autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Ahhh one of the benefits of parenthood.... free labor....What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Most expensive free labor ever.

2. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

California Car Duster

I used my California Car Duster followed by a waterless wash (Meg's D115) on my 2015 Chevy Colorado.

I know that many of you cringe at the thought of dragging a duster across your car/truck but these pics should serve as a testimonial that the duster flat-out works. If it's safe on my black truck it should be safe on anything when used properly. Can you see any swirls/scratches? I can't.

The last time this truck was polished was with a non-abrasive AIO in December, 2020 and has been subjected to the duster at least 30-40 times since that last polishing. It has gotten one hand application of Meg's #26 in that time frame about a month ago.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210520_222532-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210520_222549-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210520_222337-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210520_222458-jpg

4. Likes pakubear, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I have soft paint on my driver and I won't t chance it. I've managed to keep it defect free for 11 years. The duster has been known to smear wax and so I dust with the softest microfiber instead.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Sorry, I have soft paint on my driver and I won't t chance it. I've managed to keep it defect free for 11 years. The duster has been known to smear wax and so I dust with the softest microfiber instead.
    I agree that super soft paint may not play well with the duster, but I've only experienced that with one of the vehicles I have owned since the late 1980s. That was my black 2011 HD. That paint was so soft that light swirls/scratches were unavoidable over a period of time regardless of cleaning techniques. Any swirling/scratching that I did experience from the duster was not significantly worse than any other cleaning method. Periodic polishing was necessary with that bike.

Fast forward to my 2017 HD, with much harder paint... I never polished that bike other than initially when it was brand new. I only owned that bike for a little over two years and 30,000 miles but it never needed polishing to remove swirls/scratches even with regular usage of the duster. It looked perfect when I traded it in. The paint on it was nearly bulletproof in comparison to the 2011.

My point, based on over 30 years of using several California Car Dusters, is that when used properly it will not degrade the paint finish noticeably quicker than any other cleaning method. Maybe in a laboratory type testing scenario it might, but in the real world any degradation of the finish over other cleaning methods is insignificant.

As for the "smearing" observations, yes those are a legitimate complaint with a brand new duster. Once the duster becomes "seasoned" the smearing characteristics disappear.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion is that folks keep CCDs away from soft paint. You'd think in the last 40 years they'd come up with an even better product.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my AG order today with Ech2o & GG Brilliant Finish rinseless. Couldn’t help myself went out with Ech2o at ~10:1 and did a door on my wife’s Lincoln. Was moderately soiled after a rain earlier this week and a trip for a field trip to a ranch this morning. Cleaned up really nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Got my AG order today with Ech2o & GG Brilliant Finish rinseless. Couldn’t help myself went out with Ech2o at ~10:1 and did a door on my wife’s Lincoln. Was moderately soiled after a rain earlier this week and a trip for a field trip to a ranch this morning. Cleaned up really nicely.
    Ech2o as a WWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Your going to love the Griot's as a RWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes PaulMys, Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ech2o as a WWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Your going to love the Griot's as a RWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Went out and finished the SUV with Ech2o. Just couldn’t leave just one door clean lol.

13. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FNWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The ES was just 2 days dusty/pollen dusted, so a simple foam gun dwell was all that was needed. For the soap I reached for "Eve's better half" graphene carwash. I laid down a good first layer and let dwell while I hit the tires/wheels with it, usual brushes used. I then used the remaining soap and foamed down the car again, let dwell and rinsed away. The beading is great between having laid down the new Gyeon Wax 2 weeks ago, "Eve's better half" spray graphene coating last weekend and tonight their graphene infused carwash soap. I decided on a drying aid...yep, you guessed it, "Eve's better half" got the call again, their detail spray. I was tempted but didn't bite the What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? though, LOL!

Tomorrow morning the tires get topped up...yepWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Ahhh one of the benefits of parenthood.... free labor....What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 563 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 634635135535545555565575585595605615625635645655665675685695705715725736136631063 ... LastLast