autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Ha ha, I'm single, that's why I can do long road trips for silly reasons. My only dependents are my dogs, and more recently my 79 year old mum, she's still very independent and mobile, but with coronavirus they've suggested everyone over 60 stay at home. Luckily she's heavily into Netflix.

I am planning my next road trip after lift the restrictions, 2.5 hours south to my favourite burger joint, near where we used to live, it helps that there is some off road tracks nearby as well.

Raining here this morning, not sure I will get any detailing done today.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    From one Dave to another, I’m sorry for the Freudian slip on the wife assumption. Idk where I got that from, must’ve been thinking about how my wife wouldn’t be home when I got back from that trip! Jk haha she’s pretty understanding of this hobby(obsession) and little side gig.

That’s wonderful, she must be in good health I hope, 79 independent and Mobile isn’t too common here in the states.

You’ve got Illinois weather sounds like, been raining since Tuesday afternoon, it’s almost 6pm Wednesday. Expecting rain for another 18 hours. Hope you can sneak some detailing in if the rain lets up!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone from a high of about 80 over the last few days down to 60 with rain for the next few. I have a Motortrend online subscription, so I'll be watching some Overhaulin, Roadkill and anything else I can find on there. I suppose I could do some interior work.

Funny thing, most people guess I'm single when they see what I drive. The FJ is lifted, toughened, and I've removed the rear seats to give the dogs more room.

Old pic below, still raining outside.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-dsc_4727_1-jpg

3. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used to watch overhaulin all the time and my favorite part of the episodes are when Chip does the sketches. I used to draw all the time but kind of fell out of it sadly, but his ability to put on paper what he sees in his head and to do it so well, realistically and proportionally blows my mind.

FJ’s are awesome! Yours looks quite menacing too with the snorkel, rugged lifted suspension, wheels and tires.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Used to watch overhaulin all the time and my favorite part of the episodes are when Chip does the sketches. I used to draw all the time but kind of fell out of it sadly, but his ability to put on paper what he sees in his head and to do it so well, realistically and proportionally blows my mind.

FJ’s are awesome! Yours looks quite menacing too with the snorkel, rugged lifted suspension, wheels and tires.
    Front view takes it even further. Vinyl wrap, grille surround painted to match, bullbar, lightbar, silver on black plates, and some custom DRLs. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-dsc_4721_1-jpg

6. Likes PaulMys, DFB, DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Broke out the new (to me) Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash to give the Acura a quick bath...wow super slick! I’ve only used Pinnacle Rinseless and ONR, this by far is the slickest, curios what it looks like in the morning with the sun up.

It’s getting dark but took a couple of pics.

Over the weekend, I had to replace a tire since I got a sheet rock screw in the side....and I found a part of the car that hasn’t been cleaned!

Looks like I have my next project in the coming weeks, Damn!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

8. Likes DMiglio, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished off my little project today.

So pleased with the results, I washed the Mustang to celebrate!

Despite appearances, I am by no means a one eyed brand snob. I love anything with four wheels, however the Ford brand is something that I gravitated towards in my early teens and has stuck with me ever since.

10. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Installed 2 layer of Gyeon mohs on wife’s suburban. Took me 5 hrs. So either I’m slow as all hell or that’s what it takes for a full size suv. Used lights and whatnot and have every possible mistake. Streaks I couldn’t see apparently are now coated in. High spots, smudges. Stuff doesn’t flash to save its life at 55 and no humidity. I will not be doing another coating. This crap is for the birds, not to mention now this black paint really looks hammered since I couldn’t get everything out. Makes me want to get rid of this nightmare black car. Think I’ll stick to my aio and waxes and sealants. Rant over

So after some sleep I think I’m going to inspect again and see what it looks like and might throw top coat in just to be done. Kinda over the whole thing really.

But I do have a question for those that have used synchro or any coating really...how much does it take to do a full size suv. None of this oh it’ll do 2 coats...I can see that for a dang car but we are talking a boat on wheels.

I ask because I used all of the 50 ml and a little more of the 30ml kit I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used Mother's Plastic polish to clean the light bar lens, it was looking a bit old. Then I noticed how bad the TRD badge looked, and I don't have any metal polish at the moment, so I used some Lime Prime to shine it up a bit.

Funny story behind the TRD badge, a guy I used to work with has a Celica GT Four he's doing so many mods to it that it's never on the road, he's a tragic TRD fanboy. So I bought a TRD gear knob and the badge. Every time he sees it he shakes his head, it annoys him so much. Both were cheap, so I tell him it's a non genuine badge for a non genuine gear knob. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200502_163109-jpg

13. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Installed 2 layer of Gyeon mohs on wife’s suburban. Took me 5 hrs. So either I’m slow as all hell or that’s what it takes for a full size suv. Used lights and whatnot and have every possible mistake. Streaks I couldn’t see apparently are now coated in. High spots, smudges. Stuff doesn’t flash to save its life at 55 and no humidity. I will not be doing another coating. This crap is for the birds, not to mention now this black paint really looks hammered since I couldn’t get everything out. Makes me want to get rid of this nightmare black car. Think I’ll stick to my aio and waxes and sealants. Rant over

So after some sleep I think I’m going to inspect again and see what it looks like and might throw top coat in just to be done. Kinda over the whole thing really.

But I do have a question for those that have used synchro or any coating really...how much does it take to do a full size suv. None of this oh it’ll do 2 coats...I can see that for a dang car but we are talking a boat on wheels.

I ask because I used all of the 50 ml and a little more of the 30ml kit I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve never applied it to such a big vehicle but I’d say I used about 40ml of Mohs and 20ml of Skin on my car and that’s because I applied heavy, it was my first real coating application. To this date I’d say Syncro was the easiest to apply because it spreads and wipes off so easily. As you noticed, don’t really see flashing, give it a little bit of time and wipe away. The Skin part of the kit is super smooth to use.
    I’m sorry you had some issues and that turned you off towards using a coating. Maybe the first time you wash your car coated with Syncro that will change your mind again, the water behavior on that coating is insane.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Experimenting with the company car. I forget which lsp is on it, or even maintenance spray, but the hydrophobicity was insane.
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

16. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
Page 383 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 283333373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393433483883 ... LastLast