autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'll try again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

All my Christmas's wishes came true, I managed to do some detailing today.

And before I get shot down for abandoning my family, the Christmas day detailing of my sister's car is a tradition that brings us together. And after the gorging session that is Christmas lunch is over, one does need to burn off a bit the excess energy with some exercise, and I count detailing as exercise. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And I was champing at the bit to put my new sink into action.

I usually hate the clean up at the end of a detailing session. In my professional life as a gardener, I am often bending down or on my knees to trim or pull weeds ect, something that is hard on the body at times. The sink made it so easy to rinse my brushes and clean out the buckets without putting further burden on my body.

Wishing all my online mates a happy Christmas.

3. Thanks Craig Encinitas, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No detailing for me today, but I have lined up my brother's two Mitsubishi Outlanders. Even though we all agreed to only buy presents for the kids this year, I knew he'd be sneaky and get me something. So I created two detailing coupons for him, both Outlanders are less than a year old, one red, the other white, both metallic. I win on so many levels, I got a cool book, and I finally get my hands on his cars to put some protection on them, and he feels bad because he only got me a book. Pics will follow when I get hold of them.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

5. Likes DFB, Craig Encinitas, Klasse Act, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the Boxing Day sale at Autobarn, 25% off everything today. I realized I was almost out of 303 Aerospace protectant the other day, it's my favourite for tyres. I really don't like the ultra glossy look. I also bought some new applicators from Bowden's, there called "All Sorts", as they look like giant lollies.

I was watching the cricket in the garage this afternoon, Australia V India, so I decided to try them out on the Qashqai, I hadn't treat the external trim for a while, it's been in the garage for a while now, so I didn't think it would be too bad, the half and half shot shows how wrong I was. The previous trim coating was Autoglym Bumper Trim spray.

I realize after typing this that there may be some content not understood in the US, sorry for that. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20201226_172450-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20201226_172548-jpg

7. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nice, love that blue!

9. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I went to the Boxing Day sale at Autobarn, 25% off everything today. I realized I was almost out of 303 Aerospace protectant the other day, it's my favourite for tyres. I really don't like the ultra glossy look. I also bought some new applicators from Bowden's, there called "All Sorts", as they look like giant lollies.

I was watching the cricket in the garage this afternoon, Australia V India, so I decided to try them out on the Qashqai, I hadn't treat the external trim for a while, it's been in the garage for a while now, so I didn't think it would be too bad, the half and half shot shows how wrong I was. The previous trim coating was Autoglym Bumper Trim spray.

I realize after typing this that there may be some content not understood in the US, sorry for that. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20201226_172450-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20201226_172548-jpg

Nice work, that blue is so nice.

I like those All Sorts applicators, I have used under a different brand name.

11. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried 303 Tire Balm?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

The SAW in full effect today, starting temp was 26 and ending temp was 32, so my fellow geeks in warm weather like Sizzle Chest and DFB, think about me next time your cleaning your car What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner and 3 of my 4 brushes. The past washes had me skipping the barrel cleaning but that ended today! After knocking that out I turned my attention to the car itself. For the wash today I did a RW using Griot's Garage Brillant Finish Rinseless Wash and 5 edgeless mf towels. I always pre-treat each panel/section using my 1000 ML Kwazzer and the dirt just lifted away and dried w/o a problem, even in the cold, the only frozen product was inside the jams where the bottom of the door is. I finished by drying the tires/wheels. Not sure if I'm going to dress the tires as they look pretty good still but knowing me I probably willWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I snapped some different pics, some show that natrual wonder of water and it being below freezing, some black ice and not the AC/DC album either and some glamour shots....enjoy!

14. Likes Big Dave, MadMerc, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Have you tried 303 Tire Balm?

I've never seen it on the shelf here, they are bringing in more 303 products, but very slowly.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen it on the shelf here, they are bringing in more 303 products, but very slowly.

Well I hope you get it because it's pretty damn good and will last longer than the 303 Aerospace and FWIW I was a beta tester for it before it came to market. It's a thicker product and completely controllable as far as shine goes, I think you'll really like itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, MadMerc, DFB liked this post
Page 489 of 1243 FirstFirst ... 389439479480481482483484485486487488489490491492493494495496497498499539589989 ... LastLast