autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm going to get flamed for this but.......

Detailed my phone and phone case today.

Cleaned the phone with CarPro Eraser.

Scrubbed the case with Green Star and a detail brush.

Coated the outer case material with NV Nourish.

Much better!
    I don't see any issues with using detailing knowledge or products to clean personal or household items. I used Duragloss Nu-Glass and a foam pad to polish some shower glass a couple of days ago, somebody doesn't like to wipe it down after having a shower.

Tonight I had to give Qashqai an ONR wash, it got parked in the rain this afternoon. I then dried with Bowden's After Glow. Check out the front passenger tyre, driven into the gutter at such a fine angle to get that much cement dust, but didn't touch the rim, very lucky. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210312_213705-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210312_213510-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210312_213904-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Much better!
    I think alot of us wipe the screen with whatever we've applying to the car at the time and since alot of us "overdue it", the phone benefitsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally washed my car, first time since I think early November. It looked white, but after washing it was multiple shades whiter.

Quick cringe-worthy story...

Earlier this winter the grounds crew at my complex bumped into the car, resulting in a minor scuff. When I took it to a body shop to examine the "damage" (it wasn't a big deal but the contractor offered to pay for any work), I mentioned an unrelated ding I had in the middle of the rear door. It had some touch-up paint applied by someone when I had purchased it. So here's the kicker - the body shop rep had a microfiber towel and compound, and before I even knew it he just took it straight to the ding, car unwashed, to see if he could...I dunno...improve it?

Imagine my horror thinking of this guy grinding in the dirt as he wiped the spot

Post Thanks / Like

i'm very new....I've read, and watched, and asked. Lot's to learn here.

Post Thanks / Like

Much better!
    Nothing wrong with that. Phones have gotten so expensive you might as well do everything you can to protect them.

I've actually got a new phone coming today and I'll be doing the exact same thing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally had a day to dedicate to my Stinger so I whipped out the Sonam Perfect Finish and 303 Graphene coating spray.

I tried Beasley z1 and it couldn't even remove the test spot, thats a hell no for me! I wiped it off as soon as I stopped polishing and it was already hard to remove.

Perfect finish brought the paint to life and corrected about 90% of the defects with a Rupes yellow pad.

303 Graphene was easy and provided amazing gloss!!

I had a little extra time so I did the wheels too, it didn't disappoint.

I also tried Turtle wax ceramic and Graphene paste wax to top it all, just for fun. I havnt used a paste wax in a long time so I wasn't used to the additional effort to get the product onto the microfiber applicator, but it wasn't the hardest wax I've applied. Removal was easy, but not as easy as 303. Overall, it was a nice product to use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Well I hit the quarter wash 2 days ago, my tub of Turtle Wax Graphene + Ceramic came in yesterday, its 60 this afternoon...you know what hapoened!

I did a N914 WW to clean off the light dust and applied a coat of this paste wax. The smell is like a chemical candy if that makes any senseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I can't for the life of me remember when I applied a paste wax last...seriously! I used a square cotton applicator misted with some N914 and got after it. I did the d/s first as it was out of the sun but I did do the rest of the car in the sun. In the sun I just did smaller sections and it hazed over pretty fast but I had 2 mf towels handy, one short nap removal mf and an Eagle edgeless for the buff...easyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?Yeah it's more work than a spray on, wipe off or spray on wet, hose off and dry but honestly I like the added effort, took me down memory laneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I also applied it to all glass. I sprayed some N914 to the wheelwells and tires/wheels and gave them a wipe to even everything out nicely.

Btw...its supposed to snow Monday, not sure how much, they just said it was going to be sloppy. That said, surely not as bad as Colorado and Wyoming, be safe out there guysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh yeah this tub is supposed to have T E N different products in it and not sure which one made the metallic float in the paint but it did. The blue just G L O W Z What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea the rodeo ha begun Rodger. Snowing like a mother f$$$er out here in Wyoming. Pretty well over this crap. But my truck is shedding this stuff nicely with the recent layer of turtle wax seal n shine. Old formula have a few more to use up. Trying to get rid of product this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Yea the rodeo ha begun Rodger. Snowing like a mother f$$$er out here in Wyoming. Pretty well over this crap. But my truck is shedding this stuff nicely with the recent layer of turtle wax seal n shine. Old formula have a few more to use up. Trying to get rid of product this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be safeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I waited until the afternoon when the shadow of the neighbor's house covers the driveway and then the first actual wash of the year. Tires cleaned with tuf shine, wheels with SONAX full Effect and 2 bucket wash on the car followed by griots ceramic speed shine. First time using the tuf shine and ceramic speed shine. It was getting dark so the jury's still out on them. The girlfriend also requested a wash so I also did that and the speed shine on her car.

15. Likes dgage, Big Dave, Klasse Act, DFB, MadMerc and 1 others liked this post
Page 523 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 234234735135145155165175185195205215225235245255265275285295305315325335736231023 ... LastLast