autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I went a bit old school on my Mum's Qashqai, she has to do run down to Sydney tomorrow, about 5 hours return on the freeway. So I put an extra layer of protection on, some Dodo Juice Blue Velvet applied by hand. I've had it for over 10 years, but still so easy to apply, and no issues buffing it off. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200518_162845-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200518_162938-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. Likes SNP209, DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey gang! Been a bit since I was on here...

The husband replaced the old flurescent lights that were dying in the garage with new, LED ones:

I'm ready for detailing season!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Finally dressed my truck’s tires. Maybe tomorrow I’ll dress the wheel wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    nice tires

Post Thanks / Like

I gave my car it's first hot shower. I first foamed with M37 coating prep wash and let dwell and rinsed. While rinsing I ran out of f fuel and had to run to WW and get a diesel container then get fuel. When I got back I foamed again with W4 and washed with reset with no dwell. Did a final rinse and used my Milwaukee leaf blower it dry.

About an hour after I remembered I got a new toy to try out and did a chassis under flush. Most was pretty good but starting just in front of the rear axle it got a lot of dirt to come off.

New toy

6. Likes DFB, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a little plastic restoration via heat gun on my fathers Toyota Tacoma.

I had previously sprayed Meguiars Headlight Coating on this plasic but since I waited too long before re applying it degraded into this mess that nothing could clean up...

Until today. Heat gun cleaned it up to this point..

Where I was able to use McKee’s Coating Prep Polish to clean it up back to almost new condition. And once again coat it with the Meguiars Headlight Coating.

Here’s the final results.

This time, to avoid the same ugly outcome, I’ll remember to re apply the Headlight Coating to all the fender flares at about the 6 month mark.

8. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Ha ha, I love it!

Makes me feel slightly less nuts for applying CarPro Hydr02 to mine.
    If you are only applying Hydr02 to yours you are totally sane, nothing to worry about!

I have since coated the rear flap, rear discharge chute and mulch plug. Made a huge difference from before the coating as the grass clippings can be rinsed off of these areas with the hose now without any scrubbing.

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a quick detail(Waterless wash, AIO and spray sealant) on my wife’s car and my Miata and tried out a new tip from fellow AG’er CruzsCarWash. When I say quick I mean less than 4 hours for both cars. Primarily used DP AIO Polish and Seal and some McKee’s37 for testing. Applied to the whole car and then, before wiping off, I sprayed my buffing towel with Megs Ultimate Fast Finish.

This is an extremely quick way to move around the vehicle allowing the AIO to haze/bond and then coming back around and applying a sealant while removing the AIO. Cruz, thanks so much for this tip! The finished results are phenomenal and makes the process that much faster and simpler!

AIO applied

AIO removed and Sealant Applied

Finished shot

No pics of the Miata right now but did both cars in under 4 hours and they look great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

12. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cruz actually saves time by having his customers wash their own vehicles before he shows up to polish them.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

Ahh I miss my boy Cruz. I remember I was layed out in the hospital 1 night after my car accident and of all people Cruz sent me some texts to talk about old school wrestling and cheer me up.

Is it true he lives in China or something these days? How’d a Mexican wind up in Asia? There’s no real tacos out there, what’s he thinking? We can’t live without tacos for too long.What did you do today, in regards to detailing? lol.

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Cruz actually saves time by having his customers wash their own vehicles before he shows up to polish them.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

Ahh I miss my boy Cruz. I remember I was layed out in the hospital 1 night after my car accident and of all people Cruz sent me some texts to talk about old school wrestling and cheer me up.

Is it true he lives in China or something these days? How’d a Mexican wind up in Asia? There’s no real tacos out there, what’s he thinking? We can’t live without tacos for too long.What did you do today, in regards to detailing? lol.
    Hahaha Eldo

I remember him saying that too, I mean if it works for him and his customers so be it, little envious over here.

I don’t think many of us knew about the accident until maybe a week or two later when you came back on and told us what happened, really glad you made it out and got a new Cadi to play with. That’s awesome the two of you were able to talk and had that common interest to keep your spirits up!

I do recall him saying that, can’t place where in Asia though. As far as a Mexican in Asia and his need for tacos, being a gringo I know better than to comment on that topic.

On a similar subject though, when I first started dating my now wife (who is Honduran)her and I went to a small hole in the wall Mexican place. They had lengua tacos and having taken Spanish classes for most of high school I thought I’d impress her, since she and the server were speaking Spanish I would too.. needless to say my white boy mispronunciation of “layn-goo-uh” got some laughs and jokes at my expense
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

16. Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    I don’t think many of us knew about the accident until maybe a week or two later when you came back on and told us what happened
    Speaking of things like that.. I didn’t even know I was in a coma for 12 days until about 5-6 days after waking up from it. And the only reason I found out was because my older brother who was visiting me that night decided to blurt it out to me and a second later he asked me if it was too soon to discuss those sort of details.

I was blown away like “what in the world, WHAT?!” I honestly had zero clue about that happening because nobody had informed me. There was so much I was in the dark about such as my spleen also being removed, along with being kinda surprised at why my entire body was in such a state of atrophy when I awoke.. It began to finally make sense once I found out what had actually happened to me.

I don’t remember a thing, and the day I woke up I remember thinking to myself if I was actually handicapped because I had no ability to move my own limbs. I had the strangest visions about inspirational sports stars that never even existed!

Later I would ask my family about these forgotten legends who’s careers were cut short due to freak accidents but they couldn’t recall the names I was giving them even though in my head I was certain these guys had lived. Lets just say that experience put my brain on a roller coaster. To have recovered back to normal makes me thank God and thank God for doctors & nurses because they really save peoples lives.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

18. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 387 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 287337377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397437487887 ... LastLast