autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 55 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455565758596061626364651051555551055 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

[QUOTE=DetailKitty;1612604]Well I promised the hubby I wouldn’t buy more detailing machines... QUOTE]

Lol. Same promise I made to the wife. Until spring.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Klasse Act, DetailKitty, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I removed some embedded die transfer from blue jeans on the light/white interior of an Infinity QX35 SUV. Then sealed it up. Used both Leather Master Dye Transfer Remover and their Leather Barrier products.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I probably detailed my last car. Since I retired from full time work in 2010 I've enjoyed detailing cars and restoring headlights in my garage. I have rotator cuff tears in each shoulder. I have been able to get by on pain meds and cortisone shots but I know that wont last forever. I will still restore the headlights because my machine does most of the work. It's been a good ride and I have enjoyed and learned from many of you, so thanks!

2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MX5HIGH View Post
    I probably detailed my last car. Since I retired from full time work in 2010 I've enjoyed detailing cars and restoring headlights in my garage. I have rotator cuff tears in each shoulder. I have been able to get by on pain meds and cortisone shots but I know that wont last forever. I will still restore the headlights because my machine does most of the work. It's been a good ride and I have enjoyed and learned from many of you, so thanks!

Random question: Do you still stand on top of that platform at your age? I have a couple of those platforms, and sometimes I wonder how safe I would feel using it if I was a bit older. It’s not the getting on or being on it, but the getting off part that makes me wonder.

I usually take a big step down in order to get off of it. 1 wrong move and 1 could take a nasty fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Random question: Do you still stand on top of that platform at your age? I have a couple of those platforms, and sometimes I wonder how safe I would feel using it if I was a bit older. It’s not the getting on or being on it, but the getting off part that makes me wonder.

I usually take a big step down in order to get off of it. 1 wrong move and 1 could take a nasty fall.
    Even if you use the step on the side? That bar that crosses the legs is a step to help get on/off the platform.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MX5HIGH View Post

Sorry to hear that. I had rotator cuff surgery on a tear about 7 years ago. It didn’t fix it 100% but it’s better. I had one cortisone shot and it was one painful experience. Try to find a good doctor and maybe they can help. No one deserves to be in pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

I’ve never had a problem using the platform however I will not be using it much going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Eldorado I was just thinking the same thing. I'm thinking not to get cheap when buying one of these stools. I have a couple of smaller stools that I'll probably use as stairs getting on & off of it. the problem I found was when reaching over to far. it wants to kick out whatever you're standing on. I'm 5 weeks into a Achilles tendon tear & I'm watching every step I take.

MXHIGH I had two tears to my rotator cuff & a detached bicep 7 years ago. that was beyond painful, way worse than my Achilles tear. surgery & healing took about 7 months for me. I don't have any issues maintaining my 3 vehicles, but that's the extent of my detailing chores. are you a candidate for surgery ? if so that's the way to go. good luck.
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

MXHIGH I had two tears to my rotator cuff & a detached bicep 7 years ago. that was beyond painful, way worse than my Achilles tear. surgery & healing took about 7 months for me. I don't have any issues maintaining my 3 vehicles, but that's the extent of my detailing chores. are you a candidate for surgery ? if so that's the way to go. good luck.
    hmardown[/QUOTE]

hmardown, yes I’ve had repair surgery on both shoulders however over 15 years they both have torn beyond repair. I’ve seen two orthopedic surgeons and both have told me the only option is reverse shoulder replacement. I don’t even want to think about that so I’m trying to make my shoulders last as long as I can. I know the pain of which you speak. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, got you. take care of yourself & good luck.
    hmardown

Page 55 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455565758596061626364651051555551055 ... LastLast