autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Agree 100% on everything you said.

Not sure how old you are, but I remember back in the mid 70's when Crazy-Glu would literally & instantly bond anything together. When you took the cap off, that stuff would almost make you pass out.

Today, it has almost no smell and it can't even stick your fingers together. (Yeah, we all tried that as kids back then, Lol).

But, to the point..... When I opened my first Collinite product and smelled that petroleum smell, I was like "OH Yeah. Now THIS will be good."
    Haha funny story there, I’m in my early 30’s and I know what you’re talking about playing with glue. I definitely had fun playing around with super glues building models as a kid and into my teens.

Something about a no nonsense scented wax/sealant product, it’s like everything that’s in that bottle is meant for paint and protection and not for us to be huffing in our garages!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Same here. One of the best things is challenging the little winged car boys, then laying waste to them in a truck.
    Damn Paul, as somebody who grew up in the tuner scene, this hits a little close to home hahaha and can confirm it’s probably more than true!

I had a mildly tuned swapped Civic(quick low 14 second car not muscle car fast) when I was younger. My buddy had a 4.0 liter Jeep Cherokee that drank oil,5 speed stick shift and rust everywhere, but I’ll be damned if that thing didn’t pull through 1st and 2nd gear harder than my car thanks to probably 3x the torque. Weight difference be damned!!

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post
    She looks great. Really wish Ford would get there head outta their rear ends and bring those to the states. I would buy one in a heartbeat but I think they are discontinued down under as well.

Also glad to see you get to resume work. Stay safe!
    Thanks for the kind words.

Ford shut their Australian factories in October 2016 and the GM rival, Holden, in 2017.

What I admire about the American culture is how patriotic you guys are, you support and buy stuff made in your country. Australia stopped buying Australian made cars and the industry folded. Such a shame.

Post Thanks / Like

Scored some nice Ford logo decals to put a finishing touch on my setup. These arrived late in the day so it will be a nice little project for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Low 14's and couldn't beat CherokeeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Low 14's and couldn't beat CherokeeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Just exaggerating about that off the line grunt you feel when there’s a good amount of torque under your right foot. It could beat the Cherokee I assure you both in go and show haha!

Post Thanks / Like

No worries, it's just my buddy Paul was talking about smokin' those "winged cars" and I think of EVO/STI/RS/Type R vehicles and injustice don't see a Ram beating those cars, the "ricers" on the other hand, mostly, yes.

Post Thanks / Like

What’s wild nowadays to me is just how “quick” every car has become. Now I’m not saying a 99 Covic SI is anything special, but it came with a high revving DOHC B16, 5 Speed and 20 years ago it was quite the car. I think it ran high 15’s so not fast, but it was considered a “hot” and sporty Civic.

Pretty sure today base Civics, Camrys etc will do that and they aren’t talked about being a “sport” model, hyped up talking about its engine, gearing or suspension. I’d say, they’re considered quite mundane and boring while at the same time probably hitting similar or better in some cases, performance numbers of that “souped” SI.

Post Thanks / Like

There's more to "hot" than the 1320 experience, leave that to muscle cars, that's all they do and have ever done, although I've seen TouTube videos of Hellcats on the Ring "gettin' it"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

My car, an Elantra sport w/ its 201 hp/195 lbs-tq is quick, had an exhaust and enclosed intake, runs low 15's, maybe high 14's because it feels as quick or even quicker than my old 2005 Crossfire Limited w/6 spd and I ran a 14.8 @ 94 mph in that car. Cars keep progressing across the board, what was considered "muscle" in the 60's pales in comparison to what's available today! Todays muscle cars would've been unthinkable when those guys were pumping Sunoco 260 onto there cars, turning their pipes white and bumpers blue!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh absolutely, as much fun as it is to blast down a quarter mile, I myself much prefer some twistys, tuned suspension and grippy tires! In high school this was always the hardest thing to explain to the muscle car guys, it wasn’t always about out and out straight line power. Sadly, no matter what you told them you couldn’t have fun in a Civic, Integra, Miata because they were little slow 4 bangers and rice burners. I’m a Car Guy through and through though and I’ve messed with American, Asian and European(German) vehicles, but I still enjoy the overall experience I get from said “rice” vehicles.

I’m guessing your Elantra, even though it’s high 14’s/low 15’s is probably a lot of fun and puts a smile on your face when you ask it to. Especially because I know based on your posts you’re definitely a car guy and run the Dragon regularly.

To keep on topic with the Thread haha, I picked up some B&S Uro-fiber pads last week and tried them out a couple days ago. Really nice pad to work with and gave a great cut and finish when paired with DP’s AIO. I enjoyed it so much I forgot to take after pics haha so when I get a chance I will post them up in the coming days!

Page 381 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 281331371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391431481881 ... LastLast