autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm sure that HS Black Polish is geared more towards non-German cars (soft/med paint) so on a Honda with an orange pad it probably would do better. It seems to me that German paint is what seperates the boys from the men and you've gotta have the right polish/compound and mf padsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm sure that HS Black Polish is geared more towards non-German cars (soft/med paint) so on a Honda with an orange pad it probably would do better. It seems to me that German paint is what seperates the boys from the men and you've gotta have the right polish/compound and mf padsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yup!! He didn't ask for correction, so I figured I'd really surprise him since he gave me 3 cars and try out the HS, but ehh. It definitely added gloss and some depth, but not much as far as correction. If he asked for a correction, I would have definitely went more aggressive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Yup!! He didn't ask for correction, so I figured I'd really surprise him since he gave me 3 cars and try out the HS, but ehh. It definitely added gloss and some depth, but not much as far as correction. If he asked for a correction, I would have definitely went more aggressive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I don't blame you for giving it a shot and like you said, the customer was happy and didn't questions you means to exceed his expectations, a WIN WIN for everyone What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was yesterday actually but after walking back from the ice cream cafe' with my daughter I observed a guy washing his MB. He had a 3.5 gallon bucket, a sponge and was hosing a section, scrubbing and rinsing. I wanted to jump into action but I didn't. Sometimes you just get a feeling for the situation and not to say anything, especially when it's an older person.

8. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was yesterday actually but after walking back from the ice cream cafe' with my daughter I observed a guy washing his MB. He had a 3.5 gallon bucket, a sponge and was hosing a section, scrubbing and rinsing. I wanted to jump into action but I didn't. Sometimes you just get a feeling for the situation and not to say anything, especially when it's an older person.

Years ago, I was in the opposite position, but it wasn't in a good way. I was washing the second car I ever had, so this was 30 years ago. This old retired guy from up the road was walking by, he tells me all I need to make my car shiny, was a can of Mr Sheen, I don't know if you ever had this product in the US, but it's a furniture polish. I can't remember what car wash I was using, and I was using a cheap sponge, and only one bucket, but I wasn't going to use furniture polish on my car. But I was polite though, and I didn't laugh, till he was gone. The things you suddenly remember.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Years ago, I was in the opposite position, but it wasn't in a good way. I was washing the second car I ever had, so this was 30 years ago. This old retired guy from up the road was walking by, he tells me all I need to make my car shiny, was a can of Mr Sheen, I don't know if you ever had this product in the US, but it's a furniture polish. I can't remember what car wash I was using, and I was using a cheap sponge, and only one bucket, but I wasn't going to use furniture polish on my car. But I was polite though, and I didn't laugh, till he was gone. The things you suddenly remember.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Funny story Big DaveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I like people who use glass cleaner to clean/polish the paintWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? The worst offenders are at the gas station...you know the onesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny story Big DaveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I like people who use glass cleaner to clean/polish the paintWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? The worst offenders are at the gas station...you know the onesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hmmm, using glass cleaner... I don’t know [cough] Mike Phillips [cough] that does that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Hmmm, using glass cleaner... I don’t know [cough] Mike Phillips [cough] that does that.
    Not to actually clean a dirty carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Not to actually clean a dirty carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Are you sure? Thought he used the Sonax glass cleaner as a rinseless or waterless?

16. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Are you sure? Thought he used the Sonax glass cleaner as a rinseless or waterless?
    I don't know about all thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 565 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 654655155555565575585595605615625635645655665675685695705715725735745756156651065 ... LastLast