autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I had the inside of my engine cleaned this afternoon...oil/filter changed going into summer. I had Motul XS3100 5w40 synthetic and a Baldwin filter installedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Clayed my new WRX. Man, it's only got 82 miles on it and I can't believe the amount of crud that came off on the clay. I bought the Meguiars clay bar kit, which has a bottle of quick detailer and 2 bars of clay. I went through both bars and the entire bottle of detailer. It's a good reminder that no matter how new a car is, clay is usually required to remove all the contaminates.

Gave her a quick wash and tomorrow will be polish, glaze, and wax.

EDIT - It's actually the Mother's California Gold Clay bar kit. I really like the clay. It's soft and easy to work with. Must have Meguiar's on the mind.....

Mothers California Gold Clay Bar - Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System, detailing clay bar, 2 clay bars

EDIT 2 - The ad says it'll do 6 cars! No way. Maybe 6 matchbox cars. But a fairly dirty car will eat up most of the clay.
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

3. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lokerola View Post
    Clayed my new WRX. Man, it's only got 82 miles on it and I can't believe the amount of crud that came off on the clay. I bought the Meguiars clay bar kit, which has a bottle of quick detailer and 2 bars of clay. I went through both bars and the entire bottle of detailer. It's a good reminder that no matter how new a car is, clay is usually required to remove all the contaminates.

Gave her a quick wash and tomorrow will be polish, glaze, and wax.

EDIT - It's actually the Mother's California Gold Clay bar kit. I really like the clay. It's soft and easy to work with. Must have Meguiar's on the mind.....

Mothers California Gold Clay Bar - Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System, detailing clay bar, 2 clay bars

EDIT 2 - The ad says it'll do 6 cars! No way. Maybe 6 matchbox cars. But a fairly dirty car will eat up most of the clay.
    Your over using. I’ve clayed 3 cars with it and still have 3/4 a bar left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was replacing the 3 front wiper blades today, so I thought they should only go on clean glass. First cleaned with my own mix of glass cleaner, a dilution of window washer additive. I then used Autoglym Glass Polish, before coating with Rain-X. I couldn't leave the rest glass untouched, so I did that as well.

Last pic is of my new favourite glass cleaning cloth, 3 pack from Bunnings, our Home Depot, is $9. They are the marked as Stainless Steel / Glass cleaning cloths, and they are the most streak free cloths I've ever used, and super soft as well. I even keep one inside the car for cleaning my sunglasses. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210531_154738-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210531_154935-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210531_154602-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210531_154444-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

7. Likes dgage, DFB, Klasse Act, SNP209, lokerola liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How have I never noticed that FJ Cruisers have 3 front windshield wipers? That type of thing usually doesn’t get past me. Your glass looks great!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

9. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    How have I never noticed that FJ Cruisers have 3 front windshield wipers? That type of thing usually doesn’t get past me. Your glass looks great!
    I know and I thought the only other vehicle with 3 front wipers was the Jaguar E-type What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally hit the wife’s X3 yesterday, I haven’t washed it in about 3-4 weeks...it’s white so it hides dirt pretty well.

Hit the wheels and tires with Megs D143 with multiple brushes....tires were NASTY, brown started oozing even before I hit it with the brushes, topped the tires off with WETS afterwards.

Washed the car with DG901 since it was so dirty and dried with what I call the Bath Mat MF towel...super thick and heavy MF towel I purchased from AGO last year or so, I’m not a huge fan of it since it lints pretty bad...great having a white car!

Topped off the paint with DP Need for Speed since there’s not much left of the WGDGPS and I plan on correcting it in the next couple of weeks where I’ll lay down a coat or two of 303 Graphene...I think!

Also gave the Acura a quick rinseless wash using WG SiO2 RW...and laid down another coat of DoDo Juice Velvet, just because!

Tires and wheels were still clean from the wash earlier in the week, applied another coat of DP Tire Gel.

Looks to be another rain filled week, at least the last few days the weather has been great!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

13. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Yeah, I do have an obsession with keeping the glass clean. I can't stand dirty windows, even on the house. The windscreen was replaced about 2 years ago, the old one was badly pitted and scratched when I got it, so I bought a Ceriglass kit, that removed all the wiper scratching, but I couldn't get rid of the pitting. Driving into the sun was the worst. Replacing the windscreen in these has to be done in the workshop, it needs 2 guys to lift it up and over the hood, so you can't get a mobile replacement like most cars.

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I know and I thought the only other vehicle with 3 front wipers was the Jaguar E-type What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

There not all the same length either, the driver's wiper is 16 inches, the other 2 are 14. Notice the cowl vents mirror the wiper arm points, so it's easy to make both LHD and RHD, there are other benefits from this as well. Infront of the driver there is a small compartment on the dashboard for storing stuff, it's where the passenger airbag goes when it's LHD, I store a couple of glass cleaning cloths, a detailing brush, and my tyre gauge in there.

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrapped up the detail on my WRX:

- As noted a few posts back, I started with claying the paint.
    - Wolfgang swirl remover 3.0, single pass with a white pad using the OG Griots dual action polisher
    - Poorboys black hole glaze
    - Collinite 476, two coats
    - Gave the engine bay a wipe down, vacuumed and 303'd the interior.

Took a break to mow the lawn, take the dog to the dog park, go grocery shopping, and cook steaks. And completely forgot the tire dressing! Ah well, gives me an excuse to wash it again this week and put some tire dressing on it.

Wish I could remember how to get full size pics to show up!

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-wrx_detail-5-31-21-01-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-wrx_detail-5-31-21-02-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-wrx_detail-5-31-21-04-jpg
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

19. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 572 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 724725225625635645655665675685695705715725735745755765775785795805815826226721072 ... LastLast