autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 35 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445851355351035 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

All the new products worked great tonight, including the Griot's Garage wash pad, really enjoyed using IT!

I also tried the new Meg's ceramic spray wax, just on the wheels this time. It sprays out rather thick and smells like a bomb pop! I sprayed all 4 wheels and THEN rinsed off, came out great in both shine as well as beading. One issue was the sprayer, it leaked all down the trigger, NOT a fan! This took away from the experience for sure and I plan on calling Megs about this issue.

As you can see the Gyeon Q2 tire has held up to time, rain and soap & scrub, BIG FAN!"!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes He Hate Me liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    One issue was the sprayer, it leaked all down the trigger, NOT a fan! This took away from the experience for sure and I plan on calling Megs about this issue.
    That’s nothing... I polished a car today with HD Speed. Have you ever used HD speed? Worst cap dispenser of any polish! The damn thing clogs up all the time! I had to unscrew it [I always wind up having to] and pour it out from the bottle... I ended up pouring way too much, like half a pads worth, and then had to dab blotches of polish around the car for later use because it was so much.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks and yes, I have the product but haven't used it yet, thanks for the heads up!

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks and yes, I have the product but haven't used it yet, thanks for the heads up!

I’ve been meaning to put it in a different bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

About 2.5 hours till the FNW, have some new products to try out, image that, LOL!

For the pre-wash I'm using up the Pearl that's in the IK Foam 9, pretty happy with that product so far. Now for the 2BM and yes, it needs it as it was driven in the rain the other day, I'm reaching for my just arrived from overseas Bilt Hamber auto wash. I guess this stuff is super concentrated and I'm going to start with .5 ounces for 3 gallons and see how it goes. I'm also need to try the new Meg's ceramic spray wax, so the wheels are getting some of that, really looking forward to seeing how that is, stay "tuned"....
    How did it work with the Bilt Hamber Auto-Wash?
    It's 1:2000 dilution. So for 3 gallons only 0,2oz is needed. That is some crazy dilution LOL.

I use a flairosol bottle with Sonax BSD which seems to be as thick as the Megs Ceramic Wax. And are going to test Sonax Spray and Seal in a flairosol bottle next time I will use it. Think that the fine mist and the more even spreading you can get. Would suit those spray on rinse off products good I think.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

@SWETM. How’s your experience been using the Sonax Spray & Seal on your wheels? I’ve been trying it on the vehicles here at home and I can’t see any great difference. HBU?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @SWETM. How’s your experience been using the Sonax Spray & Seal on your wheels? I’ve been trying it on the vehicles here at home and I can’t see any great difference. HBU?
    I looked at them yesterday and was noticeing they are looking cleaner than useally at this time. It's the heavy road salt on the roads time hear and wet roads almost always here now. And it's little over a month ago I put them on and not been able to wash the car since then. Think they have a little darkening effect on them too. But the experience with Wet Coat is they get very crispy looking. So maybe the looks is not that different.

On the Ford Focus I maintain I put on the Spray and Seal on the paint a month ago. But on that I have not noticed it to have a better self cleaning ability than Wet Coat. What is quite impresive is that even when the paint is very dirty. It's still beads great. Maybe a little less build up on the side panels. The hatch is an accumulate of dirt build up on those car. So that's what I'm seeing LOL. Will be intresting to when I get a chance to wash the cars again and how it has stand up to getting bonded dirt.

So far I'm satisfied with Spray and Seal. Will know more when I wash them next. Depending on how the prewash goes. If I get it clean enough from it I will be testing to wash with Sonax Wash and Seal. And see if it ads some protection and I don't need to be applying the Spray and Seal afterwards too.

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    How did it work with the Bilt Hamber Auto-Wash?
    It's 1:2000 dilution. So for 3 gallons only 0,2oz is needed. That is some crazy dilution LOL.

I use a flairosol bottle with Sonax BSD which seems to be as thick as the Megs Ceramic Wax. And are going to test Sonax Spray and Seal in a flairosol bottle next time I will use it. Think that the fine mist and the more even spreading you can get. Would suit those spray on rinse off products good I think.

/ Tony
    Well it did sud up pretty good but I ended up with 3.5 and later sprayed a bit more to reactivate it. By the time I used it the suds were ok and I've learned that suds aren't the be all end all when it comes to cleaning. At the ratio I used on this wash the Griot's Garage wash pad slid across the car just fine, so i feel it was fine. The next go around I'll see what .75 ounces does. This product wasn't cheap either, between the price and shipping it was $28.00, curiosity does indeed have a price, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I looked at them yesterday and was noticeing they are looking cleaner than useally at this time. It's the heavy road salt on the roads time hear and wet roads almost always here now. And it's little over a month ago I put them on and not been able to wash the car since then. Think they have a little darkening effect on them too. But the experience with Wet Coat is they get very crispy looking. So maybe the looks is not that different.

On the Ford Focus I maintain I put on the Spray and Seal on the paint a month ago. But on that I have not noticed it to have a better self cleaning ability than Wet Coat. What is quite impresive is that even when the paint is very dirty. It's still beads great. Maybe a little less build up on the side panels. The hatch is an accumulate of dirt build up on those car. So that's what I'm seeing LOL. Will be intresting to when I get a chance to wash the cars again and how it has stand up to getting bonded dirt.

So far I'm satisfied with Spray and Seal. Will know more when I wash them next. Depending on how the prewash goes. If I get it clean enough from it I will be testing to wash with Sonax Wash and Seal. And see if it ads some protection and I don't need to be applying the Spray and Seal afterwards too.
    Thanks for the reply. I might use it today on a black car that has protection that’s due for a refresh of some kind. It just depends on whether I get out there early enough because this stuffs not supposed to be used in the sun, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready to do a wash on the wife's Mazda 6 in about an hour. This time around I'm using a "new to me" product, CG's Glossworkz. I'll be using it as the pre-wash in my IK Foam 9 as well as in the 2BM. It also looks like TW Endura is holding up nicely, as expected but the other side, not so much and its Griot's Garage Black Shine tire gel. I mean it's not brown but I'm going to see how it looks but to be honest, it's not a tire coating like TW Endura tire coating is...stay "tuned".

Page 35 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445851355351035 ... LastLast