autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 46 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556961465461046 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

That’s what I was thinking, but they are pretty close depending.

I’d imagine it be much easier to put a consistent time down with the Merc, but you might have more “fun” trying in the Camaro.

I’m not sure on the parts, other than the obvious appearance pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t take many interior pics, nothing too exciting.

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was serious about the SONAX Fallout Cleaner (not Remover as I said earlier), it actually has a pleasant smell to it for those of you that do not want the stink but want a quality product.

Shortly after sprayed

Couple of minutes later

No staining or problems rinsing.

Seems to have a good dwelling time, no problems if it did dry, and it was fairly breezy today.

SONAX Fallout Cleaner

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    They’re probably going to be wowed at how clean your car is when you bring it back to them.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    LOL that is what I'm hoping... I just put the OEM carpets back in it... they were never even used
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I told you guys about trying and applying a new spray Sio2 product yesterday, it was 46 down in the garage and it cured for well over 12 hrs, more like 18 and I figure it would cure, right...wrong! My dumb arse should've known better, needs to be atleast 60...DUH! I get to work this morning, get out of my car and look back and I've got a series of high spots that are "swipe shaped", meaning when I wiped it in it must've been a tad too much there and needed more wiping.

Well when I had the time later on after work I took the IK Foam 9 which was already filled with CarPro Hydrofoam already, filled another bucket with warm rinse water and my dynamic duo of drying towels and went to take care of business. I foamed the entire car and let it sit, then foamed the tires and wheels and scrubbed them with the Speed Master and then did a 2nd foaming...then rinsed it down.

I then dried the car with the appropriate towels and dried the tires and wheels. I used the flashlight on phone to look for high spots but didn't see any. My question is this...could the high spots rear their head when going from upper 40's to low 30's plus windchill driving the car, like the high spots just come out when it's cold or was it from using a bit too much product and/or not knocking the percentage down from 10% to 5%, I met in the middle at 7.5% Sio2...thoughtsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Btw I'll be able to see everything tomorrow in natural sunlight, that glowing thing I've heard of will be showing itself tomorrow, should be a good oneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So I told you guys about trying and applying a new spray Sio2 product yesterday, it was 46 down in the garage and it cured for well over 12 hrs, more like 18 and I figure it would cure, right...wrong! My dumb arse should've known better, needs to be atleast 60...DUH! I get to work this morning, get out of my car and look back and I've got a series of high spots that are "swipe shaped", meaning when I wiped it in it must've been a tad too much there and needed more wiping.

Well when I had the time later on after work I took the IK Foam 9 which was already filled with CarPro Hydrofoam already, filled another bucket with warm rinse water and my dynamic duo of drying towels and went to take care of business. I foamed the entire car and let it sit, then foamed the tires and wheels and scrubbed them with the Speed Master and then did a 2nd foaming...then rinsed it down.

I then dried the car with the appropriate towels and dried the tires and wheels. I used the flashlight on phone to look for high spots but didn't see any. My question is this...could the high spots rear their head when going from upper 40's to low 30's plus windchill driving the car, like the high spots just come out when it's cold or was it from using a bit too much product and/or not knocking the percentage down from 10% to 5%, I met in the middle at 7.5% Sio2...thoughtsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Btw I'll be able to see everything tomorrow in natural sunlight, that glowing thing I've heard of will be showing itself tomorrow, should be a good oneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I had a similar experience last night while trying to detail the interior dash & door panels of a Chevy truck after dark in limited light... I thought I was doing a great job until I decided to give it 1 last check with my flashlight and that’s when I noticed I wasn’t nearly as clean as I thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m guessing combo of both to much product and temp. The coolness affect surface temp of car and even your application towel as well as product itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that it's to much of product and not getting the excess product off. Generally some products don't like to be applyied on a topped up surface. And will get you a streaking mess. The little of the products left also gets harder to wipe off when it happens. And with a not so great lighting it will be easy to miss it. With those finicky products I have had problems with. I test to spray a couple of spritz in a mf towel and wipe it on and wipe it off with a second mf towel with a little longer nap that soak up the product effectively. Gets me a little more control with application. And sure it could also be the temperature it's applyied in. That gets the product a little thicker and harder to be soaked up.

14. Likes Klasse Act, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I should just spray the product into the mf towel AND THEN wipe it in, hard to change habits I guess. I'll know in about an hour and half how it looks outside, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after seeing all the rave reviews on Bead Maker...I caved and bought some..

26 degrees outside, 53 in the garage (who knew southern AZ got this cold, not I LOL).

Did a Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash followed by Bead Maker, WOW! This stuff is slick! Slickest product I've used.

I was worried about the streaking as some people were stating but I was determined. I was very generous with the amount I sprayed on, about 4-6 sprays a panel (along with a few on the microfiber itself) One thing I might do differently than most is using a brand new Costco microfiber towel for each new product I use. I'm not sure if this was a contributing factor as to why my outcome may have been different. It surely wasn't the bottle because I just washed out a Meyers Multi-Surface cleaner bottle before pouring Bead Maker in this morning... Bead Maker wiped off effortlessly (windows included)! One last thought is maybe users underlying products are just not mixing nicely with Bead Maker? I had applied Wolfgangs Deep Gloss Paint Sealant "topped" with CG Butter Wet Wax about 2 weeks ago.

So here she is in the garage, I can't wait to see what she looks like in the sun later!

18. Likes Maxreed241, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
Page 46 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556961465461046 ... LastLast