autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Ya, I get to work on some nice stuff there.

Not everything warrants a 2 stage correction and coat but if we think it will pay for itself and take the vehicle to the next level then I do it.

Here are some others....

That grand national tho! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That grand national tho! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The last one reminds me of a hot wheels car. Some kind of Buick is it?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    The last one reminds me of a hot wheels car. Some kind of Buick is it?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    1963 Buick Wild Cat
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

4. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That GN brought back memories, thank youWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Finished up detailing my bike... This was done over 4 or 5 days this week as I'm dealing with an injury
    ***** My Next Great Adventure *****
    and I can only work for short periods at a time. Nevertheless, it's done and looking good.

Going for a ride tomorrow!

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210206_184242resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210207_114216resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210207_113644resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210207_113709resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210210_181158resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210210_181216resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210211_192527resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210211_192601resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210211_192620resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210211_192858resized-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210212_104034resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210212_104050resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210212_104110resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210212_104123resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210212_104200resized-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210212_104417resized-jpg

7. Likes dgage, Big Dave, SANTA3013, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Grand Nationals are my desired lottery car. And I’d sure love that blue 69 Camaro.

Nice Harley! You did some beautiful detailing to it.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

I opened my box of items that I ordered from AG last weekend:

-1 gallon of Alien Kleen
    -120 ML of Gyeon leather coat
    -Gyeon Leather Shield kit
    -Duragloss glass cleaner
    -Duragloss carwash soap
    -Griot's Garage Ceramic wash and coat
    -Griot's Garage foaming Tire Cleaner

Most of these are repeat purchases except the Gyeon Leather Shield and Griot's Garage Ceramic wash and coat. I'm looking forward to going to town on my seats, steering wheel and shift knob with Connelly leather cleaner and a brush and then applying the Gyeon Leather Shield and maintaining it with Leather Coat. The Griot's Garage Ceramic wash and coat I see my self using when the ES is days old of dust or getting rained on, lightly dirty. It's going in my Foam gun only, not really going to use in the 2BM washes.

After this winter I can't wait to get after itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? This is the first winter in 7 years I haven't had the underground parking and it sucks...don't know what you've got till its goneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ... After this winter I can't wait to get after itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? This is the first winter in 7 years I haven't had the underground parking and it sucks...don't know what you've got till its goneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I know exactly what you mean... except in reverese.

I grew up in Ohio, working on cars, so I have a little bit of the "brutal winter" experience.

In my mid/late twenties I moved to California. Never looked back.

After living here in CA for some 40 years now, one thing I have learned for certain is that if I ever lived again in a winter climate, I would drive a beater through the winter months. Either that or buy a new car every year or two if I did drive it through the winter. No matter how well you care for a car in those conditions, it is deteriorating substantially more than a California car.

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the Connolly Leather Care Cleaner and it seemed to do a good job and seemed gentle so then I researched leather moisturizers.

I ended up ordering some Leather Doctor products (AP3 kit) after reading some about it on AGO and even more on the Leather Doctor forums. After seeing some of the repairs and reading Roger Koh’s posts on how to address leather, it made a lot of sense. Definitely multiple steps for rare cleanings or issues but each product serves a purpose and makes sense. The main ones you use are the Rinse 3.0 for light cleanings and then the two Protectors (B & D). Protector B is meant to put a smooth barrier on the seating surfaces so the seat coating isn’t rubbed off as much with the friction of getting in and out of the car. Protector D is for the steering wheel and gear shifter and has more of a draggy feel to ensure those items are protected yet not slick. I will report back on how well the kit works as I have a few minor issues like a small “dent” about the size of a BB in the leather as well as very minor blue Jean transfer.

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did this one the other day when the weather got up to a balmy 57F.

I was tired of my new Continental DWS06 tires not keeping Duragloss 252 Tire & Mat dressing for more than a week as well as not being even. So after letting the tires off gas for a couple months, I decided to apply Pinnacle Tire Clear Coat. Here is what I used for cleaning supplies and tools:

Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner
    Pinnacle Tire Clear Coat
    Milwaukee 2438 Polisher
    Medium round tire brush
    Tuf Shine coating applicator
    Eley hose nozzle (heavy duty)
    Bigboi Dryer Pro
    Autogeek ProLock Extension Cord

I cleaned the tires well with the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner until completely white. Actually, I had cleaned them a few weeks earlier but wanted to make sure the new tires would completely off gas and take the clear coat without issue. After cleaning the tires well, I dried them off with the Bigboi Blower Pro and then started applying the coating with a Tuf Shine coating applicator. I really didn't like the coating applicator at the beginning because it was difficult to get an even coat. I'd probably try to use a foam brush or thin microfiber applicator next time. But after applying a second coat, everything seemed pretty even but I may have put the second coat on a little thick. I used the Bigboi Blower Pro to dry the coating between coats as well as even it out. After the second coat, it did appear pretty glossy, too glossy for me. But after a few days, the tires have the perfect amount of gloss for me and after a few weeks, the Pinnacle Tire Clear Coat is holding up great and I'm very happy with its appearance.

Hadn't driven in a few days and wow look at the rust after a few days of rain.

Comparison after one coat.

Wow, way too glossy after two coats. Luckily the gloss calmed down some after a couple days to a very nice well-dressed tire.

Tires look great to me and I'm happy.

16. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
Page 507 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 74074574974984995005015025035045055065075085095105115125135145155165175576071007 ... LastLast