autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After raining 9 out of 10 days I finally got to wash the car tonight, it was uugly...like little read hair stepchild!

I used DG901 with about 17+\- MF towels and 2 huge wash mitts (for the lower door panels), dried with the outstanding GG PFM.

Prior to the wash I hit the tires with Megs D143 and multiple brushes and mitts then I topped them off with DP Gloss Tire Gel (1 coat for now) after she was dry and pretty again!

There’s a 60% chance of rain on Saturday...I don’t care, she was an ugly duckling!

Cheers
    Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

2. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, dgage, DFB, MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up VERY well^^^^^^What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So after the rain yesterday evening and driving in it it was time for a good wash this eveningWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Started out with foaming Griot's tire cleaner and CG's Glossworkz for wheel cleaning in the IK Foamer. Scrubbed the tires real good as well as the rims. I also used that Glossworkz for my polished SS muffler/twin exhaust tips tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the pre-wash foam was leftover CarPro Lift in my IK Foam 9. I only used 1 ounce in here so I left comfortable using it again, plus the car was dirty (I guess) I let it dwell and rinsed away, time for the contact washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The 2BM had me using an O L D product...Gyeon Essence (thanks Ric) Now this stuff is solid, literallyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I squeezed 2 ounces out into my measuring glass, placed it into my wash bucket and foamed it up and got after it. The suds were good enough for the wash and I was done, time to dryWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For a drying aid I reached for another old friend...TW Ice spray wax! It worked great and after spraying on the panel I would just through the Sucker drying towel over the roof/hood/trunk and it sopped it up...dry! For the glass I used the Dry me a River drying towel (thanks Fly07STi) and same result...bone dry! Once finished it was time to try a NEW product on the tiresWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I bought a new product based on my experience of their Rinseless and it was Feynlab Black Velvet Tire Coating. This is their version that you DO NOT have to be certified to install (yes, they have one you have to be certified to installWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) This product reminded me of the old TW Endura Tire Coating. It was like black foamy water, I used gloves and a mf applicator to apply. The first application laid down nicely and after about 15 minutes I applied a 2nd coat. I watched a video and they said to apply a 2nd coat right away, oh wellWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished up using my little Worx battery powered vac on my carpeted mats and sprayed some CG's Signature scent. A fresh car awaits me tomorrow morning, the day starts off on the right footWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Big Dave, dgage, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Part mechanical maintenance, part detailing... Mounted & balanced a new tire on my spare rear wheel for my 2019 HD Ultra Limited.

Whenever the wheels are off the bike they get a thorough cleaning.

This time around that consisted of Iron X, some generic wheel cleaner I had laying around, and two coats of 303 Graphene Spray Coating.

The new tire was cleaned with Bleche-Wite, then wiped with lacquer thinner, and topped with two coats of Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic restorer.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210526_135642resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210526_193409resized-jpg

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished detailing this 28’ boat last night.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    2nd boat in 2 weeks. Getting them ready for Memorial Day Weekend.
    I used Meguiars #67 One Step Compound followed by Meguiars Flagship Marine Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

No engine pics, Ric??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    No engine pics, Ric??
    Dude, I detailed that engine compartment for the 1st time and the owner was ecstatic! I’ve never seen him so hyped and I’ve done that boat several times now.

It finally makes sense. This whole time I figured having a polished super clean boat made you look cool… But he’s a diesel mechanic, so in his world being able to pop the “hood” and show off the 750+ HP engine is where he really gets his kicks. I did everything but use the metal polish, but he was absolutely geeked like I’ve never seen. He’s a longtime good friend so it really made my day to see him happy with the results.

….But if course I didn’t take any pictures of the the engine compartment. I don’t take pictures like I used to. I detailed a boat a week prior and this is one of the only 4 pics I took! Lol

All 4 pics are the same. Super boring. Glass Restorer before/afters and I didn’t even take the afters. Things are kind of weird and I can’t really explain why. Lol

Suddenly I hate taking pics? I dunno.

11. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic coated and fitted my new wheels today.

I also took the opportunity to clean and then coat the calipers while I had the wheels off.

I'm really pleased with how the calipers turned out, the coating has really lifted their appearance, especially good now they can been seen!

Before tire dressing -

These wheels represent nearly 6 months of thought and action. And I’m grateful for not only the results, but the learning process along the way as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Spent a couple hours before work this morning to shine up the Boss's race car before he takes it out this weekend. He had to change numbers for this event, so I took advantage of the open real estate.

Super speed round, so it really only counts as a mechanical paint cleaning. The car has been a race car for a while now, and on top of that it was wrapped when we got it. This is the first time I've had a chance to do anything deeper than just washing it.

- Waterless wash with Brilliant Shine Rinseless
    - Decon with Dr. Beasley's Total Decon
    - Hood got a once over with Fast Correcting Cream and a Microfiber pad
    - Whole car (minus the roof and front bumper) with Blackfire One Step
    - Roof, front bumper and windows with Optimum OptiSeal (Roof has black vinyl to seal the sunroof delete panel; front bumper paint pulled off when they stripped the wrap so I wasn't going to put any of my pads or nice towels near that)

He's super happy. There's still a ton of room for improvement (did I mention 2 hour paint cleaning?), but it's a race car and is bound to see terrible quality towels at the track, scuffs from getting loaded in the trailer, etc.

Wasn't gonna post a picture, but what's a WDYDTRD post without pics?

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the terrible pic, did my best for the time of day.

16. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, derek0609, DFB liked this post
Page 568 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 684685185585595605615625635645655665675685695705715725735745755765775786186681068 ... LastLast