autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 48 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758981485481048 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post
    Got the business license renewed for the year. Booked my very first regular maintenance customer for monthly cleanings. '17 Range Roger Sport, '18 Range Rover Velar, '17 BMW 328 sedan. Woot woot!
    Congrats!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

FNW time!

At this point I still have a "new to me" soap to try and that soap is a forum favorite, CG's Honeydew! I put 2 ounces of it in my IK Foam 9 and MY GOD did it foam up, WOW! I sprayed down the wheels twice and on the 2nd shot I used my Speed Master to scrub the wheels good. The smell of this stuff is awesome, really lingers around for a while. After rinsing the car down I reached for Adam's Detail spray (thanks Guz) and sprayed the whole car down and then dried, stuff worked great and left the paint smooth and shiny, thanks again Guz!

It's supposed to be almost 50 tomorrow and we've got a family party to go to later in the afternoon and I'm driving for sure! I even re-adjusted my GoPedal for race and full sensitivity on the way home after work today, I really miss being able to use this mode!

Even though there's no BROWNING what so ever on my tires I'll add a light coat of "something" on there tomorrow, I'll post some pics from a different location, not the same ol' same ol' pics....ZzzzzzzWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes SWETM, He Hate Me liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I decided to wash the wife's Mazda 6 this late morning. For the wash I used Kenotek carwash, it's been a while since I used this product. It's a German product and I guess suds aren't a "thing" across the pond, this product doesn't sud up after the initial spraying into the bucket, that's ok, it cleans just the same. Before the 2BM I added 3 ounces of the soap into my IK Foam 9 because I knew about the sudsing thing, guess what, did not sud in my foamer either, just sprayed onto the car, that's ok, it still was a pre-wash, right. After I rinsed off the pre-wash and completed the 2BM I decided to add some protection.

The Guz sent me a couple products from his vast test collection (thanks Guz) and one of these products was V1 of Adam's Guard and Gloss. I've used V2 and really liked it, so I was curious how the original was. Upon initial spray the water didn't run away from the spray, but I moved along. I took my damp, plush mf towel from Adam's and worked it in and buffed with a 16" x 16" Griot's Garage PFM. Once buffed it looked great, really adds gloss and smoothness! Once finished I wiped the battered rims with leftover on the towel and buffed in, swiped the tires dry. Speaking of the tires, how about that TW Endura tire coatingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now that that's done it time to move over to the Abarth and give it a squirt of "something" as we're going out later and it's nice as hell outside!

5. Likes Oz_TCH, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Topped off the Abarth with a mix of Armor (4 oz) & Revive (4 oz) from dpc, along with distilled water (2 oz), now it sits for a couple hours before I head out. Btw our parking lot is "sweating" so I'll be crawling through the parking lot, LOL.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's armor, revive, dpc?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

The car is trashed from the drive, its basically two-toneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I removed my backseat in order to vacuum all the trash left behind my the previous owner..

It also gave me the opportunity to clean the extreme rear of the seat, which I found out I had missed. It’s 100% clean now.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Washed wife’s car. Used IK foam 9 with 2 oz of black fire foam soap. Guess I had wrong tube in as it was super runny and didn’t foam well. Soap streaked like crazy and it was cool and no wind out with cloud cover. Not impressed.

Washed with foam soap in the 2bm as well. 2oz there to. Not very foamy.

Rinsed off. Went to blow dry and my leaf blower had something hid where I couldn’t see after I cleaned it and blew crap all over the roof. So rewash.

Dry using Pfms.

My beadmaker didn’t adhere nor did the igl premier i put down 10 days ago so there was zero water behavior except where the black fire sio2 spray sealant was.

So I decided to put that on the whole car. Turns out when it’s maybe 40 in your garage it’s a huge pain to wipe that stuff off used like 20 plus towels to get it to stop streaking and smearing.

Pretty over my detailing experience for the weekend.

Will be buying 2 heaters from grainger on Monday with my company discount and solving this damn problem once and for all.

Might sell all my coatings as this left a super huge sour taste in my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Minerigger, temp is pretty important with a product like Premier (have not used mine lef) which is why I'm waiting till spring for proper temps for sure, that stuff isn't cheap!

As far as the soap goes I can tell you that some soaps don't foam at all with the IK Foam 9, I just used one yesterday and it was Kenotek. It seems anything I've used in there that's a Gloss Enhancer doesn't foam. In the case of the Kenotek it was just runny, not clingy one bit, you certainly use enough soap ratio, I assume you didn't fill past that black line with water?

Let's see how those heaters go to help in the streaking department but as far as the IK Foam 9 goes, sounds like the soap and the gray nozzle that it comes with is just fine as it foams but over the video I watched I swapped in the orange tipped nozzle.

Chin up and hold onto those products!

Post Thanks / Like

It's warm enough for foam.

14. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
Page 48 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758981485481048 ... LastLast