autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Bruno,
    You stated use the Carpro Quartz UK3.0 and then Gliss v2. Did you do only one coat of each, or have you tried two layers of CQuartz then a topper?

Curious

Kirby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    Bruno,
    You stated use the Carpro Quartz UK3.0 and then Gliss v2. Did you do only one coat of each, or have you tried two layers of CQuartz then a topper?

Curious

Kirby
    2 coats of UK3.0 and 1 coat of Gliss. I've never used that combo with different amount of coats, always 3 coats total between the 2 products.
    I don't usually do toppers and will definitely not use Reload but I did buy a bottle of Elixir to use, maybe once a month. I have previously mixed Reload and Ech2o with distilled water and it worked well on a car that at the time had some aged McKee's 37 coating so I thought about giving their tuned mix a shot now on their own coating. But up until now I haven't really topped my coatings much because most toppers perform less than the coating, I don't want to cover it and not enjoy its benefits. My car had Syncro for 18 months until next week and that was still working well, I used just Ech2o as drying aid, never a real topper. Of course the coating was not like day 1 but was good enough that even iron-x was beading when I was starting my decontamination process. Anyone that saw me washing the car before the detail would say I'm nuts removing a coating that is still working that well.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

took some time the other day to really DEEP clean the interior of my wife's SUV which is pure black and just gets loaded with dust and dander, dog hair, etc. Lilly tool and the Tornador Velocity vac made short work of it all and provided the deep vacuuming it needed.

Wife's Lincoln: love the car but the interior is a PIA

Son's Corolla: Really amazed at how well the interior cleaned up for a 5yr old 85k mile car. Like brand new.

My Infiniti: Needed to clean up and treat the leather so it stays like new.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes Bruno Soares, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after Meguiar’s microfiber cutting discs with griots FCC on the GG6 at speed 5 I got great results...since it’s black it left micro marring which was expected. Was going to try perfecting cream on white lake country flats but said screw it and see if Gyeon Q2 primer was up to it.

Read up in Jeff’s article on DI on his preferred method. So 2 dots it was...seems odd but holy cow did it work wonders.

Gg6, white Lc flat 2 pea size drops. Put on paint...didn’t dab around just set pad down and start on speed 2. Spread around area I was working and then turn up to 4. Take all pressure off...kept just enough to keep from wanting to bounce and wobble and quickish arm speed. Wipes off super easy and awesome results.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0811-jpg
    Before compounding
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0840-jpg
    After compounding
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0842-jpg
    Can’t get the phone to focus close up as it’s trying to pick up the reflection of stuff behind me.

In 2 hrs tonight I did the roof, hood, and front fenders. Only reason I did the hood is I’m coating when I’m done. Gyeon synchro should look good and hold up well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes SNP209, PaulMys, DMiglio liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I finished off my 2014 F150 by using my DA to apply 2 light coats of Megs Ultimate Wax followed by buffing with a white microfibre cover.

Due to difficulties taping during the 105/205 stages I had a bit of residue on my plastic fender flares. I found a bottle of Megs Trim Detailer in my supplies and decided to give it a try. I've had the stuff for probably five years; I can't believe I haven't tried it before today. This stuff is amazing! I also feel kind of sheepish because the rubber window molding needed touched up as well. I use Vinyl & Rubber cleaner all the time on my tires but never put two and two together that it would also work on the rubber trim and weatherstripping inside the door jambs. All I can say is wow! Turns out what you think is "clean" because you've washed it isn't even close....

Post Thanks / Like

Finally gave the FJ a wash, it wasn't too bad, we haven't had any rain for a while so it was just a bit dusty from the construction site next door, I'm hoping they will be finished in a month or so. The last pic is for DFB, I know he loves his exhaust tips. The only way to clean mine is with the sanding pad, the mud gets baked on and there is nothing that will wash it off. I kind of like the brushed streel look now anyway. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-dsc_4727_1-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-dsc_4726_1-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-dsc_4725_1-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. Likes DFB, DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed one of my gardening clients car today.

Like most Subaru's, this is a go anywhere car, from highways to gravel roads and everything in between.

For a change, I started on the interior as it needed the most attention. The owner has two Golden Retrievers, the boot caked in mud and hair.

For the cargo tray I used a wheel brush tire cleaner, which did a really good job of lifting the ingrained mud.

For the rest of the interior I used APC to clean all the plastics, A Leather Quick Detailer on the seats and CarPro Perl for the dressings. I then used a bucket of water and some APC to clean the door jams and rubbers.

Onto the exterior, the wheels and tires were first as usual. It's here using wheel and tire cleaners come into their own. On a well maintained car, their use is less important. On a neglected car, they make the job so much easier.

I then foamed the car and allowed everything to soak before rinsing thoroughly. I then refoamed and completed a hand wash. I then gave the car a coat of Hydr02 before blowing dry and wiping over with Meguiars Last Touch. Glass cleaned and black trims and tires coated with Perl and it was done.

Sadly, the day had gotten away from me so I had no time for some nice after shots except this rushed one once returned to the customer who was delighted with the results, and the smell of the Megs quick detailer.

Apart from the extremely cheap and poor quality carpet, the Outback is a really nice vehicle. It feels very solid and had a very soft, pliant ride. And of course, I love the colour. In fact I helped her choose it!

With the music beating away in my ears and a big job to do, I simply didn't think about the virus chaos in world at the moment. A nice distraction that also earned me some money.

11. Likes VISITOR, DMiglio, SNP209, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another paid detail, go me! Transformed this little Mazda today.

Post Thanks / Like

Washed both the Fusion and the Focus this morning.
    Used Griots 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax as a drying air and was impressed. It really made the flake pop on my Wife's Focus.
    I also noticed that someone scuffed the he out of the passenger side if my Fusion since I washed it last weekend. I also noticed that my tires are finally at the wear indicators, and that one of them has a screw in the tread.
    Time for new wheels and tires? As Roger would say, stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    Washed both the Fusion and the Focus this morning.
    Used Griots 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax as a drying air and was impressed. It really made the flake pop on my Wife's Focus.
    I also noticed that someone scuffed the he out of the passenger side if my Fusion since I washed it last weekend. I also noticed that my tires are finally at the wear indicators, and that one of them has a screw in the tread.
    Time for new wheels and tires? As Roger would say, stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Alright...new tires/wheels, do you have a guy MercWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 376 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 276326366367368369370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386426476876 ... LastLast