autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Today’s forecast....foam, turning into widely scattered gloss. A high quality soap and foam cannon make a big difference. I finished it with Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Griot's Garage 3 in 1 ceramic in a foam cannon...I'm confused What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Griot's Garage 3 in 1 ceramic in a foam cannon...I'm confused What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

He just finished with GG 3 in 1

He foamed with DP extreme foam & BF booster.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    He just finished with GG 3 in 1

He foamed with DP extreme foam & BF booster.
    I saw green in the Foam cannon, my badWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of green, this is one of the cars I worked on today! Yes you've seen me post pics of it but it's been a while. I should also mention that while it was in the upper 80's outside the shop a/c kept me cool all morning and into the afternoon, never experienced that before...now it's the gold standardWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Anywho, this car was OVERDUE for some attention and I started with the rims. The brakes have this option to give the wheels a matte look quickly, LOL. Because of this I reached for the Griot's Garage HD wheel cleaner and let it dwell. There was some bleeding out but not as much as I expected. Thankfully I brought all my wheel brushes with me and used half of them. The lighting wasn't the best so I then reached for Brake Buster and did them again, rinsed and then applied Meg's HCW @4:1 for some protection, now onto the wash.

I loaded the IK Foam 9 with 303 carwash soap and foamed it up, let dwell and rinsed off. I then did a 2BM using the 303 carwash soap again, very thick and VERY solid product! Once the car was rinsed off it was time for some protection. The owner asked for "a carwash" but this is me we're talking about and he's the owner of the graphic shop I've been dealing with for over 10 years, so no corners cut and besides, he was in Colorado watching his son race/drift cars, so WTH, right! I reached for HS Wet Wax (thanks MadMerc) and this product once again impressed the hell out me..."the gloss, the gloss, the gloss", oh wait, I can't use that one BUTT it was true here, damn impressive!

I was only supposed to do that car as I was on a tight schedule but the cutie who works there, who's Jeep I'm doing next weekend, wanted the same Jeep washed, so I said yes, ofcoarseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? That was "a carwash" too sans the protection because I'm doing it next weekend. I got both done in under 4 hrs with a Mountain Dew break and a bagel and Mt. Dew brake.

Here are some pics, dirty to clean:

6. Likes MadMerc, PaulMys, Big Dave, DMiglio, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, this ZL1 makes 750/750 nowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Knocked out some panels What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0618-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0654-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-adjustments-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-adjustments-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-adjustments-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes DMiglio, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent most of yesterday on a great car but one that will serve as a perfect example for new detailers to provide "estimates" and agree to them up-front but also to leave your contract and paperwork open enough language wise to agree to changes. The morning was spent doing a deep clean on the two-tone black and light sandstone interior. Interior wise it wasn't too bad and came out perfect. Exterior wise......

I do a drop off and inspection including all details and conditions including paint thickness measurements while the customer is with me including photos, video and all that jazz. They sign my Terms and Conditions, work order and inspection forms, etc. before they leave and I capture them on photo and text them while they are there further stating the agreed upon scope of work. My second inspection and re-sending of the forms completed, etc AFTER the full wash, clean up and decontamination. This is why.

This 2017, 40k mile G80 came to me in pretty average looking condition and we agreed upon a nice Premium Enhancement Polish package and ceramic coating. In short I can get some stellar results, many time upwards of 90-100% correction depending on the paint, vehicle, condition, etc. you know the drill. Not bad given here's the vehicle and the condition under that layer of dirt and road film didn't look to bad. I did notice and point out the entire front clip was pretty rough and appeared to have had been scrubbed with either a magic eraser or scotch brite pad. Customer acknowledged that and said it was like that when he took delivery as he's not done anything but some tunnel car washes.

The HOWEVER part revealed itself after the clean up and my putting my "ugly lights" on it. Turns out the ENTIRE lower half of the vehicle was scoured with a scotch bright pad. UGH.....

In the end, the customer agreed to pay more to have me lean-into it a bit more on the lower half and the results turned out well. Overall, I put about 6 hours into the exterior and achieved a very good 90% correction with the worst being the front bumper but even there, very good for most owners as only us detailers would notice.

More pics coming after of course but for now, here's shot of her awaiting ceramic which I'm about to go apply. Cliff notes are that one never knows what's hiding until the full clean up and decon is completed.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes DFB, Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A Scotch-brite pad...whyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I saw green in the Foam cannon, my badWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The green in the foam cannon is the DP foam soap extreme. A good quality foam cannon makes a big difference as well. I previously used a cheap foam cannon from Amazon and it took the entire container to foam the whole truck. I switched over to an MTM Hydro PF22 and it made a world of difference. I was able to do entire truck with only 1/4 of the solution in the cannon. The foam was also thicker and stuck to the surface better.

16. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quality doesn't cost it paysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

18. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 429 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 329379419420421422423424425426427428429430431432433434435436437438439479529929 ... LastLast