autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 49 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859991495491049 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Gave the Rogue a major wash for the first time in about 3 plus months. It was trashed. Took about 4 hours and this was all washing and hand detailing. CG Super Suds in my foam gun. Extra time for all the nooks and crannies with small brushes etc to get dirt build up. Dried with Megs waffle weaves. Trim was trashed and WETS is my go to and it didn't disappoint. It did an amazing restoration job. Tires dressed with Duragloss 321 NSD. And this was my test for P&S Beadmaker and it didn't disappoint me. Wow factor. Understanding this vehicle was abused. I can't remember when the last time I washed it was or did anything else to it's exterior. It's a great product that any average person can use and get exceptional results.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

2. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a day, it's 72 degrees, have all the windows and doors open and enjoying amazing Tampa Bay chamber of commerce weather!

2019 Nissan Rogue SL

4. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife came home from grocery shopping at Aldi and told me the turd birds were out in full force and her s*** covered Beast was proof of her statement. Every panel but the tailgate was hit at least once.

McKee’s SiO2 wash went into the iK sprayer and also in the wash bucket. Hit the wheels and tires first with a MF wash pad and tire brush. Rinsed the Beast then foamed again and commenced to washing. I rinsed the Beast then blew it dry. Rain in the forecast tomorrow but at least the bird s*** isn’t etching the paint or piano black trim.

On a side note, I’ve given my Grit Guards to friends and prefer the multiple wash mitts in a bucket system. It’s stiil two buckets but the second bucket is for the soiled MF wash mitts. Don’t know why I didn’t do this when I started using multiple MF towels in a bucket doing rinseless washes but the PBM SS taught me real quick that black hides nothing. I was able to track down micromarring on vertical panels to my wash media and after fixing it with CarPro Essence I’ve seen nothing come back even in full sun.

Yes, I know even this isn’t a foolproof system but if it keeps my detailers eye happy longer than I’m satisfied with the cleaning system change and results.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

6. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k, SWETM, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bead Maker, freaky shiny!

2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    What a day, it's 72 degrees, have all the windows and doors open and enjoying amazing Tampa Bay chamber of commerce weather!

Well you son of a...............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I opened the sun roof today! It was 50!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

11. Likes custmsprty, PaulMys, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Sweat to death for 9-10 months for 60 days of paradise LOL.

Didn't break even a bead of sweat so it was perfect today!
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Wind blowing like crazy, gusts 60+.

Pressure washer rinsed, McKees Xtreme iron remover original formula, IK foam 9 with chemical guys honeydew snow soap and the grey nozzle. 2bm with Gyeon bathe. The rinsed off

Clay with onr and green speedy prep towel.

LSP McKees 10 minute paint sealant

Wifes got Blackfire sio2 yesterday and tonight of Sio2 tire shine from McKees with there foam tire applicator. They work awesome.

Went and rolled wife’s car ahead and added a 2nd coat of McKees Sio2 tire shine. Then decided the trim looked weak so I dressed that with WETS. Now it looks good. You can see the before and after of the trim from the cowling under the hood. It helped a lot. Used a lot as it was thirsty.

Need to do interior this week or weekend. Attachment 65623Attachment 65624Attachment 65625Attachment 65626Attachment 65627Attachment 65628

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes SWETM, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    On a side note, I’ve given my Grit Guards to friends and prefer the multiple wash mitts in a bucket system. It’s stiil two buckets but the second bucket is for the soiled MF wash mitts. Don’t know why I didn’t do this when I started using multiple MF towels in a bucket doing rinseless washes
    I don’t know how I went through so many years using just 1 mitt and constantly having to pick up the hose nozzle to rinse it during a wash. The idea finally hit me when I happened to find some knockoff Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitts @the 99 Cent Store and couldn’t resist buying a couple... Even though I knew they weren’t the same exact quality as the real ones, I couldn’t help but notice what a big difference it made to suddenly have more mitts in my bucket. [I went from 2 to 4]

That’s when I went ahead and bought a bunch of quality mitts and now I have more mitts than a bucket can hold! Lol. [I usually do bucket washes with 12-14 mitts and have at least 4 spares that can’t fit in the bucket]What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Got mitts?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^
    That's exactly what I've been doing for years! I use a clean/soapy_water_soaked MF mitt on a panel (or two at most), put the now dirty MF mitt in a bucket of dirty mitts. Pull another clean MF mitt out of the soapy water and go to the next panel. I usually go thru 8-10 mitts per car. They are very cheap and there's no reason to spend time cleaning them while washing the vehicle IMHO. Then they all go into the washing machine, simple.
    Years ago I explained my method on this forum and I was surprised how many negative comments I got. Most said it was overkill, which is hard to understand given this whole forum is about overkill to about 99.999% of the population.

18. Likes Misterpaul, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
Page 49 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859991495491049 ... LastLast