sprayed the Meg's HCW @3:1 on all 4 rims and let it sit till I sprayed off the soap from the 2BM.
    So you are diluting Meg's HCW 3:1 with water?

Specifically for wheels because I am assuming you already have a base coat of something?

I am intrigued...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    So you are diluting Meg's HCW 3:1 with water?

Specifically for wheels because I am assuming you already have a base coat of something?

I am intrigued...
    Yeah a member here on AG, from another country and I can't remember for the life me, posted about using this way. IIRC he too wasn't too impressed with this product (terrible directions) and found a use for it.

Anywho I have Sonax sprayed on there from months ago and just kept topping them up and since I have plenty of Meg's HCW to use, 3/4 of an undiluted bottle, I'm using it up for my rims. It does make cleaning them easier but then again I stay ontop of my carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Also I read that IGL Premier has a shelf life and since my bottle is plenty expired, according to a member, I've sprayed this product on the rims too. Both products I spray liberally, let sit for quite some time and then rinse off. I have to say my rims always look good, easy to clean and bead pretty well!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes chilly, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I got a pack of those as a bonus from Griots. Score! I actually like them better than the Eagle Edgeless. By the way, I have 6 PFMs.
    What do like better about them, curious What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah a member here on AG, from another country and I can't remember for the life me, posted about using this way. IIRC he too wasn't too impressed with this product (terrible directions) and found a use for it.

Anywho I have Sonax sprayed on there from months ago and just kept topping them up and since I have plenty of Meg's HCW to use, 3/4 of an undiluted bottle, I'm using it up for my rims. It does make cleaning them easier but then again I stay ontop of my carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Also I read that IGL Premier has a shelf life and since my bottle is plenty expired, according to a member, I've sprayed this product on the rims too. Both products I spray liberally, let sit for quite some time and then rinse off. I have to say my rims always look good, easy to clean and bead pretty well!!

I have full strength HCW on the rims of the Tacoma and the Lexus

I started with the Apex method of dry paint, barely misting an applicator with water, and a SMALL spray of HCW spread as far as it would go and buffed off

I have to say I liked it immediately

I have been using the spray on and pressure wash off method for topping off at maintenance washes but feel I am wasting 75% of the product out of the sprayer since it's so globby

I am going to try your method and see how it works

In the name of science and stuffs

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I have full strength HCW on the rims of the Tacoma and the Lexus

I started with the Apex method of dry paint, barely misting an applicator with water, and a SMALL spray of HCW spread as far as it would go and buffed off

I have to say I liked it immediately

I have been using the spray on and pressure wash off method for topping off at maintenance washes but feel I am wasting 75% of the product out of the sprayer since it's so globby

I am going to try your method and see how it works

In the name of science and stuffs

Thanks
    See your post is my problem with it, not you but others had to figure out how to use it...UNACCEPTABLE! Not only that but the sh!tty leaking bottlesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? The directions don't say you've gotta lay down the product first AND THEN it can be used as a spray on, hose off product but even then, it's just too thick and doesn't Mist, all over the boardWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Since this I've used/liked Adam's Guard and Gloss and recently Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax, which I'm on my 3rd bottle of right now! This is the most under the radar product out there, maybe Turtle Wax should hire a sky writer or something What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

See your post is my problem with it, not you but others had to figure out how to use it...UNACCEPTABLE! Not only that but the sh!tty leaking bottlesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? The directions don't say you've gotta lay down the product first AND THEN it can be used as a spray on, hose off product but even then, it's just too thick and doesn't Mist, all over the boardWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Since this I've used/liked Adam's Guard and Gloss and recently Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax, which I'm on my 3rd bottle of right now! This is the most under the radar product out there, maybe Turtle Wax should hire a sky writer or something What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yeah even Meg’s own videos failed to get the whole picture across and a couple of them flat contradicted each other

I know Waxmode has a method as well that’s a variation of the Apex and it’s probably pretty good as well but it’s totally off label, just like Apex

I hear you on the sprayer

Reminds me of 15 years ago and the new Optimum Hyper Polish

Spraying that stuff was soooo frustrating

More of it went into space than on the pad

I got to where I just sprayed the panel

I have some TW WetWax but I have a few sprays of some Optimum Spray Wax to finish before I break it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll LOVE Wet Wax, can't wait to hear your thoughts about itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll LOVE Wet Wax, can't wait to hear your thoughts about itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I will certainly keep you posted

It's the only TW product I have bought since I was a teenager (I'm 65)

I like the simplicity of their Hybrid Solutions product line and as stuff in my arsenal gets depleted I think I will pick up more of their products

Have a great rest of your weekend

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What do like better about them, curious What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

They seem to spread and remove the spray on wipe off products a lot better than the Eagle Edgeless. I always had an issue with the Griots 3 in 1 and the Ceramic Speed Shine leaving streaks behind. The Plush Edgeless seem to remove the product better without streaking.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 636 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 1365365866266276286296306316326336346356366376386396406416426436446456466867361136 ... LastLast